Sign in to follow this  
Tsuda

The King's Game and its state of balance.

Ran this map 6 times from level 20 through to 30 , I've seen 1 sup and a quite a lot of trans.....no ultimate.
I found 1 ultimate during my 9th run. Armor. It's the only Ult I've found so far, so people that say ults and sups drop like candy clearly aren't on summoners only.

Increasing the enemy difficulty nearly to the point of sky city == wall o doom and SLIGHTLY increasing loot quality of THIS map.

Not of all the other maps.

Well, yeah. His question was about the ONE map.

Wall O Doom could be debateable. I think with the layout and tile effects the map as a whole is intended to be easier, with the only real similarity to Sky City being the enemy stats. Did you the TC's post about Sky City mobs technically being easier than Aquanos mobs? But I think Aquanos has a really manageable layout, so it seems easier. Granted, I haven't spent much time on Sky City NM.

So yeah I guess they're buffing reward quality, but it sounds like the actual loot is getting a bit of a nerf.

And anyways the elitists' problem seems to be that the loot on this map is too good. All I'm saying is that maybe the real problem is that loot on other maps isn't good enough.

Well, that's their problem. Trendy said this map is supposed to be throwing a bone to people that need help, which means if you're decked out in Supreme gear and don't like the map... you were never supposed to.

I'll be curious to see how the enemies get buffed. I soloed the map on NM last night normally and was shocked how low the enemy HP was. I've played Insane maps with higher ogre HP. I'm not against the enemy buff, but I'm hoping it's no more than a 5x buff, if they really wanted to try and help people. It would still be okay even with a 10x buff, but I don't know if it would help the people they were trying to help at that point.

My problem is that every time I start hitting the wave 20s, I get DC'd from Steam and have to start over. :(

I am currently a mythic mostly using player. And for me this map has been good for dropping trans. I saw my first trans armor piece yesterday lol. It was quite exciting. Well I mean first trans armor piece on the floor. So it's good for players who have beat the campaign on NMHC, and are trying to push through the shard maps.

So after messing around some more last night on Nightmare (and finally beating Nightmare campaign for the map) I think I can agree with the crowd calling for the map to be buffed a bit. I've actually not done Sky City nightmare, so I can't comment if the proposed buff is too much or not, but one thing is for sure... it was way too easy before.

I ran the map a few hours last night and my primary builder (countess), summoner, and EV all went from around 800ish stats to around 1300-1400. And I have 2 trans plate that dropped to put on my countess when she hits 78 (is 77 atm). And I still haven't got a good weapon for my countess on the map!

Simply put, the map WAS way too easy. I don't think it ruins the game or anything, but I absolutely can understand why people were complaining. I just hope the new difficulty is not so high that it's going to crush the souls of people not decked out in amazing gear.

For those in the know, if the mob scaling is going to end up being more in line with sky city, about how much more HP do you think Ogres will have? 2x more? 3x? 4x?

I'm hoping I can still run the map on campaign mode after the change, as I actually found it a fun and enjoyable way to power level and earn mana. The map IS a fun map, it just needs a slight bump in difficulty for sure.

I found 1 ultimate during my 9th run. Armor. It's the only Ult I've found so far, so people that say ults and sups drop like candy clearly aren't on summoners only.

Irrelevant. Drop chances are as good or better then the most difficult maps in the game, which means its broken.

Irrelevant. Drop chances are as good or better then the most difficult maps in the game, which means its broken.

So increase the drop chances on the most difficult maps in the game.

Seize the discussion guys, map is way more difficult now, at least the campaign is due to lack of time to build properly. Survival should still be fairly easy though.

Wow, actually, I just failed at wave 12 with 3 afk controllers. Campaign is so much harder. Before the mobs buff I could easily afk with 3 controllers with 6 buffed harps at each crystal. Seems like campaign Pown Shot farming is over for me. Gonna go try survival now.

The way this game works is that you have to climb a ladder to get to the top. You have to work your *** off every step of the way to get anywhere, when I saw my first trans, I nearly had a heart attack. Kings Game just bypasses the ladder and takes you straight to the top with little work. This map will take you from having 800 stat level 74 builders to having 1500+ stat level 78+ builders in a couple of hours easily, that defeats the purpose of playing the other maps entirely. I have gotten several of the squire weapons that are easily better than most steam saws, and the steam saw comes from a map that is far, far harder. This map doesn't need to be a bridge from Insane HC to NMHCMM Wave 25+, it needed to be a bridge from beating the main campaign on NMHC to beating the Shards maps.

With drops they way they are now, why would anyone even bother with Misty or the campaign when you can just run Kings Game a few times and get 20 times the experience, twice as much money, and four times better gear for half the effort?

You could ask "Why does anyone bother with X map" on majority of them. The rewards just don't fit the difficulty. I personally feel that just about every part of nightmare needs drops to be rebalanced. Stat rollovers also need to get fixed.

Buddy when you can't stand the sight others having good fun, you can be sure have serious issues, really, seek help.

Buddy when you can't stand the sight others having good fun, you can be sure have serious issues, really, seek help.

Most prob he's losing money on his afk/paypal shop.
it's the only thing i can think of when they keep crying about it.

Trendy should make all the best drops easier to get,it will get rid of these paypal,over priced afk shops.
then perhaps many of them will start to have fun playing rather than worrying about drops other ppl get.

It's far harder now. I can't start at any higher waves than the first and hope to get anywhere anymore. :(

Was trying it from the beginning to see what happens, but as it is, I got DC'd again after 3 waves. :/

It's far harder now. I can't start at any higher waves than the first and hope to get anywhere anymore. :(

Was trying it from the beginning to see what happens, but as it is, I got DC'd again after 3 waves. :/

Noo.
ffs this what makes the game sux.
bye bye fun map.

The elitist got what they wanted again.

Really? I haven't noticed any change yet?

After finally managing to get to wave 16 on this, I now find it impossible to pass wave 1. There goes my chance of ever getting into nightmare. I have a tower squire, monk, and apprentice, along with a decent summoner. Every strategy has failed. Ogre smashes through. Game over.

As the above person said, the elitists got what they wanted. They effectively prevented any more elitists from ever appearing..

The map seemed perfect how it was. For the first time ever in the game, I felt like I was getting somewhere.

Most prob he's losing money on his afk/paypal shop.
it's the only thing i can think of when they keep crying about it.

Trendy should make all the best drops easier to get,it will get rid of these paypal,over priced afk shops.
then perhaps many of them will start to have fun playing rather than worrying about drops other ppl get.

The problem with thinking like this is pretty obvious, you've probably been playing 200 hours max, the people with 3K+ stats that are running the shops have been playing since the game came out and have thousands of hours in it. They earned their gear, you are more than capable of earning your gear too, for every enemy they added that made the game harder, they added a character that made it easier too. If you want to take a short cut to getting end game armor, you buy it. There are plenty of shops that sell extremely good myth armor for affordable prices.

Really? I haven't noticed any change yet?

My auras used to kill everything before they could even get to the defenses, even the ogres on the early waves. Now everything reaches the defenses, even the crappy goblins. :/

I have to DPS the ogres through the first wave now or they'll destroy all the defenses.

The map seemed perfect how it was. For the first time ever in the game, I felt like I was getting somewhere.

I agree with this. Wave 1 and all def's are destroyed, before was challenging enough and now it's just impossible.

The problem with thinking like this is pretty obvious, you've probably been playing 200 hours max, the people with 3K+ stats that are running the shops have been playing since the game came out and have thousands of hours in it. They earned their gear, you are more than capable of earning your gear too, for every enemy they added that made the game harder, they added a character that made it easier too. If you want to take a short cut to getting end game armor, you buy it. There are plenty of shops that sell extremely good myth armor for affordable prices.

Bullocks. We are playing to have fun. If some people decide to spend 1000 hours of work on something which is supposed to be fun that is their problem...

Never should a game revolve around having to work to have fun... I got real life for that and in real life I get paid to work (and handsomely if I say so...)

The thing here is that people weren't getting 3k+ stats from Kings Game, at least not quickly and easily. In fact in your previous post you were complaining that people were going from around 800 to 1500 ish (like I did). I agree it was probably a bit easy, but if you think people WANT to spend thousands of hours in the game, especially in the twilight of the game (this is the final DLC release right?) then you are grossly misjudging the audience.

Personally I wish they hadn't made the rewards so amazing for Kings Game. I think if it had been targetted more at getting people up to around 1700-1800 stats at the most (and not having jaw droppingly amazing reward weapons) it would have been a great addition for all those people that are riding high on the recent Steam Summer Sale. As it is now, they are still going to hit that early Nightmare wall, get tired, and stop playing.

While I agree the map was broken before, it probably would have done more to help keep the more recent wave of players interested in the game longer than the current state. But what's done is done. I am greatful I was able to at least get my stats up a little bit and catapult ahead of the 'grind curve' a little bit. It rejeuvinated me a bit in the game and will probably keep me playing at least another week or so, as my options have become broader now.

Bullocks. We are playing to have fun. If some people decide to spend 1000 hours of work on something which is supposed to be fun that is their problem...

Never should a game revolve around having to work to have fun... I got real life for that and in real life I get paid to work (and handsomely if I say so...)
some people like me find it fun, which is why we put 1k+ hours into the game. This thinking is hipocritical, if you play to have fun and don't care/want to spend the time neccesary to get to end-game content, why are you complaining when you can't cheese through what we have spent thousands of hours doing. if its the map you find fun play on medium if you don't care.

there's a reason why people say "casual" and "hardcore". if you want to be a hardcore dd player, don't play casually and complain when you can't compete with us.

and i know it may sound like it but that last bit is not trying to be elitist. just terms to describe different players.

and i commend some players who have careers and familys to tend to. I myself am in college. a gamer is a gamer is a gamer, don't blame us because you have different priorities/life situations.

So increase the drop chances on the most difficult maps in the game.

Yeah. But they have not done that. So as it is at this moment, the map is broken.

[QUOTE]Buddy when you can't stand the sight others having good fun, you can be sure have serious issues, really, seek help.[/QUOTE]

Calling people names is not an argument. Unless you actually have something constructive to say, please leave the thread. Otherwise you just make yourself seem silly and small minded.

I agree with this. Wave 1 and all def's are destroyed, before was challenging enough and now it's just impossible.

This ^^
have to say trendy did it again.
These damn top end ppl should not be listen too.
They have the best gear of course its going to be easy for them.
also they have the best gear on many many chars as well.

Great back to a brick wall and no fun gg Trendy.
They should put it back to how it was.