New map is way to easy...

His opinion is not more important, but the opinions of many people in this thread are based on false information and therefore are wrong and he is simply pointing out the mistakes you all are making in your logic.

No, he's not. And neither are you. You're actually the most-egregious offender with regards to false information. You said earlier, for example, "Instead of a 1000 hour game you now have a 50 hour game." That's absolutely ludicrous, the grossest exaggeration in the entire thread, and as I explained after the fact: is completely false. You guys are upset about something, but even despite dozens of people both disagreeing with you and giving you completely valid counter-points, you're continuing to act as though only your own opinions or circumstances matter or have merit. And that's wrong. There's not much else that can be said.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But when you get mad at a company "You Like" For building a map or game a way you didn't like how do you claim to truly like them. They built this game and this map with their intentions in mind. What makes you more qualified to tell them they did it wrong just because your idea of fun is grind grind grind. Back to the ungrateful comment you complain that a free map with a free class because its too easy to get good gear. Well what about the people who haven't been playing from the beginning the ones who cant experience all the fun are you say screw them everything should be harder because you had to work harder for your gear? You sir are being ungrateful to not just trendy by crying about the free map but also to all the new community members for trying to ruin their fun and experience with this game.

Ya now the people who havent played from the beginning will never have a need to play any map but this one and when you say that not everyone likes to grind they just like to play the maps... then they can just play on a lower diffculty... but they wont because thats not why people play this game and its not why people mod gear either. people play this game because they want to get better gear and maybe they want it so they can see how much damage they can hit or maybe it is because they want to beat the game but i would bet that more people just want to be better than other people and have stuff other dont so they can be above them. so now everyone will be able to get the same amount of stuff from 1 map. all the other maps will be useless besides for achievements and people will be bored because they will have all the bes stuff within a few hundred hours. a game like this shouldent allow people to get the best possible stuff in a few hundred hours and if people dont want the best stuff then play insane mode. you can do all the maps in insane just fine will mid level gear

No, he's not. And neither are you. You're actually the most-egregious offender with regards to false information. You said earlier, for example, "Instead of a 1000 hour game you now have a 50 hour game." That's absolutely ludicrous, the grossest exaggeration in the entire thread, and as I explained after the fact: is completely false. You guys are upset about something, but even despite dozens of people both disagreeing with you and giving you completely valid counter-points, you're continuing to act as though only your own opinions or circumstances matter or have merit. And that's wrong. There's not much else that can be said.

My main point has been this entire time that PROGRESSION is now gone from this game. You have not given a single piece of data to counter this claim. and my previous point was not that much of an exaggeration. the amount of time people will play this game for after buying it is going to drop tremendously if this map stays the way it is.

This does nothing to alleviate the "grind grind grind" which I have stated many times but everyone seems to gloss over. You are still missing the point.

People seem to be under the impression that they will only need a few farm runs to attain a full ultimate set that will allow them into the end game maps. I say, let them believe that, people still believe a so so trans is better than a good mythical.

Also, people like the easy way out, they like to earn things without doing work in the process, again, let them be, few things beat the satisfaction of soloing sky with slightly above average stats and earn a marvelous wrench. If they want to delude themselves into believe that getting it easy is all the same, who are you to try and get them to comprehend something they just can't?

DD is approaching it's EOL fast, nothing can change that, but you don't have to change the way you do stuff just because the mediocres have found a shortcut into the end of the game.

If that makes them feel satisfied, more power to them.

That was one small point in my large statement and it dose because a new person just playing dose not need nearly as good gear or as many characters leveled up to complete this map therefor reducing the grind and time they need to put in by a lot to get to level of trans and higher. Think before you type.

I don't care that it is easy, only that the rewards do not seem right with the difficulty. I am not trying to make them change the map so only really good players with good gear can beat it.

Why would anyone complain about a great map that helps out other players and is a great party map and awesome to grind XP with!

If you want a challenge, do the other maps, do Talay! Do Sky City, Do Crystal.

I'm really happy they made a map like this. It's not like uber weapons allow you to pwn every map easily. Without resistances and HP to back that up, you're a dead duck no matter what.

Why would anyone complain about a great map that helps out other players and is a great party map and awesome to grind XP with!

If you want a challenge, do the other maps, do Talay! Do Sky City, Do Crystal.

I'm really happy they made a map like this. It's not like uber weapons allow you to pwn every map easily. Without resistances and HP to back that up, you're a dead duck no matter what.

I would be fine with an easy map as long as the loot doesnt compare to the hard maps... why would i want a challenge when i can get the same stuff easy it ruins the whole reason to play those maps

read up to page 10 can't be bothered to read more.

This map drops far superior loot than it's difficulty should allow.

The VERY first "build" I tried for this, afk'd all the way to 25 before my laptop dc'd randomly.
I saw some of the best myth\trans along the way that I have EVER seen.

Campagin- just lolz, it was a complete joke, 2 harps 1 buff beam on each crystal, and it's over. afkmode to end of level rewards and 20mish xp

This is NOT progress trendy, this is backwards and just fail in general from a progression standpoint.

How to fix it? Only be able to play this map on difficulty level's you have beat CD on. problem solved.

Agreed.

I got nervous when i saw someone post this. I think the map is great for lower level 70's and people who are kinda stuck in a place. im glad to see that trendy likes it the way it is to

Bet you items prices in shops will still be over pice no matter how many people who complain about this. I know for a fact that a few of these complainers will still over price their bad tranys+ because some of them are my friends and I asked. xD

It seems that this game has finally come to an end for me, i feel completely cheated, i have spent hundreds of hours farming and working and playing trying to get to the top, and what now? A new map thats easy and gives great loot, im seriously loosing all inclination to play this game. The idea of progression is Harder Content=better loot, this doesnt follow that, this map is too easy, i enjoy that, having a better way to break into nightmare i am all for, but a map should not bring u from early myths to ultimate gear in a single run, i have only managed to find 1 ult armour out of my 700hrs playing, maybe only 20 sup. My first run i found 1 ult and 4 sup armour, for a complete afk fest. End game gear should be just that, end game. If i want to get the very best then i should have to verse super fast-super hard hitting 60mil hp ogres, but now whats the point, now it really has become a grind fest, at least before there was some progression, complete Magus Surv, move to throne room, completed it, move to misty, completed misty move to aqua, completed it move to talay or sky city. Now, breaking into nightmare, complete wave 1 for some myths, then once u have a set, complete the map for loads of myths and a great weapon, play survival and get trans sups and ults before wave 20. There is no progression sorry trendy, this is not how your game should be.

The main thing I'm enjoying is the incredible XP gain. As someone who has been hating every minute of Glitterhelm, this is such a welcome relief to get my party NM ready.

It seems that this game has finally come to an end for me, i feel completely cheated, i have spent hundreds of hours farming and working and playing trying to get to the top, and what now? A new map thats easy and gives great loot, im seriously loosing all inclination to play this game. The idea of progression is Harder Content=better loot, this doesnt follow that, this map is too easy, i enjoy that, having a better way to break into nightmare i am all for, but a map should not bring u from early myths to ultimate gear in a single run, i have only managed to find 1 ult armour out of my 700hrs playing, maybe only 20 sup. My first run i found 1 ult and 4 sup armour, for a complete afk fest. End game gear should be just that, end game. If i want to get the very best then i should have to verse super fast-super hard hitting 60mil hp ogres, but now whats the point, now it really has become a grind fest, at least before there was some progression, complete Magus Surv, move to throne room, completed it, move to misty, completed misty move to aqua, completed it move to talay or sky city. Now, breaking into nightmare, complete wave 1 for some myths, then once u have a set, complete the map for loads of myths and a great weapon, play survival and get trans sups and ults before wave 20. There is no progression sorry trendy, this is not how your game should be.

100% agree and im hoping that they fix this problem with a big nerf to loot on this map or a huge increase in difficulty
because it is easy for people who have played 200 hours or less to say that this is a good idea when they arent getting screwed like the higher end players

who gives a **** really. its free stop complaining and just play the damn game. dont like it go play something else instead of coming in here saying its too easy then complaining about the reward then onces its hard, its too hard. No one tells you to play it.

who gives a **** really. its free stop complaining and just play the damn game. dont like it go play something else instead of coming in here saying its too easy then complaining about the reward then onces its hard, its too hard. No one tells you to play it.

So basically you have no counter to the valid points people have been stating about why the map is broken and so you try and play it off by just saying "quit if you don't like it". Smooth.

For the last dlc i would expect a challenge for nm players i just started on nmhc and its almost afkable with only buff beams upgraded

You needed Buff Beams? :P

With Summoner and Harps it works as well ;)

The funniest thing about this is: When the first wave started, i had only defenses at one crystal, because I had to enjoy the map ;) then i ran up - set up one harp, got a little mana, set up other harps. Really, this map is great :)

Other nightmare maps are just, so hard you can't enjoy some things like the area, the sky :P

I've spent quite a lot of time gearing up before this. I'm past 3k on my squire, summoner and adept and near 3k on my monk and trapper. I don't feel cheated at all; it's not as though I lost anything. Just because it's easier to progress now doesn't suddenly make the time that I spent playing this game less fun. And I still have plenty of incentive to play other maps because as far as I know I can't get steam saws, monk wrenches, monkeys, sea horses, propeller cats, pet rocks and palantir accessories on this map.

It is nice to have a map where I can actually bring out a hunter or a mage without feeling like I'm using a peashooter and still find upgrades.

And those 60 million hp ogres on Sky City aren't fun. There just pointless annoying tower distracting meat shields. Run to point A, B and C while alternating between tower and hero boosts. Not to mention the good loot that falls into the abyss. And if I do farm this to the point of getting absurd stats and ruining the fun then it's my own fault.

It just seems like a lot of the complaints are a case of "New players are now going to have a much easier time getting good gear and I wont be at the top of the food chain and feel as 1337 anymore."

I've spent quite a lot of time gearing up before this. I'm past 3k on my squire, summoner and adept and near 3k on my monk and trapper. I don't feel cheated at all; it's not as though I lost anything. Just because it's easier to progress now doesn't suddenly make the time that I spent playing this game less fun. And I still have plenty of incentive to play other maps because as far as I know I can't get steam saws, monk wrenches, monkeys, sea horses, propeller cats, pet rocks and palantir accessories on this map.

It is nice to have a map where I can actually bring out a hunter or a mage without feeling like I'm using a peashooter and still find upgrades.

And those 60 million hp ogres on Sky City aren't fun. There just pointless annoying tower distracting meat shields. Run to point A, B and C while alternating between tower and hero boosts. Not to mention the good loot that falls into the abyss. And if I do farm this to the point of getting absurd stats and ruining the fun then it's my own fault.

It just seems like a lot of the complaints are a case of "New players are now going to have a much easier time getting good gear and I wont be at the top of the food chain and feel as 1337 anymore."

You still have not addressed the fact that progression is gone.

progression has been broken forever. That ain't an argument. I'm happy they finally stopped with the grinding aspect and gave people an easier way to break again in so they can have more fun on the other maps. Ergo actually play the other maps instead of having no chance or having to mindlessly grind before they can have a shot.

Would I have preferred that all the shard maps dropped the same loot, and that it wouldn't be so giganitically different from the base maps. Yes. Since then people could actually choose to do the maps and have fun instead of this unsocial grind for moon type of gameplay. It is just so meh.

Progression is still there probably. Part of progression is being able to beat the "big bad bosses" on several maps as well as the ultimate challenge from crystalline dimension.

I'm not exactly sure what progression was before other than play the game until insane becomes way too easy and then keep joining random nightmare games until you find someone nice enough to not kick you out right away and let you loot some gear or spend hours going from afk shop to afk shop until you can find one that sells something other 100^ trans weapons with 6 negative stats for 300 million just because they're transecendent.

progression has been broken forever. That ain't an argument. I'm happy they finally stopped with the grinding aspect and gave people an easier way to break again in so they can have more fun on the other maps. Ergo actually play the other maps instead of having no chance or having to mindlessly grind before they can have a shot.

Would I have preferred that all the shard maps dropped the same loot, and that it wouldn't be so giganitically different from the base maps. Yes. Since then people could actually choose to do the maps and have fun instead of this unsocial grind for moon type of gameplay. It is just so meh.

They didn't stop the grinding aspect. You still have to endlessly grind to have rng favor you.

Ya its free and that makes it even worse because now everyone has a map that is severely contributing to the unbalancing of this game

don't say that just cause it is free that it is a good thing.
if thay decided to make the cube a reward for a map it would become worthless in 5 seconds when people realize what will become of it and start panic selling. anyone that spent alot of time and effort into getting cubes would be screwed and that is the same thing that is happening here(to a lesser extent) people who have worked for hundreds of hours are about to have all their gear and weapons devalued because of the amount of people getting ult gear from this( i have already seen 4 ult Armour pieces in 3 runs to 30) and this is not fun. and ya you could say that those people can get even more ult gear from this but even doing that is smacking them in the face for farming all the gear they already have(that time will soon have been a waste)
There are many better ways of helping the newer players into nightmare mode but this journey from insane summit to taylay nm should span many maps yes i agree that it should be faster progression but i think its more fun doing 10 maps 10 times each on my way to high level gear than 1 map 10 times to get the best gear... what is the fun in finishing a game so quickly... whats the rush. as long as the game is changed so you are constantly progressing(slowly... but its happening) with the work you put in then there is no need for a map that gives the best stuff right away i guarantee the people who think this map is so great now are going to soon realize that all the other maps are boring now that there is no reason to do them and even this map is boring with no challenge ask yourself when was the last time you did a regular camp mission for fun(probably no recently) and that will be the same thing with the shards maps.. they will start to become more obsolete

@OP

Shut up, please.

For once i'm proud of what Trendy did here, i enjoy this map alot and i don't want to see it ruined just because you say it's too easy...

You can still go do CD NM HC if you are looking for a challenge, leave this map as it is.