Sign in to follow this  
LipsofAshes

Should the Jester Use PU ?

I agree with the above two posts. Practically, jesters have no place at all unless the map can already be beaten with lots of DU to spare to spam presents. Note the use of spam, since placing them down one by one isn't going to work out very well... When I plan my maps, I don't go leave out 12 DU for presents. No, I'll be able to use those 12 DU creatively.

I think a novel approach to the situation would be if you could build a tower (say magic missle) and then enclose it in a present for a wave. If the present survived the wave (remember they only have about 200 hp) the tower would be released at a reduced cost. If the present were destroyed by any means, the tower would be lost as well. That way the gamble could be a matter of if the present survived or not and you could get the tower's cost reduced.

I know it won't happen but that would make Jester's far more useful I think.

Edit: but as far as the original idea goes, no they don't need a separate resource.

No. It's already easy enough with the MU. Just adding PU would just make this game a lot boring and easier. Where's the challenge in that? Tower build for Jesters is already doomed at the start, it would simply take forever to get the tower you want from the present.

Using jester as a tower builder should not be the only means of defense yes, The issue is atm most players jesters are used for DPS or to play the Mana delivery role due to their movement speed.

the idea of the gamble put a current tower into a present, where if it survives the wave it gets a lower DU Could be a great route it still keeps the Luck system in play, keep the box safe or we lose the tower. The only drawback i can see from the devs standpoint would be unless the jester still had the option to place a box normally (random item appearing) their would be less of a risk of negative effects

Edit: Perhaps the ogres could be hostile to everything, defense and horde alike when they spawn? That would give presents a bit more bite and would create some interesting uses for them while keeping the gambler's spirit of "Do I put it back here and hope its a defense or put it up there hoping its an ogre?"

Jester has a move defense spell. If it doesn't turn out to be an ogre, no sweat, just move it to a tower location.