Sign in to follow this  
Tsuda

The King's Game and its state of balance.

I am having some fun on this map, but at the rate of progress I am suddenly able to achieve I dont foresee myself playing much longer then a week or two, since by then I imagine I will be in the 4k stat range on most builders by then. It would be nice if they also bumped the loot quality of the challenging maps so there was a reason to do them anymore, but I just dont see it anymore. Especially picking up 50-60 trans and 5-6 sup armor pieces as a solo summoner starting on wave 20-30 surv. It is great to suddenly have access to all these amazing items, just the difficulty:reward feels like some open mode map.

I am having some fun on this map, but at the rate of progress I am suddenly able to achieve I dont foresee myself playing much longer then a week or two, since by then I imagine I will be in the 4k stat range on most builders by then. It would be nice if they also bumped the loot quality of the challenging maps so there was a reason to do them anymore, but I just dont see it anymore. Especially picking up 50-60 trans and 5-6 sup armor pieces as a solo summoner starting on wave 20-30 surv. It is great to suddenly have access to all these amazing maps, just the difficulty:reward feels like some open mode map.

I am glad someone finally has the foresight to see what effects this map will have in its current state.

I think another possible solution to this would be (which I don't know if this is possible) to at least leave the difficulty of the campaign version of this map the same as it is now. That way it still acts a bridge and allows newer players to get their hands on some good myths and the occasional trans. Yeah, it would still allow you to easily farm the best huntress weapon in the game, but huntresses are still extremely underpowered so I don't see this as game changing.

You sound misinformed. Across all the builders and dps me and friend use 3 ults. Maybe about 10-15 sups and even some mythical on builders. We started wave 28 without using minions and we each had an extra character out. We both went afk and tabbed in to press g. Upgraded only what we could with extra chests. The map is way to easy for the level of rewards it gives.

If you do not think the game requires skill, maybe that is the reason you are not able to beat things.

Mind sharing your stats, and your friend's stats? If you've got Ults and Supremes, I'm guessing you're at 2.5k+, which just proves my point even more rofl. Plus, you get the 30% tower boost for having your builders out, which gives even more dps.

And you think you're skillful because you can tab out of the game and let your towers do all the work? How is that skillful at all? It takes 5 minutes tops to find a good build on the tower planner, and maybe 20 minutes of making your own build. The only ream skill involved in this game is trying to keep your towers alive while trying not to die in the process, and splitting your time evenly so that while everything takes a beating, nothing dies.

My builders stats were at the 1200-1800 range last night, after 3 survival runs (All of which past the first I was basically afk) my builders are all in the 1800-2500 range. I'm sure I will break 3k before the night is over.

I think another possible solution to this would be (which I don't know if this is possible) to at least leave the difficulty of the campaign version of this map the same as it is now. That way it still acts a bridge and allows newer players to get their hands on some good myths and the occasional trans. Yeah, it would still allow you to easily farm the best huntress weapon in the game, but huntresses are still extremely underpowered so I don't see this as game changing.

I have more of a problem with survival then the campaign so leaving that the same wouldn't really bother me. I do think the huntress weapon needs a nerf badly though.

Pffff and I can only play in the week-ends... so instead of finally passing the hump... I missed it again :(.

I have more of a problem with survival then the campaign so leaving that the same wouldn't really bother me. I do think the huntress weapon needs a nerf badly though.

JUST STOP IT! The nerf for this Weapon is the huntress itself and less projectiles than the monk.

Mind sharing your stats, and your friend's stats? If you've got Ults and Supremes, I'm guessing you're at 2.5k+, which just proves my point even more rofl. Plus, you get the 30% tower boost for having your builders out, which gives even more dps.

And you think you're skillful because you can tab out of the game and let your towers do all the work? How is that skillful at all? It takes 5 minutes tops to find a good build on the tower planner, and maybe 20 minutes of making your own build. The only ream skill involved in this game is trying to keep your towers alive while trying not to die in the process, and splitting your time evenly so that while everything takes a beating, nothing dies.

First you can get 2.5k stats with trans alone. For each class you need maybe 1 stat to be really high. Builders were not out. we had 4 summoners out without minions. I do not think that requires skill which is why I think the map is to easy. All stats do is allow you to add more characters and have an easier time on the map.

We started playing again about 2 weeks before sky came out. We started aqua non mix with 2 monk dps unable to beat it and slowly worked our way to beating it. Then going to mix with monks and slowly adding an extra character as our stats got better. If you think you can just look up a build and suddenly win than you are misinformed. All builds have problems and need to be changed depending on stats of your characters. It does not only take 20 minutes to come up with a build, we did many runs on maps to find a build that works best for us, and even posting a build that works every time for us on aqua people with less than 2k stats are beating it all the while having to think of there own ways to change things that work for them.

Again I think you are just bad and can not accept that it takes more than having great gear.

"The greasy wheel gets the most oil"

Before I start my comment, I want to thank Trendy for an awesome map. I do not blame TE for anything here. They are just responding to their communities wishes, what other company is this good? None.

All this really boils down to is one thing; end game players trying to hold onto the monopoly of end game items so that only end game players can buy those items or the mana hackers.

It's really a shame that the difficulty is being increased, but let's face it; we all knew it was going to happen.

Trendy had to reply to the outburst of complaints that this was "too easy", and again I want to thank TE for being such a responsive company.

We can't blame Trendy, all we can do is hope that the difficulty doesn't increase too much. It seems this community just can't accept anything. "It's too hard", "it's too easy", when will it ever be good enough? I mean seriously, what does it really hurt if great items drop on an easier map that the shards maps? That might give the casuals the ability to tackle the real end game maps.

Disappointed isn't the right word for how I feel the community has responded, I just feel like people just don't care about others that are doing it tough. I can only hope that TE doesn't make it too difficult. Great map though, very frustrating at the start.

Before I start my comment, I want to thank Trendy for an awesome map. I do not blame TE for anything here. They are just responding to their communities wishes, what other company is this good? None.

All this really boils down to is one thing; end game players trying to hold onto the monopoly of end game items so that only end game players can buy those items or the mana hackers.

It's really a shame that the difficulty is being increased, but let's face it; we all knew it was going to happen.

Trendy had to reply to the outburst of complaints that this was "too easy", and again I want to thank TE for being such a responsive company.

We can't blame Trendy, all we can do is hope that the difficulty doesn't increase too much. It seems this community just can't accept anything. "It's too hard", "it's too easy", when will it ever be good enough? I mean seriously, what does it really hurt if great items drop on an easier map that the shards maps? That might give the casuals the ability to tackle the real end game maps.

Disappointed isn't the right word for how I feel the community has responded, I just feel like people just don't care about others that are doing it tough. I can only hope that TE doesn't make it too difficult. Great map though, very frustrating at the start.

Nice conspiracy theory. I want all the good items, these bad players cant get any of them!!!!!! The problem is the quality of loot and how it is better than harder maps. Do you not understand that should not be how a game is designed? Keep the map easy and drop its loot to the quality of other maps of the same difficulty. Or they could actually fix the problem of how hard it is to get into nightmare and raise the loot a bit on easier maps. That does not mean it should be better or the same than maps that are worlds more difficult than it.

What "real" end game maps? They are pointless now because you get better loot on this map. Doing the harder maps will no longer improve your character in any way. Now, as I have said previously, you gear up on the new, easy mode map, easily crush the other maps, and you are done with game. Really disappointing trendy decided to destroy their games progression instead of just fixing the current maps.

EDIT: I also find it insulting you are saying end game players try to prevent new players from getting better loot. I help people out all the time to gear out their characters for no benefit to myself.

[QUOTE]JUST STOP IT! The nerf for this Weapon is the huntress itself and less projectiles than the monk.[/QUOTE]

There is no reason for it to be directly better then a krytykal stryke, which already could get a huntress to 4 m + dps.

I really don't know call the official response "listening to the community". More like listening to the small subset of whiners trolling the boards who are worried that their monopoly on high end gear is coming to an end. I find the map to be a welcome change AS IS. Finally we have a map where the loot rewards match the relative difficulty. And of course it will be nerfed all to heck

The time it takes to get to the endgame content should not change as this will upset anyone who has invested time in the beginning. If they wanted this game to take less time to get to the endgame content they should have had it that way on release and when any new dlc came out tweaked existing content to keep the progression from brand new player to endgame player the same as before the new dlc
I dont want to hold onto a monopoly i just want my work to have meaning
if a casual player wants to do the endgame stuff then put in the time or do it on insane(i hear alot of people saying they just want to play for the enjoyment of the maps so why not insane)

Still got people complaining.. what is this? Ghost just..stop. 3/4 of your post is crying about something that we all know its broken.

Thanks for the update. :)

Classic, do you know if the current difficulty of King's Game was intended? I find it hard to believe that it was a simple oversight and that no one noticed before it was sent to steam.

Could not agree more.
it all boils down to i want to have the best stuff,because we got them before the extra stuff like sharks and chopters got put in.
Also control the afk shops.
Sod the new ppl trying to progress,we want to control them through our shops.

This game should be about having fun,not ego trips.
So what we get the odd bit of good gear to progress,the fun is playing it.
now i could just about solo that map and having fun at the same time,as well as helping me to gear up.
the nerf will stop that i can bet you.

The game is becoming a joke,choppers missiles hit so hard,don't even give time to mend the towers or upgrade them while soloing.
Sharks move our bases all over the place.

Sigh maybe it time to un-install it,as everytime us loners start progress,the elitist crys to hold us back,because they don't want us to progress,simply because they will lose control of there afk shops or cannot have an ego trip on the best gear they got on.

Arh well not long for gw 2 then this game will def be del.

TAF,

I have stopped playing after the introduction of the copters and after testing the state of the game after the so called nerfs of the copters.

Any case, and like I stated before, any new game of TE will not be an instant buy. They have done so many things to make the game a tad more fun and bareable and then they mess it all up in one fell swoop first by introducing the sharken (bugt the summoner was the solution there) and then with the introduction of the copters and their ogres. I'm still waiting for a solution which doesn't revolve around putting down 2.5k towers on maps that give you 1.8kgear, unless you happen to have ran this same map 1000 times and maybe finally have gotten an upgrade.

My time is more precious then pissing it away in that fashion... especially when I pay to piss it away...

Really this just need to become a Bug to Feature moment. The map is fine the way it stands now. Sky City is a map where item fall off it 90% of the time and yet nothing was done about that. By giving this map and reward that scale better is the correct response to Sky City faluts.

This game could have a LOT more people if gearing up wasn't such a drag! Maplestory is an explain I know I can use For years leveling was just hair pulling but they revamp their exp system. Result? More players came back and got more people to play.

I see King Game and how it diffcult is now as a revolutions. New/Casual players now can get a understanding of how NM mob work and how they need to defender against them. While in the learning stage, gear up at the same time. More people that gear up the more people stay playing together.

Honsetly this offical repsone should be talked about more or overruled. Games are meant to be fun and enjoyable for EVERYONE! Not for people who just wants "cubes" for every upgrade

Could not agree more.
it all boils down to i want to have the best stuff,because we got them before the extra stuff like sharks and chopters got put in.
Also control the afk shops.
Sod the new ppl trying to progress,we want to control them through our shops.

This game should be about having fun,not ego trips.
So what we get the odd bit of good gear to progress,the fun is playing it.
now i could just about solo that map and having fun at the same time,as well as helping me to gear up.
the nerf will stop that i can bet you.

The game is becoming a joke,choppers missiles hit so hard,don't even give time to mend the towers or upgrade them while soloing.
Sharks move our bases all over the place.

Sigh maybe it time to un-install it,as everytime us loners start progress,the elitist crys to hold us back,because they don't want us to progress,simply because they will lose control of there afk shops or cannot have an ego trip on the best gear they got on.

Arh well not long for gw 2 then this game will def be del.

This is why I never price things in multiple millions. The highest I go is 1.5-2 times Tavern price.

And to the GW2 comment, 1. They are different games and 2. People said something similar about a certain sequel a few months ago.

what i dont like is how 20 people who all have good items are complaining on the forums and now getting what they want. but all the people who are not on the forums and are weak now lose something that helps them out.

This is why I never price things in multiple millions. The highest I go is 1.5-2 times Tavern price.

And to the GW2 comment, 1. They are different games and 2. People said something similar about a certain sequel a few months ago.

The GW2 comment was about me.
Soon as it's out dd will be del off my hdd,that is a fact.
At least the grind in gw 2 will be more enjoyable.
I played the beta from the first time we could pre-order so i know how good the game is.

Also i'll be sure to skip any trendys new stuff as well.
the game started off good,but now it's a joke,thanks to the elitists.
I'm sure the next game they bring out will go down the same road if they keep listening to them.

what i dont like is how 20 people who all have good items are complaining on the forums and now getting what they want. but all the people who are not on the forums and are weak now lose something that helps them out.

I've noticed that too. Whenever I see a post bashing the new map it's always the same people. Same people, different threads.

Well, if the problem was actually a BUG with the loot drops then I don't really see the problem with fixing it. I really just hope that it's still doable with my current gear (in spite of claims here, my stats have not rocketed overnight), because I've been really loving having it as a map to make the 70-74 grind less ridiculous.

I don't usually post on the forums here but I felt compelled to comment on this one. Up above, someone commented that Trendy is catering in and caving into the elitists. I disagree (for what that's worth). My best character is my tower squire, that has approximate stats of 1000/1250/500/700. My other characters are a bit under that. I used my tower squire, aura monk, EV and DPS monk and was able to clear HCNM King's Game on my second attempt. Not only that but, I can AFK the last 2-3 waves with 0 worry of anything going wrong, with 2 characters in the game (I use an XBox controller to dual log so I can farm better).

Now perhaps I'm out of touch here, but I don't think my stats remotely qualify me as part of the upper class of elite players. I have never bought a single item from any player shops. I gained all my Mythical gear myself. I actually started on HCNM Magus Quarters back when my squire had like 400/400/400/400 stats and pushed myself into NM from there (after Goblin Copters were added mind you).

So, accusing Trendy of catering to elitists is just silly. The simple fact is the map is ridiculously easy and the quality of the rewards is grossly disproportionate to this difficulty. Oh, and to the comment above claiming all these things like Sharken and Copters broke the game. That's just silly. All enemies in the game can be countered with proper builds. And again, this is not from someone with 4k stats, or 3k stats or even 2k stats.

The above comments represent my opinions and my experiences. Take them for what you will.