Sign in to follow this  
nhiser

Bridging the gap

With the release of kings game came a true bridge between insane and nightmare. Then it was patched very quickly to eliminate the ease of the level and another patch reduced the difficulty, slightly. My question here is that if this map isnt goin to bridge the gap here, what map(s) can?

Also, I find it to be in very poor taste that trendy rushed the patch to make the map harder because it was accidentally released too easy and now it seems to me that they lost that pep in their step when it comes to fixing the map to a far more reasonable state. How long until players who are geared for nightmare already can actually beat the kings game on NM?

People would of been fine with King's game if Trendy didn't flat out lie about it being a map to help close the gap with progression. They went from one extreme to another with the difficulty and because of this alot of people are disgusted.

I will never understand how they have Sky City as a starting point for this map, when there goal was to make it easier then the sshards map. In that case Aquanos level of enemies would of been alot more kinder to people and still challenging and fun. Right now this map is by far one of the worse maps to try for late wave survival and should be avoided at all costs until they work out the bugs with this map.

As for progression. Throne room> Endless Spires> Misty> Aquanos.

I honestly never thought of it that way but I totally agree with you about the fact that people would not have had a problem if the "bridging the gap" quote had never been there at all. I know I wouldn't be trying so hard to complete this map if I had been able to think of it as an endgame map since the start.

I believe it should be changed to the original difficulty, and then Trendy should just wash their hands and "be done". No matter what, people will always complain. With a squire tower stats of 1200/2100/700/1600, I cannot use my build on that anymore. In fact the only NM maps I can do are campaign maps, minus the ones with bosses.