Crystalline Dimension

I searched the forum and couldn't find a thread to answer a few questions so i'll ask them myself. Everytime I go to activate the portal to the Crystalline Dimension the group I have in tavern get booted and are not in when I load the game, and when I go the setup hud I don't see it to select to start it what am I doing wrong?

Also, I've tried a few times to see how myself and a PUG will do and we never make it past the first level. Currently the character I'm trying with is a 76 tower build apprentice 400 700 500 400. Is this too low? I assume it is since I last only through the 2nd wave, so with that being said, what can you recommend I set my goal to stay alive long enough to complete it, b/c of course I really want the new skin.

EDIT: I'm not trying to solo it obviously.

Everyone in your group most likely is required to have all 4 shards DLC's (same requirement as to host it).

CD is also the most difficult level out, so if you only want the skins, do it non-HC on the easiest difficulty they get rewarded on.

not to insult, but yeah man, youre going to need much higher stats if you plan on doing it on hard or higher difficulty. someone actually made a pretty good guide for the setup and what you need to do to make the later maps not so bad as far as initial build goes, but you will definitely need a full array of builders with at least 1000 in your tower stats. it is a difficult map.

it cannot be stressed enough the importance of having multiple builders. at the very least, in the current state of the game you should have a tower monk, tower ev, and a tower huntress. it is never a bad idea to have a summoner, and its really a matter of preference at this point whether you use an apprentice or a squire.

what i would suggest for you to make things easier, level up a monk, and get it geared up in some godly or mythical gear if you can. work on farming some gear for your characters in endless spires (its still a great starting level), and then get a huntress leveled and geared. if you can get the EV and summoner, do the same for them. and go ahead and grab the jester cause she's free.

itll take some time, but if you are serious into the game, it is indescribably worth it. doing the endless spires farming will easily get your characters into the 800ish range in stats, which will open you up to a lot more content.

If you're just interested in the skins, play on easy. It's a little boring for the first few waves but the fact that you can almost DPS the whole thing makes it a much quicker process. I actually just beat it with another guy yesterday and we used two Squires w/ stats in the 800 range and then switched to dps for the combat, everything was a breeze except the glitchy boss