Sign in to follow this  
shinfujiwara

Rollback prevention?

Is there some key factors for losing progress on this game? It happened here for the second time in a few days and I lost several hours of grinding again. When I contacted them the first time, they never even tried to explain to me why this happens or how to prevent this from happening.

I have heard it has to do with the "offline" feature of Steam. The one that lets you not be visible for anyone for a while to not be bothered. I do make use of this once in a while. Maybe I'm soloing or maybe tired, I don't know. Can anyone else confirm being affected by this?

I just know it happens when you loose connection to trendynet (aka steam). Happened to me once, got rolled back 2 days and lost alot of stuff but i kept on going... Lost connection other times but didn't get rolledback (phew).

I just know it happens when you loose connection to trendynet (aka steam). Happened to me once, got rolled back 2 days and lost alot of stuff but i kept on going... Lost connection other times but didn't get rolledback (phew).

First time it crashed here and apparently it lost all the progress since the game was originally launched several hours before. This time it was similar but nothing bad happened to the game. I just normally closed it by pressing the exit button on the main screen and when I came back, some minutes after that, it had rolled back to when I had launched it before. Again, hours of progress lost. What am I supposed to do? Close the game after 5 minutes all the time and check if I lost something? Crazy... :/

But I'm pretty sure I was on that offline mode I mentioned and I had done that last weak when it first happened. So I thought it could be related since I've heard other people talking about it. Nothing official, I suppose? I ask them and they don't reply. :/

One of my worst was when I finally beat Magus Survival on Nightmare, logged off and turned my computer off for class. Class was cancelled, so I got back on, BAM! last three days rolled back. I was gone for 15 minutes, tops. Then there was the time I completed a survival, maxing out my Mana after staring at roughly 30 mil, immediately went to a shop after getting everything in order in my Tavern, and was back down to 30 mil again. I got rolled back during a flipping LOADING SCREEN.

I've gotten rolled back so many times and gotten no help beyond "We have no record of you achieving [blank], but we could give you some Mana instead" that I back up everything to Open after every session.

Never lost connection, so from what I can see, it's totally flipping random.

One of my worst was when I finally beat Magus Survival on Nightmare, logged off and turned my computer off for class. Class was cancelled, so I got back on, BAM! last three days rolled back. I was gone for 15 minutes, tops. Then there was the time I completed a survival, maxing out my Mana after staring at roughly 30 mil, immediately went to a shop after getting everything in order in my Tavern, and was back down to 30 mil again. I got rolled back during a flipping LOADING SCREEN.

I've gotten rolled back so many times and gotten no help beyond "We have no record of you achieving [blank], but we could give you some Mana instead" that I back up everything to Open after every session.

Never lost connection, so from what I can see, it's totally flipping random.

You have never set it on offline while inside the game?

You have never set it on offline while inside the game?

Not even once, only time I ever have set my Steam to be offline was when I first started playing Orcs Must Die! 2. These events took place long before then.

Maybe it has to do with the quality of your line or routes then? Mine, to Steam, is pretty bad. I'm in Brazil using Steam's Brazilian server but that is actually on the USA (-_-). Both my bandwidth and my latency are pretty bad as a consequence. Maybe if I close the game too quickly or it crashes, it has no time to sync? What I can't understand is, this is the first game I've ever seen this happening in my life. Have being playing online games such as MMOs for almost 10 years now.

I'm on ADSL2 16/1mbit.

I'm in europe and i've rollback nearly everyday.... Sometime i've been rollback even if i stood ig during 30 min and dc after, even if i upgraded weapong in my own game ... dunno what to do and it's quite boring, it's the 7th time i get rollbacked .... and always when i played since a long time and on big maps (so i loose ulti/trans stuff, mana and lvl ...)