Anyone found a serious use for the jester yet?...

Cant out dps monk or barb,
Towers are useless in a serious game off survival

So basically its just for fun whether its doin boss rush with the random towers and effects or trolling people by moving their towers...

Quite disapointed really

Just me or are you feeling the same?

You can clone towers.

For example: You have a 3k Builder. Your Jester doesn't even come close to that. Put presents on the floor. Change to your 3k Builder. If you now get a tower out of the present it will have stats if it was build with a 3k Builder.

Sword/sword/crystal is apparently a "slight code error" as said by a gameplay designer in another thread. It will probably be patched soon.

is moveable towers worth using?
I havent even tried the new hero out because im not doing much lately that involves sharken moving my towers.

Other than that, i can say as a DPs its not that great and the slots is just for kicks.

Its a gambling class for sure. Will be fun if you wanna take the chances and play on NM HC original maps Presents only.

Honestly? No. But I am having a lot of fun. :)

Which pretty much seems to be the point of her. My friend and I were just having fun trying to do maps last night using only our Jesters. Let me tell you, that adds a whole new challenge to the game that is, at times, quite devious.

The Wheel of Fortuna can be quite useful, assuming you can get good at stopping it where you want it.

The Tower Upgrade is nice when you have your towers upgraded a few times. You only pay 150 mana for the wheel spin, and getting an upgrade that costs more is good stuff.

From my testing, my Jester is 78 and I equipped her with my Squires gear ( and I set her stats the same). In the tavern, she did more DPS and only had about 500 less HP. Considering she could also equip another weapon, like a gun, it seemed to me like the lesser HP was a decent trade off. And she could even block using a sword in her hand.

Then I did a respec and matched he to my Monk. Gave her his gear and she had more HP but did about 1200 less DPS. And again, this was not considering she could use a second weapon.

So, in my testing it looks like she could be a very useful DPS character, with HP second only to the Squire and DPS just under the Monk.

I guess your mileage may vary, but that is how I plan to use her.

Also. Gifts may be practically useless, however, they do make decent cheap walls if you summon then after the round starts.

Moving defenses is really not good for much unless you use the Jester Gifts. Being able to move the defenses that summon from the gift is a handy thing, assuming you don't get ogres.

Being able to use two weapons, and get the full function of those weapons. Such as blocking with a sword, even though you aren't a squire gives her a bit of versatility. And while she isn't the highest HP or DPS in the game, she is far from the worst.

Oh, and the fact she can use any pet, including animus pets of any class, means she can literally adapt to any situation you need her to during a game.

Looking past the gifts, which are just a gimmick, there is a decent character here. I mean, most people don't use the Huntress for her traps right? So, using a Jester without her gift ability isn't such a bad thing.

Wheel of fortuna can be good stuff with some practice.

At least, that is my opinion.

havent tried the pet scaling, but if the pet scaling is better or close to as good as a monk, then monk+jester is the most overpowered duo setup you can get. since jester has the hp scaling of squire, it can stay alive forever. and the runspeed is faster than summoner. which makes it great for saving stuff.
rate seems really good too. so basicly its a fast summoner

Isn't moving towers of real benefit though when sharken have moved your 3-star physical beam and you are no longer on your EV?

Isn't moving towers of real benefit though when sharken have moved your 3-star physical beam and you are no longer on your EV?

It would be if moving towers didnt get rid of all the upgrades and also jester cant move EV's beams.

also jester cant move EV's beams.

Not true. I was moving a physical wall last night (dont know how to rotate it yet though :D)

What's with all the misconceptions here? You can move EV Beams *and* you can keep tower upgrades after you move them. The only thing you can't seem to do is rotate EV Beams (since they don't have a "direction" like blockades) and you cannot move minions.

You can clone towers.

For example: You have a 3k Builder. Your Jester doesn't even come close to that. Put presents on the floor. Change to your 3k Builder. If you now get a tower out of the present it will have stats if it was build with a 3k Builder.
This is what I have been using it for.

At low levels when I killed an ogre that spawned from a present, he dropped 5 weapons. A couple of them were far ahead of where I was playing. Decent quality drops for pretty much a harder difficulty and 5 or 6 levels higher then I was at the time.

If that trend continues trying to get ogres out of your best gifts when on high waves of survival, then killing them to get drops might be a way to improve your chances at good quality loot. Loot on demand would be a useful feature.

Of course that probably wasn't a main focus of the design for presents. It seems like it would be more useful then any other use for the presents though.

Here's how I use my "attacking" jester. DPS is not as good as other classes because of lack of Hero Boost/Piercing Shot, but here's what I do.

Weapon 1: Very powerful gun or ranged spear
Weapon 2: Sword with 100% Block and high hero stats

I just love this set up. Hide and repair/ranged DPS when needed, using Wheel once in a while. When lots of ogres come, or during a boss fight, or when shields goes down/gets pushed and I can't move them in time, I switch to my sword and block. Now I bet some people will say, "But the perfect setup doesn't require you to do anything but AFK." This is true, but I seem to enjoy myself a lot more when playing actively.

Here's how I use my "attacking" jester. DPS is not as good as other classes because of lack of Hero Boost/Piercing Shot, but here's what I do.

Weapon 1: Very powerful gun or ranged spear
Weapon 2: Sword with 100% Block and high hero stats

I just love this set up. Hide and repair/ranged DPS when needed, using Wheel once in a while. When lots of ogres come, or during a boss fight, or when shields goes down/gets pushed and I can't move them in time, I switch to my sword and block. Now I bet some people will say, "But the perfect setup doesn't require you to do anything but AFK." This is true, but I seem to enjoy myself a lot more when playing actively.

same thing I've been doing, this helps you out for any kind of boss too, either block near mage minions to get healed up, or shoot with a pawn shot or other distance wep and your good to go.

If ya memorize the Wheel of Fortuna spins, and get the ones ya want (they're not randomly changing the wheel on you after all, and you have no timer, just the mana cost that's a pittiance on higher games) then you can pull off some insane moves, including whiping out a good chunk of a wave. I say that's the most useful power if you can learn her, though Move Tower is also a epic utility VS. Sharken and of course the weapon versatility she boasts.

The presents, well... those may take some work to grow on people...