Sign in to follow this  
karmose1

Trendy-

i hope this has already been brought to your attention, however... your "new" mana tokens have driven this game into the ground. over 40 players on my steam list have all quit due to them. forums have died. in game trade is all but pathetic. i really hope you attempt to ammend this issue.

Elaborate more? Broken the economy?

the economy is broken. it was bad before but managable. now its completly destroyed. the forums have all but died. trading has come to a hault. mana hacking is running rampant

Yeah, I see pretty much every post in the trade/auction forum limiting the mana used and preferring items.

the economy is broken. it was bad before but managable. now its completly destroyed. the forums have all but died. trading has come to a hault. mana hacking is running rampant

The mana hackers always ruined the economy since the beggining. You CANT stop them.
Without the official tokens, they were creating tokens with weapons endlessly because of their endless flow of mana.

The official tokens are probably one of the best additions to the game, specially for the legit player.
The hackers will always hack, with them or without them.

Its nothing wrong about tavernkeeper tokens.
The prices are went just ridiculous thanks to the hackers. The item per item trades are here since the beggining, the really valuable items doesnt worth mana, they worth another valuable item.

I find the mana hacking hard to believe. Playing sky city or Crystaline Dimension, I've easily made 30 million mana from purposely not picking anything up on Nightmare modes. A couple maps on Nightmare Hardcore Mixmode is also a easy way to make bank very quickly.

If people have quit simply because they rely on other people to find good gear quickly then I guess they wasted their time and money. Fact is there is not nor will there be some sort of auction house in game unless a modder makes one. But then there is hacked gear and hacked mana... bla bla bla. Not much Trendy can do without violating everyones privacy by implementing anti-cheat/hack algorithims into dungeon defenders. VAC can only do so much before they cross their own privacy agreement.

It's very simple, anyone mana hacking can make unlimited tokens, before this any mana hacker (usually a newbie) would have to have weapons to make tokens which required work getting in itself. Add on to the fact that a 600m token cost 1b+ to actually make it flushed alot of mana out of the economy by itself. Although you still need to dump mana into items when doing survivors (the major contributor to getting mana) the cost is far less because you can dump mana into 200m or less so there's less mana wasted. You can then convert these into the new tokens. Thus adding to inflation. Though if I were to guess about 70% or more of the mana currently in the economy is all from mana hackers buying everything overpriced in shops. I used to kick any mana hackers from shops instantly, but since the new tokens it's hard to tell who's hacking and who isn't so I just stopped bothering. The prices are rising and will continue to rise for the high end items while the low end items will all be 600m at afk shops eventually.

And nothing will change until trendy fixes these cheats or do something serious about it, my guess is the game will just die as it has been for ages now.

if you cant see that players are mana hacking then i must say you should pay a bit more attention. its fairly evident.. when a player with 2 posts makes a post on forums saying i just had a recent influx of mana and im buying 5 cubes at 80b each. they are obviously mana hacking, and the sad fact is i see this happen 4-5 times a week.

also trendy has made the mistake that oh so many gaming companies make. they think that if you just throw mindless updates,patches,and game add ons that it will keep players around or new 1s coming. but the realitiy is that it just drives the dedicated players out

In Diablo 2, the gold was completely useless, except for buying a truckload of potions to farm bosses.

Its always been a item-item trade. I have a very good tower pristine chest that id love to trade for a similar chain one. Should i sell it for mana that ill drain tomorrow upgrading some pet? Or trading it for a similar item that means a upgrade for me?

The choice is very clear.

I personally don't see anything wrong with trading an item for an item. Mana isn't that hard to come by. A few waves of survival will cap you out.

I have a couple of supreme and ultimate weapons that I keep,simply just to trade.

-type R blood-

I don't buy/sell/trade with anyone, I get all my own stuff. I have never had any issues with hackers. I love mana tokens.
2 cents

The economy was already broken. Mana tokens just make it easier for the majority of playerbase to store excess mana which I see as a good thing.

This. All Mana Tokens (actual) did was make it so legit players could store mana easier.

In Diablo 2, the gold was completely useless, except for buying a truckload of potions to farm bosses.

Its always been a item-item trade. I have a very good tower pristine chest that id love to trade for a similar chain one. Should i sell it for mana that ill drain tomorrow upgrading some pet? Or trading it for a similar item that means a upgrade for me?

The choice is very clear.

I was going to add about D2, but I see I was beat to it so I'll just quote instead. :-)

The mana hacking in this game has been and still is everywhere. Its extremely obvius. Just go to the trade forum, and see new accounts bidding bazillions of mana for an item. Also, cleaning an AFK shop with "magical" mana regeneration.

you want to see hackers? Host a PVP on ranked, youll **** bricks.

You wanna know what breaks the economy? The greedy little [REDACTED]s in AFK shops.

This piece of mythical armor with decent stats is worth less than 5 mil in the tavern, not the 500 million you're selling it for. Oh? You found it in Aquanos you say? Big flipping deal, still not worth 500 million mana.

It's a rare sight to find a decent myth for less than 200 mil these days.

You wanna know what breaks the economy? The greedy little [REDACTED]s in AFK shops.

This piece of mythical armor with decent stats is worth less than 5 mil in the tavern, not the 500 million you're selling it for. Oh? You found it in Aquanos you say? Big flipping deal, still not worth 500 million mana.

This just boggles my mind. It is easier to consistently get gear worth 5m or more on Aquanos than it is to repeatedly grind out 500M (or even 200M) mana to buy it.
Too bad I don't run an afk shop I guess.

This just boggles my mind. It is easier to consistently get gear worth 5m or more on Aquanos than it is to repeatedly grind out 500M (or even 200M) mana to buy it.
Too bad I don't run an afk shop I guess.

AFk shops are a waste of time now i would rather pretend that they dont not even exists, we need an AH so we can compete with prices

I find the tokens to be working rather well. Although there is a very clear 1% in this game.

I believe it's just trial an error with the shops. Your right that most are a waste of time but every now and then you will find legit traders with decent stuff. granted they are pricy but I always negotiate. I trade rare/high quality items for rare/high quality items.

Maybe its just me but me and my friends find this pretty fun.

And yes, we do laugh at the people who are trying to sell garbage Mythical for insane amounts of mana

-type R blood-

I agree with this, greedy *******s are a big problem driving the economy up, the other day someone suggested having the tavern keeper commenting with these people, no idea if Trendy read the suggestion and/or took note of it.

I run my shop as a service to the community, and ever like that, every once in a while I see the mana bank skyrocketing to 2bil in a second, there goes another **** who had endless funds and now is looking to rip somebody off......

I believe it's just trial an error with the shops. Your right that most are a waste of time but every now and then you will find legit traders with decent stuff. granted they are pricy but I always negotiate. I trade rare/high quality items for rare/high quality items.

Maybe its just me but me and my friends find this pretty fun.

And yes, we do laugh at the people who are trying to sell garbage Mythical for insane amounts of mana

-type R blood-

Pretty much what I do. Trade/Sell item for item.

The thing to remember about hackers is that they will never go away. They are in every online game that has some kind of economy going on. No matter what Trendy does to get rid of them, the hackers will simply find a workaround to continue doing what they are doing.

Even if there was a method to get rid of every hacker, they would probably come back and abuse bugs in the game to farm as much mana as they want.

The economy has been broken for quite some time. They would have to change it 100% to make any difference.