Sign in to follow this  
commandandco

[PS3]System Crash - SOLUTIONS

Hey guys n gals,

Seen many of posts stating PS3 crashes and unable to boot up proper, this should help! its lengthey but beneficial!

Ok first off you need to start up in safe mode, ONLY DO THIS IF:

When the PS3 system is started up, the XMB menu is not displayed (only the wave screen background appears)When the PS3 system is started up, nothing appears on the screen (black screen)

When the PS3 system is started up, a message stating [The hard disk's file system is corrupted and will be restored.] is displayed > [OK] > Restore operation > Restart
Original message is displayed again or the system stops during restoration.

When the PS3 system is started up, a message stating [The hard disk's database will be rebuilt.] is displayed > [OK] > Rebuild > Failure > System stops while formatting hard disk drive.

The system stops while restarting after a PS3 system update or while updating or rebuilding the database. The situation does not improve even when the system is restarted.

IF YOUR ENCOUNTERING THE ABOVE PROBLEMS SAFE MODE!

Heres how!

Step 1: Turn off the PlayStation 3 by holding the Power button on the front of the unit till the Power light is red.

Step 2:Touch and hold the Power button (do not remove your finger from the button). You will hear the first beep, meaning the PlayStation 3 is powering on. Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset. Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (Power light is red).

Step 3: Touch and hold the Power button (again, do not remove your finger from the button). As in Step 2, you will hear the first beep, again for the PlayStation 3 to power on. Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset. Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At that point release the Power button. If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button."

Ok your now in safe mode...

you will see this

Now ,
Restart System - Ends safe mode and restarts the PlayStation 3 normally.

Restore Default Settings - Performs the same operations as [Restore Default Settings] on the XMB, and also deletes PlayStationNetwork account information from the system.

Restore File System - Attempts to repair all areas on the hard disk drive where files can be saved. Corrupted data may be erased if it cannot be recovered.

Rebuild Database - Deletes messages, playlists, changes made on [Information] screens, trimming information for pictures in [Photo], video thumbnails, video playback history and video resume information.
This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.

Restore PS3 System - IMPORTANT: All data and settings will be lost by performing this step.
This will reformat the hard drive on the PlayStation 3, deleting all data and restoring it to as if it just came out of the box. This is the same as [Restore PS3 system] on the XMB.

System Update - Updates the PS3 system software. This can only be done with an update file already saved on external storage media, such as a USB drive.

You need to progress through the options until one of them fixes the issues start at 1 which is a restart... then work down the list of course you want to avoid a whole rebuild as you will lose EVERYTHING. but hopefully just option 1 will fix :)

HOPE IT HELPS!

Corrupted

So I've been going through many forums and now I've hit my peak. It's been a month since I've played my PS3 and the last time I played it, it said the file system was corrupted and it would restore itself. And so that's what I pressed. I let it go for about 2 hours, and about 10 seconds in, it got stuck at 12%. 2 hours later, 18%. I closed it :l Now I've gone through safe mode and everything, restoring file system overnight, but it was still stuck at "preparing, please wait..." and froze, as well as rebuild the database. And when I try the 5th option to restore the PS3 system(wit's end), it shows it's restoring default settings, and then it becomes a blank screen. Oh wait! Now it shows the system software can't run correctly...Connect storage media containing update data of version 4.21+... Well this is new. So I must reinstall the system software...

Okay sorry but this is a huge chunk and I'm new at this and worried. I only bought this 320 GB a year ago and didn't play it a lot and was hoping for Black Ops 2 on this!! Reply quickly!!

Hi htet60,

It takes a long long time for the file system to reformat... if it was on 18% after 2 hours thats fine... its a very long process and it could be taken extra long as that certain area of the drive could have been corrupted...

IF you encounter huge problems with reformatting you may wish to contact sony direct as its an issue with your ps3 rather than the game :)

I am trying to format my ps3 hdd and install system software using USB drive.

I am trying to format my ps3 hdd and install system software using USB drive. Its taking me to a screen with message preparing to update..do not turn off the system. After preperation has completed the system will restart automatically. And the percentage started and it came up to 99% and now its stuck there. I have been waiting for 45 mins and its still processing. Is it normal.

My file system got corrupted and i searched the web and found that formatting the hdd and reinstalling the system software will help. I hve downloaded the update system software version 3.31 and put it in my usb as given in the instruction trying to install the softwares. Then i formatted the system in safe mode. Then i'm trying to install the system software using USB and got stuck in this screen.

How long does it normally take to update the system sofware. If this dosen't work please advise what can be done.

I am trying to format my ps3 hdd and install system software using USB drive. Its taking me to a screen with message preparing to update..do not turn off the system. After preperation has completed the system will restart automatically. And the percentage started and it came up to 99% and now its stuck there. I have been waiting for 45 mins and its still processing. Is it normal.

My file system got corrupted and i searched the web and found that formatting the hdd and reinstalling the system software will help. I hve downloaded the update system software version 3.31 and put it in my usb as given in the instruction trying to install the softwares. Then i formatted the system in safe mode. Then i'm trying to install the system software using USB and got stuck in this screen.

How long does it normally take to update the system sofware. If this dosen't work please advise what can be done.

Whilst experienced in this side ive never known it freeze for so long at 99%... i think this is something you would maybe have to take up with sony.

Maybe a quick visit to their tech help forums should help as it seems like an issue with the console

Windows is very wast are there are so much of tool available in windows in all that I recently installed quick book in my device and its showing some issues which i cannot understand i tried solving it by own but not able to actually while transaction it is showing some issues and showing some error message then i contact this website quickbooks technical support they helped me to solve the issues related to Quickbook.