Sign in to follow this  
mcneleon

I've heard some rumors...

I have heard on quite a few threads is that the Jester is the last DLC and now things are moving forward for a Dungeon Defenders sequel. Is this true? Or are the trolls getting to me?

Thanks

Those are the rumors, but there is no evidence to support that.

But honestly, at this point, the game is so screwed up that starting fresh with maybe a character carry-over might be the best thing to do. This game is put together with so little regard to balance and consistency that it's not really easy or pleasant to play past certain NM maps.

But honestly, at this point, the game is so screwed up that starting fresh with maybe a character carry-over might be the best thing to do. This game is put together with so little regard to balance and consistency that it's not really easy or pleasant to play past certain NM maps.

I'd say fixing DungeonDefenders should be their top priority.

At this point my friends an I who play the game have reached the general consensus based on the Rumor that we probably wouldn't touch a second game outside of a steam sale. Dungeon Defenders as it stands now is just too schizophrenic to have faith in a sequel. Balance that out and they might just be able to turn a steam sale hold out into a day one purchase.

I'd say fixing DungeonDefenders should be their top priority.

At this point my friends an I who play the game have reached the general consensus based on the Rumor that we probably wouldn't touch a second game outside of a steam sale. Dungeon Defenders as it stands now is just too schizophrenic to have faith in a sequel. Balance that out and they might just be able to turn a steam sale hold out into a day one purchase.

new dlcs have always been more of a priority than fixing this game why would profit take a back seat now?

I have heard on quite a few threads is that the Jester is the last DLC and now things are moving forward for a Dungeon Defenders sequel. Is this true? Or are the trolls getting to me?

Thanks

At this point, the most they have said is that after the Jester DLC, a lot of the team would be moving onto something else. They have also stated that they will continue to support Dungeon Defenders. What sort of support that means is sort of up for debate at this time. Hopefully we'll know more soon.

Its a rumor. And to be honest, based on the complete wall there is in the progression in Nightmare difficulty, I'm not sure I would buy a sequel to Dungeon Defenders.

Until Trendy learns to balance Nightmare mode properly and fixes the horrible progression curve that plagues the people that have lower-end myths, I think I'll steer clear of DD2.

I find this game to be well ballanced

This might come off as a bit crass or arrogant but here's the thing about balance. Balance is not about what the player feels is balanced, but what the game developers feel is balanced. There is a particular style they have to stick to throughout the production of a game. Trendy makes fixes to adjust some of the odd ended bugs and things they might have missed during testing phases, but they typically don't contradict their former game play decisions. There might be a few things here and there that are outside the usual decisions they've made, but those aside they've stuck to their guns.

You also can't expect absolute perfection when a new class is released. Takes a good month of community feed back to find a good niche to get a characters stats and abilities leveled out, most of the time if not longer.

I used to play WoW a lot a few years ago. That games PVP system (back then, no idea how bad it is now) was miles away from something I felt was balanced. Balance is not what is always fair nor is it something that always makes sense. But this "balanace" trend in games lately is really something that I find to be really irritating. But you have to look at it this way Balance at a Developers end and balance at a Players end. It really is hard to meet both of those in the middle somewhere without getting too unrealistic.

Now hold on one daggone minute here!!!
How can they POSSIBLY move on to a sequel when Dungeon Defenders is still in Beta?

For almost a year now, anytime anyone complains about anything in NM, the knee jerk (and plain old jerk) response has been, "NM is in beta". I tried to educate the masses on what the term 'beta' means, but it seems to have been redefined in the last couple of years to mean, well, pretty much nothing at all. If the 'beta' period is over, it's time to release the game to the general public. Also, I would like a job referral as a beta tester.
:p

Ok, semantics aside... if they got a new big investment, hired new people. Said this was the last planned dlc, then yea, they pretty much have to move on to new projects. This game is obviously done or nearly so. It's time for them to move on. I will be eargerly waiting to see what they do next.
Just don't go screwing with the word "beta" again guys! that was just plain silly.

Well they did kind of drop a HUGE hint in the new secret room. Arcade game thing with "Afterlife" plastered all over it. Their unannounced secret project. One of the old news posts said it was a completely different art style from Dungeon Defenders. Don't know about game-play but my guess is its probably about zombies.. with that fancy cryptic title and everything.

[QUOTE]Their unannounced secret project. One of the old news posts said it was a completely different art style from Dungeon Defenders[/QUOTE]

Hopefully still large enough art work for us old bllind guys to play.