Diividing Server Suggestion

Just a suggestion for Trendy I think that servers should be divided into sections according to the global postition of the host. Say for instance, Billy Bob in Tennessee wants to play a game, joins a server, come to find out its hosted by someone from Germany. This equals extremely frustrating lag, so bad that it almost makes it impossible to play. By dividing the server into sections in the custom server screen even if its just two or three letters abreviated. Maybe something like this..

name open slots
BillyBob's Game (USA) 1
Fredrick's Game (UK) 3
BarBMate's Game (AUS) 1

I could see maybe a sections like USA, UK, AUS to at least forwarn someone from another country before joining a server from another country

I disagree,

Dungeon defenders is not an fps or a moba. The connection from europe to the usa is not so bad. I have had more lag playing with a friend of mine who lives 2 km away as with some peopel accross the ocean. Yes the latency is a bit higher but not enough to be an issue.

If you force to put the country letters in someone's game this would only lead to discrimination.

And last but not least you CAN type your own game name naming it UK bla bla bla bla is something some peopel already do.

Trendy reps have stated that the Steam download region you select will impact the games that you see/find. I believe from my own experience that it is a loose connection between them but it is well worth making sure your region is set correctly.

I often host / play rooms with people I know are from Australia and Europe and experience no problems. I am from Florida.

Also remember that lag is cause by so many more things then just the region of the player.
I.E. Computer, Net Connection...