Sign in to follow this  
Garzhod

[Request] The King's Game NMHC

Hey everyone, I have recently gotten the PC version of Dungeon Defenders after playing the mobile version for so long. Although my post count is low, I am relatively active in reading and browsing the forums In the three weeks since I got the game, I have made:

Apprentice: (Tower Stats) 861/1375/684/331

Squire: (Tower Stats) 383/836/388/254

Monk: (Tower Stats) 588/1052/127/976

I have never been able to get past the first OR second wave in any NM campaign. However, I am hearing that the new map, The King's Game, is perfect to breaking into nightmare to get the gear you need. I have attempted this map several times, with failure each time due to desummoning of defenses AND the ogre smashing through.

I am requesting a build for me, and for possibly others with my stats. Optimally I would love to use 1-2 classes, as I struggle with time limits on campaigns.

UPDATE: I am on wave 11/14 using only my apprentice. Problem I am finding is that there is so little time to set up defenses, and my walls fold under ogres/sharkens/goblin copters.

Swap tower gear on your App and Squire. The way the lines of mobs come in lend to an all harpoon build with reflect walls and buff beams. My only suggestion.

Thanks so much. Although I finally made my own build using my squire, that works fairly well. I can get to wave 16 at least (Steam Disconnect AGAIN) on NMHC with a friend helping.

However enemy difficulty is being patched, so I will probably be stuck playing glitter insane for the billionth time to acquire 10m mana a run :(

Thanks so much. Although I finally made my own build using my squire, that works fairly well. I can get to wave 16 at least (Steam Disconnect AGAIN) on NMHC with a friend helping.

However enemy difficulty is being patched, so I will probably be stuck playing glitter insane for the billionth time to acquire 10m mana a run :(

So long as you can get decent auras, harpoons and buff beams, Servant's Quarters is one of the easiest survivals to grind for experience and Mana (My girlfriend tossed out a Lvl 0 on wave 9 or so and was 74 by 14).

Hell, If you have a good summoner, you can toss two groups of 1 Orc, 1 Mage, and 2 Archers at 2 spawn doors and it becomes even easier.

My suggestion? Get a friend or someone to carry you through Magus and Servants quarters campaign and use Kandar's build for SQ and my build for MQ(just ignore the minions, it's possible without them)

MQ survival setup: http://ddplanner.com/?l=8090,waffletimes-magus-nmhc-survival

I don't know if you did end up making an EV, but I played around a bit with this:

As our friend there said, make a EV, do this behind each crystal:
http://www.imgjoe.com/x/strat.jpg

if you have access to a summoner, make archers on that tower buff. I finished to wave 30 with that. Also did same thing on campaign, really easy

and ended up completing NMHC survival with the following build. (I tried mixmode twice, first time disconnected around wave 25, second time on wave 28. I think it should work though.)

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541809412086896948/2BDEB2ADCB36ED050AA77A68D322315F1DFC578F/

Upper floor:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/541809412086897988/A33E9ACDC01E83B5563B71DE1B452CB72F494172/

Lower floor:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/541809412086895810/EDD62315EBEF65BCD67C0DEB8596155B7C12C19C/

I *did* use archers and mages on the buffbeams, and I'm not certain how well it will work without. I leveled a jester to 74 in a couple of waves of insane hardcore survival though, so if you have acces to the dlc it should be relatively painless.

The buffbeams are 4DU.
The upper floor walls are 4 and 5 DU (right side from top) and 5 and 3 DU.
The lower floor walls are 5 and 3 DU on both sides.

When you get the extra 10 DU you can build a fireball tower at the bottom of both buffbeams. It's been my experience that the lower floor seems to get hit hardest, so keep an eye on that.

Having only gotten the game during the steam sale, my tower stats weren't very good the first time I tried it:
EV: 1315/743/253/202
Countess: 707/973/906/715
Initiate: 633/950/788/898
Summoner: 479/987/780/223
Adept: 364/548/358/398

Having your monk out during the wave to boost (if you have a decent weapon/genie?) should help too.

For the campaign (though it seems you've cleared that) there should be enough time to build three harpoons at each crystal, switch to EV and buff beam them. Keeping EV out and building walls (*after* upgrading the buffbeams some) during the wave should get you through the first wave. The build phase should have enough time to build the auras, and a harpoon at the upper level and switch to the character you'd like to actually have out during the wave. Getting through the next wave should basically guarantee succes if you keep upgrading/hitting tiles and working to add some archers/harpoons during build phase. I always find those first two waves the biggest issue.

(Oh, and ignore the buffbeam upgrades, I'd done them semi-automatically before I remembered to take screenshots.)

I don't know if you did end up making an EV, but I played around a bit with this:

and ended up completing NMHC survival with the following build. (I tried mixmode twice, first time disconnected around wave 25, second time on wave 28. I think it should work though.)

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541809412086896948/2BDEB2ADCB36ED050AA77A68D322315F1DFC578F/

Upper floor:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/541809412086897988/A33E9ACDC01E83B5563B71DE1B452CB72F494172/

Lower floor:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/541809412086895810/EDD62315EBEF65BCD67C0DEB8596155B7C12C19C/

I *did* use archers and mages on the buffbeams, and I'm not certain how well it will work without. I leveled a jester to 74 in a couple of waves of insane hardcore survival though, so if you have acces to the dlc it should be relatively painless.

The buffbeams are 4DU.

When you get the extra 10 DU you can build a fireball tower at the bottom of both buffbeams. It's been my experience that the lower floor seems to get hit hardest, so keep an eye on that.

Having only gotten the game during the steam sale, my tower stats weren't very good the first time I tried it:

Having your monk out during the wave to boost (if you have a decent weapon/genie?) should help too.

For the campaign (though it seems you've cleared that) there should be enough time to build three harpoons at each crystal, switch to EV and buff beam them. Keeping EV out and building walls (*after* upgrading the buffbeams some) during the wave should get you through the first wave. The build phase should have enough time to build the auras, and a harpoon at the upper level and switch to the character you'd like to actually have out during the wave. Getting through the next wave should basically guarantee succes if you keep upgrading/hitting tiles and working to add some archers/harpoons during build phase. I always find those first two waves the biggest issue.

(Oh, and ignore the buffbeam upgrades, I'd done them semi-automatically before I remembered to take screenshots.)

You used this build during 7.40c?

If so, very impressed!

I'd been running insane survival before the difficulty was increased (I failed nightmare campaign *horribly* the first time I tried). After getting upgrades from the higher waves of that and getting familiar with the map, I had another go. After being defeated a couple more times, I realized that getting the harpoons up and buffed was key. It *was* still really hectic though, I nearly had a wall go down several times during the first wave. Once the auras go up it's mostly smooth sailing though :)

I nearly always struggle much more with unlocking survival mode than I do with the actual survival itself. Those time limits are evil!

I'd been running insane survival before the difficulty was increased (I failed nightmare campaign *horribly* the first time I tried). After getting upgrades from the higher waves of that and getting familiar with the map, I had another go. After being defeated a couple more times, I realized that getting the harpoons up and buffed was key. It *was* still really hectic though, I nearly had a wall go down several times during the first wave. Once the auras go up it's mostly smooth sailing though :)

I nearly always struggle much more with unlocking survival mode than I do with the actual survival itself. Those time limits are evil!

So with your stats and that build you can do NMHC?

Upper floor:

Lower floor:

The buffbeams are 4DU.

Thoes auras are to big to be NMHC the aura size is reduced what stats have you got to get your auras that big in NM ?

So with your stats and that build you can do NMHC?

Well, those were the stats when I started that game, they rose rather dramatically (especially for the countess) during the game due to lucky drops and the amount of mana you get.

I'm not certain what they were when I ended the game, but my current stats are:
EV: 2697/802/378/270
Countess: 1461/2582/901/685
Initiate: 586/1342/1421/1109
Summoner: 1350/1404/977/277
Adept: 766/1317/861/1075

I have a monk out during the waves with hero stats: 1482/1087/804/1312
He has a gambler's polearm with 16846 ranged damage and +5 projectiles. (I have a much better level 90 one waiting, but can't use it yet.)

Anyway, I've done it yes. I've also failed quite a few times, so it's in no way guaranteed. It's very stressful and a small error can make it all come tumbling down (being one second too late upgrading/repairing that wall that's about to go down, falling off the map, getting killed by copters). Oddly, there's also been times where it actually seemed to go better after I'd died. Not good for my ego.

Oh, also, it obviously helps to get lucky with getting the extra DU and upgrades from the tiles early on. I've been having been bad luck with the latter. During the last few waves it helps a lot to have a second character near the top crystal.

Thoes auras are to big to be NMHC the aura size is reduced what stats have you got to get your auras that big in NM ?

It's not mixmode, but you can see it *is* NMHC here:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/541809412089758129/4C919DC73A144ECEFB9B51BCCEAC3CD588D90CBE/
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/541809412090151703/E19B0F177C3C953DFF80CF9253CE76D1F47AC0B1/

Trying Eren's setup now with slight wall and buffbeam adjustments(I made the buffbeams 4 DU and two walls 1 DU larger, since I am quite good with shoving everything on a 4 DU buffbeam I'm taking advantage of the higher HP walls to live longer).

So far, this build is working better than any of my builds, and my stats are similar other than the squire, where I think will make the difference since that's my best builder. I think this is quite good.

I don't have an apprentice, so I don't know what to use the extra 10 DU on. Also, what I've been doing was bringing out my archers slowly per wave, making sure each one is at least 3 chevrons so they don't get rocketed down easily, thus taking down the buffbeam.

Hm, my buffbeams are only 4DU too, so I'm quite curious where you managed to save those 2DU! I've spent so much time trying to shove all of my archers and mages on there.. sadly my minions never seem to listen as well as I'd like them to.

As for the extra 10DU, I've actually still been playing around with that myself. Moving both fireball towers to the lower floor seemed to be an improvement, but I think they could be used better. Oh well :)

I'm curious what was hitting your archers though, as those never really seemed to get hurt too much. Then again, I had three mages on healing duty (each floor), so I might have missed it in all the chaos? It feels like overkill, but having that buffbeam go down would basically be the end.

Edit: sorry, just noticed you said they were rocketed. Hm. That did hurt them actually thinking about it, but it never seemed to get critical. I'll have to watch that a bit closer, though I never had the buffbeam go down unless my walls were overrun.

Lower got overrun on both sides due to sharken pushing. Tried to use the extra DU to place anti-sharken measures, but nothing worked to my satisfaction yet. Lost on wave 19 I think.

I managed to get a Supreme chestpiece that will replace my squire builder's mythical chestpiece on this run, which made me very happy(No negatives!). I've been using my summoner to do this as that lets me heal both top and bottom at the same time, and he carries two djinnletts to gain mana fast.

PS: I think I shaved off Wall DU on the top left side to use on the other side's 4 DU wall to make it 5 DU.