Sign in to follow this  
garrison

upcoming patch: fixed enemy difficulty scaling on king's

Yes, the map is currently to easy as stated in a topic in general forums(with apology!). It would be great to know about how much difficulty difference we are talking though.

Yes, the map is currently to easy as stated in a topic in general forums(with apology!). It would be great to know about how much difficulty difference we are talking though.

Tsuda said the mobs will have similar strength to Sky City.

Tsuda said the mobs will have similar strength to Sky City.

Another words unless we have very high stats forget it.
Damn end game players,spoils all the fun for us adv players.

Another words unless we have very high stats forget it.
Damn end game players,spoils all the fun for us adv players.

Cheers to this friend, kings game was the first time I've had real, quality fun playing DD in a looong time :-\ and now they're taking it away from us

You ask, I deliver :

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?74704-The-King-s-Game-and-its-state-of-balance.&p=604778&viewfull=1[[1628,hashtags]]

Oh, in the first post he said the increase wouldn't make the map another unsurmountable wall for new players:

The King's Game is meant to be difficult, but not as difficult as the previous maps. Fundamentally, the map is easier even structurally. The rewards are intended to be quite good, but not a joke (no pun intended) to get. We want players who have had trouble clearing some of the previous maps (especially the shards maps) a chance to get that extra push in gear to put them over the hill.

In the coming patch we will be increasing the enemy difficulty of the map, but for those having trouble on Nightmare as is, this should not be another brick wall. The quality of the rewards, although good as is, are being very slightly increased as a response to this mistake.

Again, I apologize for a botched map difficulty, enjoy the rewards while they are easier to get.

If you have any questions, feel free to leave them below and I will answer if possible.

Please keep this thread civil. :summoner:

So, which one is it?? I'm sorry to say this but it's really poor judgement from Trendy to cave in to the greed of just a handful of broken ego players. It's doesn't affect me in the tiniest bit, but it's always sad to see this kind of behavior, which is kinda a mixture of greed and lust, from people, specially over a video game.

He based his statement on the fact that the difficulty of the mobs on sky city is less then the ones on aquanos. So based on his statistical stats sky city should be easier then aquanos.

We all know that sky city is not easier nor do I believe that with the addition of 60 mill ogres to the king map (or heck even 40 mill ones) this game won't just be another wall.

The mobs are gonna be slightly weaker than Sky City, and should overall be much easier to deal with than Sky City due to the layout of the map (no air lifts, just simple paths).

He based his statement on the fact that the difficulty of the mobs on sky city is less then the ones on aquanos. So based on his statistical stats sky city should be easier then aquanos.

We all know that sky city is not easier nor do I believe that with the addition of 60 mill ogres to the king map (or heck even 40 mill ones) this game won't just be another wall.

You're forgetting how Sky City and King's Game are laid out. Sky City is cluttered, mobs have quick paths to crystals, and they can float around on air pads. Mobs just walk around in King's Game (And flyers, of course), and you have the bonus tiles around to help. I doubt it'll be as difficult as Sky City, but it'll most certainly become tougher.

I'm not happy with the change, I'm currently level 89, tower stats of 1350, 1800, 800, 900 and I get demolished on wave 1 nightmare.

No idea how bad the upgrade is but it can not be good!

My biggest problem on this map is those reject copters.

Just like with the Djinn a Height reduction has them hovering off of the top of the screen throwing constant cheap shots with there missiles!

Now I'm already getting pounded by high in the sky cheap shots! So what am I going to get from the BS only at higher
power levels?!

Those cheap creeps wreck that map as is hitting Over,Under, Around and yes Through reflects!!!!!

At the old difficulty level I had enough power to get through NM HC not breeze not AFK but get through!

Choppers shoot from high in the sky off the screen and if you do manage to pop them and they drop the Ogres the jumbo bozos more often than not lose zero health NOT 70%!!!

We NEED more DU if we are expected to deal with more powerful choppers and there insanely over powered atomic cargo!!!!

I'm not happy with the change, I'm currently level 89, tower stats of 1350, 1800, 800, 900 and I get demolished on wave 1 nightmare.
This is the last DLC were getting for a while from what I understand so it should require end-game gear on nm. If high end players have no further way to progress in this game,it will become dull. I for one am happy with this change,a map that has such good loot should not be so easily farmed.

This is the last DLC were getting for a while from what I understand so it should require end-game gear on nm. If high end players have no further way to progress in this game,it will become dull. I for one am happy with this change,a map that has such good loot should not be so easily farmed.

There is plenty of high end content. CD on insane anyone? Whats missing are maps that mid level folks can do that drops good stuff. This map seems to have hit the sweet spot. Good gear, but not so good the overflow bug ruins most of it, and hard, but not so hard that it's impossible with a lot of work and effort. I'll have to try the new difficulty, but as it was, a 15 second lapse in concentration over a 3 hour run could end the game.

I saw CD as the gift to the super geared up folks. This I though was a gift to the rest, and newer players.

There is plenty of high end content. CD on insane anyone? Whats missing are maps that mid level folks can do that drops good stuff. This map seems to have hit the sweet spot. Good gear, but not so good the overflow bug ruins most of it, and hard, but not so hard that it's impossible with a lot of work and effort. I'll have to try the new difficulty, but as it was, a 15 second lapse in concentration over a 3 hour run could end the game.

I saw CD as the gift to the super geared up folks. This I though was a gift to the rest, and newer players.

How cute! Someone who still thinks Trendy likes/cares about new-adv players :3 . I KNEW they would patch this map so I haven't closed my game yet. Gonna enjoy this map while I still can.

Cheers to this friend, kings game was the first time I've had real, quality fun playing DD in a looong time :-\ and now they're taking it away from us

New update has now it's taken the fun away.
ffs this game was meant to be fun.

Roll on gw 2 i'm gone.
gg trendy lost another player and buyer.

New update has now it's taken the fun away.
ffs this game was meant to be fun.

Roll on gw 2 i'm gone.
gg trendy lost another player and buyer.

Same here, I put in my 300 hours, and now that I see that I can't progress anymore without 1000+ hours, I'm not willing to waste that much time on one game.

So much for my goal of getting every achievement.

I totally agree, I for one can play it just casually and up until now had a really hard time finding a map that provided good exp for leveling.
The new map was a blessing, I spent more hours playing it then all the shard ones combined, it was a breath of fresh air, a good map (with less then N+1 crystals) that was nice to level with a small twist on it.
Now, with the patch, soloing it is virtually impossible for me, i don't have any high end heroes or gear.

Yeah, it is the last DLC. So what reason do the end game people have for farming other than getting better gear that they don't even need just for the sake of having better stats? (oh wait, I forgot... their e-peens get flaccid when other players have as good of stats as they do) This would have let the players that hit the wall acquire the gear to finish all the content on nightmare, which in my mind is a lot more useful than another endgame only map.

A lot of people are talking about 'breaking into NM' and 'hitting a brick wall'. Please explain this to me - I've used aquanos and mistymire to turn my characters from top myth gear to top trans gear (over several runs). I didn't need a mega-easy map like the KG was, so why do you? I don't believe there is a 'brick wall' of any sort, just that the game gets tougher as you get higher up (like any sport). As the last DLC this should be about the hardest map in the game, surely?

However, after the new patch, the map is slightly too hard so the -15% will help a lot. It is currently a huge amount harder than any of the shards maps, and nearly as hard as karathiki.