Sign in to follow this  
Tsuda

The King's Game and its state of balance.

quick suggestion for copters for trendy:

why not just remove their rockets? flares are fine. the giant *** ogre they carry is fine. the rockets are the dangerous part when they choose to be off range. they can even spam flares all they like, let them do that.

Then reflective walls lose 75% of their purpose.

So uh, how bout that timeline of what came out when? I mean, EV only existed prior to the copters. Reflects were still used. I'm not advocating the removal of the rockets, or anything, but that doesn't seem like a valid point to bring up.

No they don't, because currently the rockets are being shot over my reflects.

I want the rockets to stay, just significantly decrease the copters pathing height. :)

Bah 15% was not enough still imposable unless you got real high stats.
So much for the bridge to help non-elitist players into nightmare.

Trendy makes real fun maps,then messes it all up in one fail swoop of a patch.
gg trendy,i guess you really do like your 1-2% of elite players.
Cater for the mass you might just find we will have fun,and buy more of your products,instead of these top end players with there control of afk/paypal shops.

This game continues to encourage less multiplayer. It's simply counter-intuitive. I understand scaling and difficulty perfectly fine, but we already have enough difficulty options to select from. Introduction to frustration and a long grind is all you see when you bring in more players. Good luck shooting down goblin copters in the cluster**** when you bring in 4 players.

approx around what stats is needed now to beat survival on king game

To beat survival? 30 waves? top-end gear, just that.

No they don't, because currently the rockets are being shot over my reflects.

I want the rockets to stay, just significantly decrease the copters pathing height. :)

In essence the copters are an OP mob. In essence you can compare it with a carrier. But notmally carriers while they deliver troops or tanks or... they don't carry bombs or rockets that do more dmg then other ranged alternatives. I can understand them adding those rockets, but they should normally just be annoyances then, to interrupt you from reparing. But not as a dmg alternative. Besides for ranged flying dmg we got the wyverns and the fishes already, no need to introduce a mob that does it all. And while we are at it, take off the tankiness buff on those ogres - prefall. And make the drop an sort of induction for the mob, just like the sharken charge or djinn desummoning is an induction thing. That way for instance a lightning tower could interrupt it, or a tornado stanced barbarian. See where I am going with this? options is what makes a game fun, not just having to brunt force yourself through it. Or for all I care you let an interrupt drop their cargo and thus incurr the -70% morale effect while keeping their regular tankiness if not dropped or carrier interrupted. With such thing I could possibly live, but something does need to change seriously it does.

Knowing this, one could then just make the effect of these rockets bouncing back on a reflect beam back to sender interrupt the effect of flares. Again that would be a gameplay effect that would offer options. Now it is just no fun...

If only missiles were actually reflected by reflection walls on a regular basis. Most people use reflection walls to protect the crystal from random shots and defenses from poison balls.

poison balls are not supposed to effect crystals

their splash does. Or at least it seemed that way in a couple games.

poison balls are not supposed to effect crystals

I said "defenses from poison balls." The "random shots" was referencing to lucky archers/mages.

copters arent OP. they are just broken in their current state. the rockets do a lot of damage, without a doubt, but the bigger problem is that they are attack from so far out of range of towers, auras, minions, and players that everything that is bad about them is magnified. and the ogres they drop in kings game are horribad because they seriously drop the ogres as far away from any logical build sites as possible so you are forced to deal with the full might of them.

enemies that specifically target players are bad for this game, because there is a lot the player actually HAS to do during the various waves that putting in all the various distractions that there are makes it difficult to properly play the game. especially when they do 50k + damage per hit. this is why the summoner is so popular. trying to use wheel of fortuna for a beneficial effect in most maps is pretty much impossible in the current state of the game.

ninjas were always annoying. spiders amplified them, and now spiders amplify the homing rockets, as does standing somewhere to try to repair, and hoping to not get hit by webbing, or random ogre AoE, or djinn bolts, or random splash damage.

Copters are broken for oh so many reasons. First is their elusiveness making them able to volley for days if someone is playing a melee character. Second is their flares which make them virtually immune to all defenses (besides minions). Third is their drop off points which are often way too far from a crystal (usually where defenses are located) to even be considered being shot down.

The end results are a boatload of ogres which are if nothing else harpoon sponges and barrage of rockets that do ridonkulous amounts of damage and prevent you from pretty much doing anything.

They are only manageable with a stat check. If your towers can take the ogres down quick enough, then the kobolds, engoldened warriors, and sharken won't have a chance to run amok. If not, you're pretty much up a creek.

It's clear that they are here to stay; I just wish the copters would fly a bit closer to the crystal so that they may actually have a chance of being shot down and dropping their ogre payload. Most copters simply fly out of their spawn and say 'right here is good enough' after about 3 seconds. Welcome to boatloads of ogres.

Oh also, if you must have copters, could you PLEASE make it so harpoons prioritize them. I'm so sick of copters doing as they please for 5 minutes while my harps focus on a 50 mil hp ogre. Take down the bloody copter (it will take 2 seconds) then go back to the sponge.

-End rant

^copters drop their ogres quite close to the crystal, if not behind it on sky/morrago/misty/aqua AFAIK

on king's game they do drop quite far out :p

can't judge the standard maps as they aren't comparable to shard dlc for loot and xp :p

though i do agree they're still a ***** to work with

Cipher

If it's not a far drop off then it's the effectiveness of the flares. I know where they spawn and land, yet 9/10 copter ogres is smashing on my defenses at full health. I deal with them myself whenever possible (or should I say my seahorse does), but I can only be in so many places at once.

They need to be easier to shoot down or at very least the defenses need to prioritize them.

Problem is that, as usual, everyone says that the copters/the map/the copgres are op.

I do agree with that, also the time to prepare for KG is way, way too small.

Copters shouldn't fire missiles that deal 17K damage on my barbarian with 90% res. (and wh0ring with an unlimited shooting on me, forcing me to retreat behind minion lines)

Copgres shouldn't be two, three times more powerful than normal ogres. they should be two, three times LESS POWERFUL!!!
Since their presence is a strategical nightmare, why do we have to suffer these damage-sponges? Minions care about what's close, that means ogres, dealing no to few dmg with strdrain auras. they can't take care of these rapin'copters that kill minions, buffs, and rape the crystal if no one's there to take care of it.

I had that same issue with copters today. Was playing with someone and the copters would hover higher than I could see, even on maximum view distance. Then they spammed missiles down on us and killed everyone from too high to do anything about.

Thank you for everyone who reported this issue. We are looking into this as it can be quite game ruining when they decide to do this.

they tend to do the same on morrago when they're hovering above the buildings (assuming the flying mode is collision based), allowing them to stay out of auras/ be out of reach of the player due to a max viewing angle

Cipher

Thank you for everyone who reported this issue. We are looking into this as it can be quite game ruining when they decide to do this.

Thank you for addressing this very serious issue.

I do not want to seem greedy but please stop the Djinn as well.

The Djinn are now fairly easy to deal with EXCEPT when they hang off the top of the screen out of range of everything pelting pot shots buffing and desummoning at will. They do this often on Aquanos and other maps.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Originally Posted by Zen00

I had that same issue with copters today. Was playing with someone and the copters would hover higher than I could see, even on maximum view distance. Then they spammed missiles down on us and killed everyone from too high to do anything about.

The choppers come in from two places, lower left, and upper right.

The Upper right(NE) choppers seem to land on the ramp between the two levels and tend to stay at a level that they can be dealt with.

The Lower Left(SW) choppers come in from above the highest boudary wall you can see to the SW, drop their ogres on the top level. These lower choppers from the SW seem to never decrease in height from where they came in at, which is one of the highest points on the map.

The other issue is they spam missiles too fast. Earlier i died during a round, and was watching as three choppers from the SW hovered at max height, and they would have 7-10 missiles each in the air at any given time.

A few extra DU on this map wouldn't hurt either, say another 10-20

Edit-spelling

since i see bugs being mentioned, i've had djinn get stuck inside of the rocks or underground in mistymire and desummon stuff while they are pretty much invincible unless you have an app out, and i doubt many people do

Originally Posted by Zen00

The choppers come in from two places, lower left, and upper right.

The Upper right(NE) choppers seem to land on the ramp between the two levels and tend to stay at a level that they can be dealt with.

The Lower Left(SW) choppers come in from above the highest boudary wall you can see to the SW, drop their ogres on the top level. These lower choppers from the SW seem to never decrease in height from where they came in at, which is one of the highest points on the map.

The other issue is they spam missiles too fast. Earlier i died during a round, and was watching as three choppers from the SW hovered at max height, and they would have 7-10 missiles each in the air at any given time.

A few extra DU on this map wouldn't hurt either, say another 10-20

Edit-spelling

Thanks for giving such detailed info it should help Icearrow and the team help us all the quicker!
I agree extra DU would be very nice as well.

Funny how this didn't come up during play testing, since I found the issue the VERY FIRST TIME I tried a solo Survival run. Also funny that no one noticed the first time around when the map was apparently 1/10th of the intended difficulty, if the following buff was any indication.

You'd think that sort of stuff would be hard to miss... but I'm sure it's not a sign of shoddy play testing. I'm sure that's not the problem. Totally sure.