Sign in to follow this  
Finalefireworker

So how does one get transcendent armor that's not horrible?

I hit 78 on my Apprentice a while ago - now level 80 without ever explicitly grinding for xp - and am still using Mythical armor. Since I hit 74 buying armor from player shops has been absolutely necessary, because in order to GET Mythical you NEED Mythical. Although it takes some time, it's not hard to find somebody selling Mythical with 150+ stats and 100+ upgrades. This is certainly enough to be effective in Nightmare and beyond.

But getting Transcendent is a whole different story. When I hit 78 I thought I was ready to really start taking on the heavy stuff (Namely Survival Shards Maps). That armor was supposed to make all the difference. But there is NO Transcendent armor to be bought. When there is, its bought out in a matter of minutes or is terrible.

So where do you get it? How did YOU get it? How does somebody get their first set of Transcendent? And not just "meh" Transcendent. Most of my Mythical is equal or better to a lot of the Transcendent I do see kicking around. I don't want to spend 600m on a piece of armor that's barely better than what I have.

Is there a map you can farm for it? I frequently grind Armory with a friend to get mana on NMHCMM and very rarely is the Mythical we drop worth picking up. I know it's a mid-campaign map, but if it's that hard to get good Mythical I can't imagine how hard it can be to get Transcendent!

Edit: Somewhat related question. Why is it better to put your points into Tower Health instead of Attack Rate? I would think hitting hard and fast with medium health would be more effective than hard and slow with high health. I've always had power and rate be my priority for my tower characters, but everybody else on the planet seems to do Health and Power. I must be doing something wrong.

I have to get that far first (which shouldn't be too hard), but once I hit 20 what wave should I start on? I ALWAYS start on Wave 1 for my Survival maps because I'm under the impression the lighter waves are essential for completing a sturdy build. The couple of times I started on a higher wave, which was on Insane when I was still Godly, I got crushed.

But that might have just been inexperience.

I still haven't gotten a full set of Trans gear, but you can mix Mythical and Trans armors together. Each piece gets their own bonus. Personally, I got mine from Mistymire/Aquanos, though you'd probably want to get yours from Throne Room. Alternatively, Hall of Court. I've found some Trans there on NMHCMM.

I ALWAYS start on Wave 1 for my Survival maps because I'm under the impression the lighter waves are essential for completing a sturdy build. The couple of times I started on a higher wave, which was on Insane when I was still Godly, I got crushed.

But that might have just been inexperience.

There's a sweet spot for most builds: early enough that non-upgraded stuff will survive a wave or so, but late enough that you get enough starting mana to make a complete-enough build.

The King's game might still be the best place to farm trans gear. I myself just slowly started replacing myths with trans or supremes whenever I found good ones. It's hard to find gear with exactly the right stats, and on items that don't drop too much (such as trans gear) it will take time to find anything worthwhile. Even if you do find a good trans, there's a big chance your myths will end up being better. A lot of my heroes still have at least a few pieces of mythical items.

I myself sell all the trans gear I don't use. 10-30m for absolutely terrible weapons. 50-100m for bad to decent armor and about 100-150m for good trans armors. They do sell quite fast, but the real problem here is the way afk shops are set up. I have no idea how good or bad my prices are. I imagine the same goes up for a lot of people, leading to a huge spread in prices.

I wouldn't recommend going for castle armory. Like I said, the king's game was great. Loot didn't get worse, though the difficulty may have become. They'll balance it some more next patch though. In the meantime, maybe try out mistymire? It's quite a small map, base-size wise. It's also the original "oh this map is short on survival, this rocks!" map.

Different heroes use different tower stats. Apparantly, the summoner doesn't get much out of attack rate past ~500. Squires and apprentices do. If your main hero is also your tower builder (it shouldn't be), tower health is a very important stat to have, with all the ranged and burst damage flying around (mages and kobolds, really).

I think I'll just make a note here:

Transcendent+ armour is completely unnecessary for 99.9% of this game. Sky City W~20+, talay survival, palantir survival, and crystalline dimension being probably the only things you need extreme stats for.
Myth armour + good pet and wep can, and will, take you past 2k. One of my builders has a balanced 3k with 3 pieces of myth armour.

On topic

Throne room survival with active summoner seems to be the place to go to get gear at the moment. Experiment with the starting wave, b/c it completely depends on your current state (W13 is probably as high as you want to go for now, until you get really good pets)

I find that most of my trans is about equal to high mythical, with one exception- trans tends to have a very very high max level (200+), whereas most of my mythical are anywhere from 90-200ish.

When upgrading, trans has a higher cap than mythical, so in the long run, my trans give ~100 more stats (of course, for a 3 billion upgrading fee)

I think I'll just make a note here:

Transcendent+ armour is completely unnecessary for 99.9% of this game. Sky City W~20+, talay survival, palantir survival, and crystalline dimension being probably the only things you need extreme stats for.
Myth armour + good pet and wep can, and will, take you past 2k. One of my builders has a balanced 3k with 3 pieces of myth armour.

On topic

Throne room survival with active summoner seems to be the place to go to get gear at the moment. Experiment with the starting wave, b/c it completely depends on your current state (W13 is probably as high as you want to go for now, until you get really good pets)

Upon reading this thread, I went and ran Throne Room NMHCMM, finished all the waves, and didn't see a single Trans. item. Not even the pets, which were both GARBAGE.

This is why people are pissed with Trendy right now. A whole NMHCMM run for nothing. 3 hours of gameplay accomplishing NOTHING.

1. Farm reward drops (from DLC bosses)
2. Trade your supreme or ultimate rewards for supreme or ultimate armor.

It what I have been doing and so far I have more of my toons in mythic and supreme. I have a few with ultimate and only 2 with 1 piece of trans

It's just a hassle and takes time but I find it easier than farming for supreme and ultimate gear

-type R blood-

it just luck with rng
i got few trans from misty not all were great some were useful to me. i skipped morrago and farmed off aquanos which helped me get some more trans still no luck with supreme though. then i randomly went to morrago and you can find good trans from there to

but most of the time the trans armor i find are not even good

i think i got only got 3 heroes that carries all tran armor and caps 559 on damage my other heros are maybe only 1 or 2 tran armor with rest being high end myth armor.

and that with 1100 hour playtime takes so long to get good pieces to pop up with stupid rng
im not sure what my exact playtime would be without the time i left the game running for afk shop purposes to make mana

Even CiiC gives Myth rewards on HARD, so i dont see all this "having to use player shops" - are you doing all the newer challenges/maps on hard/insane? Boss Rush is simple on insane- with a good wep (just host lots of ppl will join) and that can give trans+ rewards too.

As for Tower HP, if your dps towers are getting whacked on by mobs, then your build is wrong, only things that desperatly need HP are Traps/Auras/Walls, not saying have no THp, but if you upgrade gear correctly (taking only gear with all 4 tower stats) you will have managable build for active repairs.

Aquanos is the easiest place to get trans stuff. Up to wave 20 you're likely to get 1-2 trans items as loot, and maybe 1-2 per wave after 20. With a decent build it can be rock solid (up to the limitations of your stats) but with decent myth gear anyone can reach 20.

Even CiiC gives Myth rewards on HARD, so i dont see all this "having to use player shops" - are you doing all the newer challenges/maps on hard/insane? Boss Rush is simple on insane- with a good wep (just host lots of ppl will join) and that can give trans+ rewards too.

As for Tower HP, if your dps towers are getting whacked on by mobs, then your build is wrong, only things that desperatly need HP are Traps/Auras/Walls, not saying have no THp, but if you upgrade gear correctly (taking only gear with all 4 tower stats) you will have managable build for active repairs.

Trap HP shouldn't be such a high priority unless you are in love with proxies. I got tired of endless repairs even when the builder had like 3000 THP (and proxies have a bad tendency to steal repair autofocus from other towers which might be in a more dire need). So now I only use gas traps and infernos, which are stupidly HP-efficient and just as effective, if not more, when in Strength Drain.

As for auras, well, HP is merely a matter of how much you will need to spam repair. And even then it will make a difference mainly for strength drain auras, as others don't go down quite that fast either. I find the range to be the most important stat for auras as it will allow you to cover a larger area with only one set of auras, freeing up the DU for other towers.

And I agree 100% with what you said about Boss Rush rewards. I have received many trans upgrades to my armor from doing Boss Rush INHC and even an Ultimate pet capable of very respectable DPS that has made dealing with ogres MUCH easier for me. Doing City in the Cliffs Insane Hardcore survival for the exp has yielded nothing short of Mythical Djinnlets for me and even one Transcendent. Even after the patch, King's Game Insane might be a good place to try as well - considering the loot modifiers on that map, I wouldn't be surprised to see trans+ rewards from Insane or even lower. Also, the Companion Cube that you receive for completing all challenges on NMHC (Wizardry, Chicken and Moving Core are the tough ones), and that many people are all too quick to get rid of, qualifies as Transcendent, deals good damage (in NM, it will deal 2.5x of what you see in tavern due to the melee pet modifiers) and aids building greatly by providing you with additional mana (gives 80 mana per hit).

I suspect too that many people who have difficulty gearing up are mentally stuck struggling with NMHC survival or bosses and don't explore all of the other options available. I use survival only for mana, pets and the RARE trans drop that I can sell for extra mana, and in three of my main armor sets, 3 out of 4 pieces I have looted myself. Trans drops in survival are so rare and take so long to even start appearing that I personally consider Survival in its current state broken as a way to progress with your gear. I do it mainly for the challenge, exp and mana.

I powerleveled my barbarian­čŹ×, and at 74 he instantly got 2.8 damage. That's just with myths, so you don't really need trans. Just HQ myths.