Sign in to follow this  
Deathdealer1877

Jester Racism

Im noticing a new trend about joining randoms with the Jester on. Almost every time I join a random with him out,they ask me to switch. I ask them why and they have the same answer every time. "I dont want you moving the towers" and I instantly think "Fool! If I wanted to troll your build,I could just sell the tower,did you froget that every hero has that ability?"

It just seems redonkulus to me,what do you guys think?

What an idiot :p I really think for the next 3 weeks jesters will be kicked, was the same with the summoner ;)

What an idiot :p I really think for the next 3 weeks jesters will be kicked, was the same with the summoner ;)

I never played public games, why were summoners being kicked?

EDIT By the by, is it strange that I pictured the Venetian from The Princess Bride (Fezzik?) at your imaginary reply?

i think some hosts were kicking summoners since they didnt want their minions but there own
and since they cant really contribute to being a dps hero only good for being a builder.

you cant really play this game and expect to build something in someone else game. and yeah that pretty stupid people can troll no matter what class idiots lol

The threat is that a Jester can move towers with no notification, unlike selling. They should show a message when a Jester moves a tower.

A Jester is an excellent upgrader. She has high speed, casting, and can warp back to the defenses in a jiffy with a portal gun. She has wheel of fortune for a chance at extra du and can move back sharked defenses. She replaces my adept upgrader. However, if build is complete already, then boost monk is better, and I can certainly understand the fear of trolls moving a completed build.

I barely trust myself with a jester, let alone some random. It's not even just the potential for griefing I'm worried about, the risk v. reward ratio of everything jesters do just prevents me from allowing one anywhere near something with any actual difficulty I want to take at all seriously.

That said, I pretty much only play in private games with myself and a few friends anyways. But yeah, I'd be iffy about one joining a public game I ran. It's not just a terrible class, it's a terrible class that actively makes things worse.

Wierdly enough I haven't been kicked once on my Jester. Granted I haven't exactly done any Nightmare as his gear doesn't exactly make Nightmare do-able that much, but that doesn't mean he isn't useful. Jesters can stun a good number of the enemies on the bored which gives DPS a good chance to do some quick clean up or a moments of breathing room to upgrade/repair. They can also instantly kill a number of enemies, heal players, Buff players although I don't know if that's still bugged or not now with the latest patch, instantly upgrade a tower regardless of it's current rank (except for max) for only 150 mana, etc. There's just one condition -- just don't build. I mean, if your group is doing find and there's just a small bit of DU to spare, ask the party or chance a present infront of the defences. If it's on ogre then no big deal. A Jester should be able to handle that just fine, but getting another harpoon turret or bowling ball turret for a mere 4 DU is definitely benificial.

Not found this myself, but the Extra DU is from the Kings Map Tiles not from Jester wheel? Also, whats the point in presents when specced for DPS, the towers that can spawn are worthless, even with high end hero set, I dont get much more than 1k per tower stat and in NM that would make no difference (and in insane with weps the way they are its also quite pointless)

This is down right ridiculous.....

I only play with my guild usually, and when I don't I make sure I am the host of a pub room.

It would be nice if Trendy had advanced filter settings on a room and the ability to see locked rooms that had restrictions on them, like a certain hero level required.

Jesters should have their own units; PU if you will. That would make a jester builder useful.

That would also help compensate for beastly copters which are now retrofitted for EVERY map and found in abundance.

So many people have false info on the class.

First, the Wheel of Fortuna CAN NOT ADD DU to a map. The only map that can get an extra 10 DU is Kings Game, and it can be done by anyone lucky enough to get it from a special tile. It has nothing to do with the Jester.

As a Jester, you should be looking for the free Upgrade of a Defense (mana token 3 times on the wheel) or killing a % of the enemeis outright. On my Jester I managed to save crumbling defenses from an Ogre with it. (sword sword crystal) They were dead if he didn't die, and he was one of the last target on the map with me on the opposite end. People underestimate Wheel's power if used correctly by someone who knows the good combos.

Now, the Jester has the same HP as a Squire. You can test this yourself easily enough, but a Jester with indentical stats will do more damage and have the same health as a Squire. And equipped with a Melee weapon, they can also block. Since they can carry two weapons, and weapons almost always have better stats than a shield...they are effectively better tanks.

I carry a staff in one slot, an Axe with a 169% block in the other. I can get in front of an Orge and block, he beats on my face while the defenses kill him. I take no damage, except an occasional stray poison ball that might land just behind me.

Add to this that the Jester is the fastest class in the game. I mentioned the Jester being able to tank like a Squire. Well, the Squire is slow. Now consider that the Jester is actually a few points faster than a Countess who has fewer hitpoints.

Also, the Jester's cast speed rivals the Apprentice. I haven't done testing, but it appears it could actually be faster. And we covered that the Jester is faster, yes? So, you can get somewhere on the map fast, quickly upgrade that wounded turret, and survive the onslaught of whatever is there beating on it.

The Jester probably shouldn't be dropping presents on the map. It's a novelty thing. Might be great to get a Bowling Ball Turret for only 4 DU, but you can't guarantee it...and the chance than an Ogre could spawn is always there.

But, if you had a few DU you didn't really need...why not. Just do it far enough away that should an Ogre appear, it won't wreck your defensive line. Oh, and if you do get that BB turret for only 4 DU...that is what Move Turret is for. Sure, you can use it on Sharken pushed defenses...but if you are doing things right that shouldn't happen anyway.

In my review of the Jester, I say treat her like a Barbarian. You know you aren't building anything. But you're better in many ways because you are faster, cast quicker and have more health than everyone but the Squire.

And in my experience, the Jester's DPS is just under a Monk without hero boost. My Monk could deal damage million to the tavern dummy, same gear, stats and weapon my Jester did only 1200 less. And that is considering I didn't equip a second weapon, to keep things equal.

With hero boost, sure, nothing touches the Monk. But that takes mana to run, the monk isn't as fast as the Jester and his cast speed and hit points are lower.

The Jester is my new favorite class. My poor Monk will probably rarely see the field now. Hero boost is a great thing, but typically it's not needed in my game. I rarely use it. But if something big and nasty did come along that needed some extra damage, the wheel of fortuna can do that....or just kill it outright. And being able to equip any weapon, pet or armor in the game means that you can adapt to any situation easily enough.

People need to quit spreading the false info on the Jester. You don't have to like her, or play her...but why hate her? Played correctly, she is an asset to any team.

Jester as a builder is actually fairly nice.

Step 1: Build normal setup sans 4-6 DU for presents

Step 2: Slowly replace all towers/auras across the map freeing up DU

Step 3: Build more towers than what original build could hold to strengthen weak points

Did a setup last night than net me 3 extra harpoons and 2 deadly strikers at 4 DU.

More benefit to Jester builders...

- ALL your towers (sans minions/buff beams/ex walls) will get the 30% active builder bonus.

- You'll be faster and have more health than any of your other active builders.

- With all towers getting the 30% buff, you wont have to feel bad sacrificing tower stats to give your active builder some resists.

All the nonsense about only getting ogres (1mil hp on NM, not exactly game breaking) or getting nothing is nonsense. If anything I got more bowling ball turrets than anything else. Random is random though. I agree its not a class you can lolbuttonmash your way to victory, but its very powerful if used appropriately.

There is also a bug where you can use another character's stats for the towers released. For example. Summon a present with a dps jester, switch to your best builder. Let the wave start and hope you get a good tower. Look at said tower and notice that the tower will indicate that the tower was built by your best builder as opposed to the aforementioned dps jester.

On another note, I skimmed through this thread and read the wheel of fortune can add du. What? Is this True? What's the combination?

The Jester can't add DU, thats a function of The King's Game and is specific to that map only.

There is also a bug where you can use another character's stats for the towers released. For example. Summon a present with a dps jester, switch to your best builder. Let the wave start and hope you get a good tower. Look at said tower and notice that the tower will indicate that the tower was built by your best builder as opposed to the aforementioned dps jester.

If your jester is your best builder though, there is no need to exploit said bug. Its pretty easy to go through 50 or so presents a wave to get the towers you want. Just build them in the lane so they get attacked and open mid wave. If a tower pops that you want to keep, upgrade it quickly and move it out of the way. If its not something you want, sell and repeat. (Unless its an aura and it hits the buff beams, but i try to get far enough out that it wont)

Paranoia will most likely die down with time. People must realize yes, a Jester can easily move defenses quickly. However, if people wanted to 'troll', they could easily join as any other class and start selling everything. I'd wager that the average person can sell 3+ towers easily before the host manages to kick, which is more than enough to cause a wipe.

Personally, Jester (Fool rather in my case) is my new favorite class. I plan on keeping him as my main more than likely.

I guess the main reason to kick a jester would be that it's so easy to play him badly. You can screw up the wheel of fortuna, you can move towers, maybe they insist on using presents with their crappy tower stats. Maybe it's because having a jester in your game makes every kind of weapon drop, decreasing the amount of armors.

None of these is a good reason, unless you're trying to tackle something you'd have trouble with either way, or if you're farming armors, or one specific weapon type. Mostly, people probably just notice the potential to fail is higher.

Anyone who is a classist is obviously too dumb to know people can screw up their defenses without moving towers...

I have yet to get kicked from a random game on my Jester, even with it being named 'A Sharken'. I've also never been asked to change to another class. Maybe I'm just lucky?

I have yet to get kicked from a random game on my Jester, even with it being named 'A Sharken'. I've also never been asked to change to another class. Maybe I'm just lucky?

I've been asked to change my character twice. My response = selling their main defenses in my new class.

I've been asked to change my character twice. My response = selling their main defenses in my new class.

My name is Waffletime and I approve this message.

I have nothing against Jesters so far, I can see the potential for a very nice dps class and moving defenses isn't the only way someone can screw up your build.

Just when I cant build this harpoon tower because you decided to put down 5 presents with horrible stats, that's another thing...

I created a Jester, did the first mission on Medium. Go into multiplayer, join a server, got kicked from it not even five seconds later, I'm afraid this trend is insanely huge.

And yet, I like this class! Does everyone hate it, because Ogres will occasionally come out of the present boxes?

I never played public games, why were summoners being kicked?

They could block players very easily, and were generally annoying to try and navigate around them. Then trendy let you ride them, and all was right since you can get a piggyback ride from Ogres.