Sign in to follow this  
Sattelizer

Removed Upgrade power up on KG surv?

So been doing the KG nm, hc, mm me and my mate ran on plates from 2 waves aka total of 14 waves into the game up until wave 20 didnt get it once.

Used to get it every single time in the 3-4th wave before 5 without problem, (Before this patch) so did they remove it or lowered the chans to a really insane small chance after this patch?

//Math

I have no idea if they changed it in the latest patch, but judging from my previous experiences, I think it's just purely random and extremely uncommon. I once got it from the very first tile I stepped on in the run, and at the same point my friend had not encountered it even once. Then I could have several runs without a trace of the effect and then poof - again.

If you can afford to have 3 people in your game, then it might help if two people defend the cores while the third runs around in a pattern and farms the tiles. Summoner is great for that task, as they can activate the tiles even while phased. It might be worth it, since besides giving you extra DU and upgrading all defenses, the tiles have many other helpful effects.

(The 'Ouch!' tile seems to hit you for about 90k before resistances, which should become 30k on a char with all 66% resistances.)

I have no idea if they changed it in the latest patch, but judging from my previous experiences, I think it's just purely random and extremely uncommon. I once got it from the very first tile I stepped on in the run, and at the same point my friend had not encountered it even once. Then I could have several runs without a trace of the effect and then poof - again.

If you can afford to have 3 people in your game, then it might help if two people defend the cores while the third runs around in a pattern and farms the tiles. Summoner is great for that task, as they can activate the tiles even while phased. It might be worth it, since besides giving you extra DU and upgrading all defenses, the tiles have many other helpful effects.

(The 'Ouch!' tile seems to hit you for about 90k before resistances, which should become 30k on a char with all 66% resistances.)

It is fairly rare, and I'm pretty sure the Ouch! tile does a % of your HP. I was only getting hit for like, 11k iirc on my summoner.

I am not sure if they removed the upgrade towers from the game, but it feels like it. Me and two of my friends were running the campaign on NMHC and we havent gotten it once recently. One of my friends was on his summoner flying around just constantly hitting tiles, still no luck. I think it may have been removed to compensate for the 15% reduction in difficulty for some reason.

For what it's worth, I never got the upgrade tile during the times I played, before or after patch. If it weren't for the forums, I wouldn't know it was even possible.

Starting wave 13, just got, Upgraed all wave 14, upgrade DU wave 15, upgrade all wave 17, lucky xD Wiped on wave 28 coz im died like a damn fool >.> Im wondering if MM is the way to go, since mob count can be substantially lower on later waves.