Sign in to follow this  
Zenxacred

Idea for Kicking Players.

idea:

- If you kick someone, their towers go with them. If they leave voluntarily, the towers stay.

thoughts?

Did not expect such a nice response to the idea in the topic. So as suggested, I made a topic here.

Seems like a good idea, at least puts a stop to some ppl getting a high lvl builder to burn them through nightmare then kicking em to hog all the loot

Nice idea, tired of "build then kicked" *******s.

But, no one is going to care about something posted out of general/patch forum

Agree I've carried people through many levels, to get kicked on the last wave, or in survivals to get kicked after building and upgrading..

Agreed. But I have to add something. Some people kick others on purpose right after Monster Fests for example. They want to have the loot of 8 people, and then kick everyone. I think if a host kicks people after the last wave, loot equivalent to the number of kicked players should be despawned

Unless I am the host I hardly ever build anything since kicking the builder once the build is complete is so prevalent. Having towers disappear if I am kicked would be a good idea.

Good idea, I see nothing terribly wrong with this. If the builder comes and trolls, then the host should've built in the first place so he's losing nothing.

Alternately, if this is too much work, I've added to someone elses 'kick' suggestion.

If the host kicks someone, any towers the kicked player built would have a 30% over all stat reduction. As despawning all of them might be too much to code or work in, or could easily bug out and people who voluntarily leave could end up taking their towers with them.

So, the host would be stuck with a 30% stat nerf. Selfish people who didn't know this would be surprised and possibly learn a lesson when they got mowed over. If it was a lowbie game, I don't see a 30% nerf from higher towers really making a huge difference. So this would be mostly be a reasonable fix for people being jerks 74+.

I like the loot vanish idea........ Kick a player, start with the good loot first and his portion goes........ Some cases though someone goes AFK and you just have to kick them as it adds more monsters.

I seem to always get kicked, So I stopped playing with others unless I know them.

Mike.

I think the loot aspect is already in the game. The maximum amount of loot on the ground is determined by how many players are in the game. If players leave, lower value items start to poof.

As for a kicked player's towers going with them, wholehearted agreement. Some people like to kick for no reason, and it really urks me to think that they get an easier ride anyway. Particular mention goes to someone who asked me to carry them through Glitterhelm NMHC, hogged 20 or so DU on 150ish stat beams, and got mad when I told him that they needed to be sold to put something up that would actually hold. Granted, there was an entire section of the map undefended, but it left a bitter taste in my mouth.

It is the Host's rite to kick any one at any time for any reason.

I am just tired of total DB hosts using players then kicking them like they are flushing used TP down the toilet.

That kind of abuse is NEVER cool! Just because you have a rite it does not mean you have to abuse it.

So I am all for a penalty for kicking people just for the bloody hell of it!

Two thumbs way up!

I seem to always get kicked, So I stopped playing with others unless I know them.

Mike.

That's everyone's reason for playing private matches. And it's a daaamn good reason.

+1 on topic, never fell victim to one of these malicious creatures but I hear that they tend to attack their prey very often and while being unsuspected. It would be great if we could troll them back.