New map is way to easy...

i wouldnt say its too easy. i like the change of extremely harder stuff.
but i dont think the drops are fair. due to the fact that harder stuff should have better loot. i tried this with a 1300 builder and i could still beat wave 22 on nm. which to me isnt that fair

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This just reminds of cata progression everyone complaining everything was too hard then the final thing was too easy, the dungeons, depending on your gear were normal heroics hard 346 item level gear dropping, zul' aman and zul gurub harder 353 item level gear dropping, hour of twilight dungeons too easy with 378 item level gear dropping you may be able to go in with a lower item level, with your guild or friends, than the required to queue amount. Twilight dungeons were shorter taking less than 30 mins to complete while others took 30+, even the end raid is easier than the others. This is world of warcraft, i know its not the same game and its an mmo and such, but it is going the same way in progression.

Yeah this map needs a buff. I can't make it past wave 20 NMHCMM with good builds. I threw together some PoS build and sense ogres have no health (even after wave 24 virtually no hp)

I don't mind making myths easier to obtain, but make them entry lvl myths and definatly no trans/ults

-OR-

buff the HP i don't feel like i deserve these ults.

BTW doing it with 2 summoners, one i started THIS run just for the gear bonus.

I like that there is an easy map now. It will make players progress on their own, instead of just using endgame gear players shops. Also the prices will drop.

It's not even progressing its more catapulting. I'm getting 450m per wave with silly gear drops. I admit there are some progression gaps in the game but this just launches you WAYYY to far forward.

However I look at it, it just feels backwards. The final (currently) map in campaign is both the easiest (I'm fairly sure mobs scale about same as Deeper Well, if not lower, and you don't get the 100 ogres per square meter effect of Deeper Well) and gives the best loot. Trans drops pre 20 are something you might expect to see in Shards maps, and even there I don't think they get such high stats right off the bat. Autosell mana and EXP are off the scale as well.

I understand if they wanted to make it easier for more casual gamers to get good gear; heck, God knows such changes were direly needed. But I am sure there were better ways to do it, such as give some much-needed love to the original campaign. As in:
1) Improve overall drop modifiers so that Trans have a better chance to drop in original campaign surv (because they already drop, just very rarely),
2) drastically reduce campaign survival completion times,
3) provide UMF/Boss Rush style rewards for completing wave 25 that have a high chance of containing Trans items aside from the giraffe, and
4) create some real progression in survival mobs and loot between Deeper Well and Summit (from laughably weak mobs all the way till 25, extremely easy completion and little to no Trans to powerful mobs, difficult completion and considerable amounts of Trans and even some Supreme) because now they all feel pretty much the same.

While I can agree somewhat that the rewards might need to be toned down a tad (although I haven't been able to do the map on Nightmare yet... get my butt kicked on the first wave of campaign :( ) from what everyone is saying, but I look at it twofold;

A) while it may be a little out of line now, this map NEEDS to be off the typical progression curve. Ever since I've started playing again, all the main threads I see are about how the progression is BROKEN AND TERRIBLE. Maybe this map was far too much on a different side of the scale, but this map NEEDS to break the pre-set progression curve. It would be great if Trendy went back and re-tuned every map in the original campaign, but that is asking far too much for a developer that is moving on from the game.

B) If this is indeed Trendy's last hurrah in DD, I can see them breaking progression chain a little. At this point you have to assume that they are not going to get large groups of new players any more and their main players have already sunk tons of time in to the game. Looking at this as a last hurrah that gives good loot for long time players and an easier progression map for the newish ones makes me not worry too much.

Maybe I just suck, but so far Nightmare Campaign is kicking my butt. I'm fairly new to nightmare in general (my highest stat toon is like 500/850/500/500 countess and only just started doing nightmare stuff) so I'm still getting used to the various mobs, but my setup that got through Insane on this map fairly easy was trounced bad in Nightmare. So while I"m sure it's easy for many of you, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a cake walk. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong though :) I'm open to learning if anyone has advice lol.

idk after grinding NM for a few hundred hours your used to doing 10-15m dps and losing maps. Now wave 26 the ogres have less than 4m hp? It's just tooo simple.

Advice: Get 1 of each tower building char to 74. use aquanos insane hardcore (although now maybe king's game will be better xp wise) and a dps monk. then when building use all your DU for defense then your MU for DPS. Make 2 ev's one for buff beams and the other for walls. NEVER underestimate traptress or monk aura, immunity stripping is a wonderful wonderful thing. and have fun :DD