Sign in to follow this  
Sicarius

New map is way to easy...

ITT: QQ TOO EASY

When cd was release- QQ TOO HARD FIX IT NAO

Overall ITEM DROP SUCKSS FIX! T.T This map has ult drop still complain.

I have never said anything about any map being too hard. All I have ever been upset about is game breaking bugs like djinn in sky desummoning behind walls. The item drop system does suck. This map doesn't fix that. Ults can drop all they want they still can have worse stats than trans and even myth items. That is what is wrong with it. I would be very happy if they lowered the drop rate even more on ults but had them drop with decent stats instead of being sold for mana.

There is a reason that even after seeing over 100 ults drop in surv runs We are still wearing only 3 across 15 characters. The stats are so bad they are not even worth picking up.

That wasn't the point. The point was that after hours of survival run not 1 ult/sup drops. Now it drops people still complain. Yeah they aint great but still.

Because they did not fix the problem people were complaining about.... Why would people stop complaining when their complaints were not answered....

Again, they completely messed up what they suposedly are trying to achieve. It does not fix the underlying issue of bridging the gap. There is no progression anymore, now you do an easy map to get good gear to be able to do hard maps that give worse gear. How does that make any sense at all. The gap can still be bridged if the item quality is lowered. There is no reason to do any other map now.

As for time VS reward. It still takes just as long as palantir or sky for a chance at 4 ****ty items. Something does need to be done about drop rates and time and effort invested. This is not the right answer.

It makes sense because the game is done. They will not be releasing any more content its a last free gift so we can keep playing as long as we are having fun. This map is fun so it will hold you for a bit then the game ends like all games do if you are bored now go play another game. If you are not bored or a new player this map will let everyone get rewarded with good stuff so every one can have fun till they are done with the game.

It makes sense because the game is done. They will not be releasing any more content its a last free gift so we can keep playing as long as we are having fun. This map is fun so it will hold you for a bit then the game ends like all games do if you are bored now go play another game. If you are nor bored or a new player this map will let everyone get rewarded with good stuff so every one can have fun till they are done with the game.

No what it does is substantially lower the amount of play time people will get out of the game. Instead of a 1000 game you now have a 50 hour game. So yes, esentially they "ended" their game. They made it so people will not quit faster then ever.

Because they did not fix the problem people were complaining about.... Why would people stop complaining when their complaints were not answered....

Still wasnt the point... you wouldnt understand. Join date is this month.

@sok wasnt directed at you. Just in general people complain if its too easy or too hard.

It makes sense because the game is done. They will not be releasing any more content its a last free gift so we can keep playing as long as we are having fun. This map is fun so it will hold you for a bit then the game ends like all games do if you are bored now go play another game. If you are not bored or a new player this map will let everyone get rewarded with good stuff so every one can have fun till they are done with the game.

What kind of logic is that. The game is over so lets let everyone new come play and only have to play 1 map to get the best gear. That seems like the wrong idea to get people to keep playing.

False information across the board. Trans gear is dropping like candy on survival. Hell, ultimate gear is practically dropping like candy on nmhc the way it is now. And if you think player damage is not important for beating nightmare content you clearly have never done any of the shard maps.

You just put words into my mouth, flat-out. Let me quote myself, as it's right above what you just said. "WEAPONS. In Nightmare! You know, like the least-substantial factor in clearing Nightmare content (outside of Assault stages.) Especially when playing solo." I said they were far less-important than towers, I didn't say they were "useless." I had a hell of a time beating the Kraken on NMHC solo, and without my DPS Monk and Seahorse it would have been impossible for me. But you're missing a key element here. You can't even make it to the boss, nor can your defenses hold up while you fight him, unless your tower stats are sound. Again, especially solo. This is even truer for Sky City. Try doing that stage with just DPS and less than four players.

I worked my *** off to clear everything prior to Shards IV on NMHC, solo, even though I have friends that I can play it with. I used absolutely zero weapons or gear from outside players or shops; I earned it all and made all the progression myself. And yes, I'm proud of that. Am I upset that newer players will find it slightly easier to do the same thing, thanks to the cool gear from King's Game? Hell no. THIS IS A COOPERATIVE GAME. We should be helping and encouraging each other to succeed, not merely competing to see who's "better." And if you happen to strictly play solo, well then by definition it shouldn't matter what other people are doing when they play.

It's not a matter of Trendy ruining the game or its progression for you, it's a matter of you deciding it's been ruined. There's a big difference. Again, as this is not a competitive game, the quality of gear (and ease to find it) cannot in itself dictate the quality of experience you have in the game. And nobody's saying the loot drops and progression from before this aren't messed up; they are. I'm always one to agree that they need to fix that stuff. STILL, this particular step is a good thing rather than a bad. As it seems they're not going to fix the issues with previous stages, regardless of how this new one operates, would you rather they do nothing at all to help the players succeed?

At this point, as far as I'm concerned, a so-called "lazy fix" is better than none at all. I had hit a wall where I wasn't finding much ambition to play anymore, since Shards IV came out. This could help change that, without making the game grossly easier by any means. I pray to God almighty that they don't pull a 180 on this, simply thanks to a couple super high-end players' complaints. It would be a disservice to the countless other people playing.

No what it does is substantially lower the amount of play time people will get out of the game. Instead of a 1000 game you now have a 50 hour game. So yes, esentially they "ended" their game. They made it so people will not quit faster then ever.

Okay, now there's some false information. If you are playing this game legitimately, and not being carried by friends or other players, it will still take you hundreds of hours to finish. And that's at the best estimate, assuming you go into it with loads of information prior. Zero experimentation, but rather knowing exactly what to do beforehand. It would still take you a three-digit number of hours to complete. Having easier access to slightly-better weapons and a fairer shot at armor won't change that one bit.

If you're looking to be carried by people that already have uber-stats, sure, you could cakewalk everything without having to lift a finger. That was true before this stage, and it's not one bit easier to do now. So sorry, you're wrong, the investment of game time has not changed one bit. Not for legit players, and not for people who want to be carried either. The amount of time you spend has always been determined by what YOU are willing to put into it, how much of a challenge you both want and allow, and etc.

@sok wasnt directed at you. Just in general people complain if its too easy or too hard.

I understood your point fine. I was pointing out that one of your examples was wrong and you should probably remove it since it subtracts from your message.

And the constant barrage of harder and harder hardcore geared levels/patches didn't? I don't see many other casual players left on this board. At least not many that are vocal about being casual. :P (yes I know that last bit doesn't necessarily prove anything) In fact, because of the difficulty in catching up as a casual player, I left the game for a large period of time.

Yes, I'll admit the level is imbalanced, this should be a stepping stone rather than a shortcut. Yes, the RNG still needs to be fixed. But frankly, this is now closer to the game I bought at launch. A fun game that everyone has a shot at endgame. Besides, like others have said before, gear is only part of the game, there is much to be said about skill. I can't simply use the same strategies I used when I first started.

I am not saying you are wrong, just that this level is a breath of fresh air. This is a video game after all. So what if I end up playing less time (say several hundred rather than several thousand), chances are real life stuff will push this to the side sooner or later.

The better question would be, why am I debating this and not playing it atm. XP

PS-You'd be surprised how long some casual players will play some games. ;) Sometimes its just a matter of how spread out one plays.

Edit: Woa, alot of people just posted, I probably should have quoted. XP

What kind of logic is that. The game is over so lets let everyone new come play and only have to play 1 map to get the best gear. That seems like the wrong idea to get people to keep playing.

Just a quick question. Are you under the belief that everyone plays games only to get the best gear?

Wait, so people who have a Join Date on the forums of this month, can't have played the game for longer than this month alone? Hmm..

Just a quick question. Are you under the belief that everyone plays games only to get the best gear?

Again this is not the point. The point is there is no progression left in the game. I am completely fine that the level is easy and a stepping stone for people to get into nightmare. What I am not ok with is it being an easy map that drops better gear than harder maps. Making the progression of doing easier things first to be good enough for harder things non existent. This does not fix the problem, instead it puts a band-aid on the bad loot system that this game currently has.

Another thing to understand too is that Dungeon Defenders is pretty much at the end of its life as far as new content goes. Maybe down the road we might see another map or two, but it's apparent that Trendy is moving onto other projects.

Anyone who posts here regularly and has all their characters with 2.5k+ stats, how long did it take you to get there? I can say that for me the answer is way too damn long.

As much fun as I had with this game, progression is broken. It's always been broken (or at least since nightmare was introduced) and it was going to end that way too. And if it's going to be broken, I'd rather have it be too easy than too difficult. Trendy is not going to devote the time or resources to sorting out the loot drops as they have other projects to focus on, so I think it's much better that we have a huge bridge from insane to nightmare rather than no bridge at all.

Do you think that people that are just picking up the game today are going to want to spend 500+ hours to complete all the content? Or scour afk shops or compete with mana hackers to buy the best gear on the forums? Doubtful.

And good gear is not an instant win anyways. I've seen people with uber hacked gear not be able to complete the campaign maps just because they don't understand basic tower placement; likewise I've seen guides on the forums of people completing Aqua NMCHMM survival with 1.5k stats.

What you are missing is that this map was not put out to continue the monotonous farming, but to rejuvenate the life and fun of the game. It was built for the jester and for throwing out presents and get random towers and to have fun for all people. It was put out as a gift for free so that all the people that don't like to buy the DLC can have fun with it as well. YOU CAN NOT beat any NM HC MM maps without the EV and Summoner but what about the people that don't have those classes that want to get gear and all they can out of this great game? Now they can a map you don't need all the other PAID DLC to beat and be able to get Higher then Myth Gear. This map was a gift and one to be enjoyed by all. Yet all you people prove why most company's don't put out free content anymore because you don't appreciate it. Well i do and i think this map is perfect in every way.Now lets hope the ungrateful members of the community dosnt ruin what this map is and how its supposed to be.

Thank you Trendy, For the hard work and the great game, And especially for the free map that looks amazing and is by far one of the best maps to date. Thanks for the free Class its awesome and cant wait to see what your next project will be.

You just put words into my mouth, flat-out. Let me quote myself, as it's right above what you just said. "WEAPONS. In Nightmare! You know, like the least-substantial factor in clearing Nightmare content (outside of Assault stages.) Especially when playing solo." I said they were far less-important than towers, I didn't say they were "useless." I had a hell of a time beating the Kraken on NMHC solo, and without my DPS Monk and Seahorse it would have been impossible for me. But you're missing a key element here. You can't even make it to the boss, nor can your defenses hold up while you fight him, unless your tower stats are sound. Again, especially solo. This is even truer for Sky City. Try doing that stage with just DPS and less than four players.

I worked my *** off to clear everything prior to Shards IV on NMHC, solo, even though I have friends that I can play it with. I used absolutely zero weapons or gear from outside players or shops; I earned it all and made all the progression myself. And yes, I'm proud of that. Am I upset that newer players will find it slightly easier to do the same thing, thanks to the cool gear from King's Game? Hell no. THIS IS A COOPERATIVE GAME. We should be helping and encouraging each other to succeed, not merely competing to see who's "better." And if you happen to strictly play solo, well then by definition it shouldn't matter what other people are doing when they play.

It's not a matter of Trendy ruining the game or its progression for you, it's a matter of you deciding it's been ruined. There's a big difference. Again, as this is not a competitive game, the quality of gear (and ease to find it) cannot in itself dictate the quality of experience you have in the game. And nobody's saying the loot drops and progression from before this aren't messed up; they are. I'm always one to agree that they need to fix that stuff. STILL, this particular step is a good thing rather than a bad. As it seems they're not going to fix the issues with previous stages, regardless of how this new one operates, would you rather they do nothing at all to help the players succeed?

At this point, as far as I'm concerned, a so-called "lazy fix" is better than none at all. I had hit a wall where I wasn't finding much ambition to play anymore, since Shards IV came out. This could help change that, without making the game grossly easier by any means. I pray to God almighty that they don't pull a 180 on this, simply thanks to the small (yet vocal) group of super high-end players.

First of all, I disagree that weapons are the least substantial factor, as I stated before. You can't get to the boss without good towers, fine. You can't beat the level without good dps. Either way you fail, making each of equal importance.

Second, progression has been ruined. Its not an opinion. Its not a personal decision. Its been ruined. You can get the best items in the game by doing one easy map. No progression exists because there is no where to progress to. Also, This IS a competitive game, whether you like it or not. At least on ranked, that is why its called "ranked". People are constantly competing with one another, whether its to sell their items over someone elses, get rank 1 on a certain map, or maybe win at pvp. Sure, you don't have to compete if you don't want to. But that doesn't make the game non competitive, and people WILL compete with you whether you want them to or not.

Last, you still are ignoring the fact that you made false claims earlier about gear not dropping that much on the new map when it fact it is.

Another thing to understand too is that Dungeon Defenders is pretty much at the end of its life as far as new content goes. Maybe down the road we might see another map or two, but it's apparent that Trendy is moving onto other projects.

Anyone who posts here regularly and has all their characters with 2.5k+ stats, how long did it take you to get there? I can say that for me the answer is way too damn long.

As much fun as I had with this game, progression is broken. It's always been broken (or at least since nightmare was introduced) and it was going to end that way too. And if it's going to be broken, I'd rather have it be too easy than too difficult. Trendy is not going to devote the time or resources to sorting out the loot drops as they have other projects to focus on, so I think it's much better that we have a huge bridge from insane to nightmare rather than no bridge at all.

Do you think that people that are just picking up the game today are going to want to spend 500+ hours to complete all the content? Or scour afk shops or compete with mana hackers to buy the best gear on the forums? Doubtful.

And good gear is not an instant win anyways. I've seen people with uber hacked gear not be able to complete the campaign maps just because they don't understand basic tower placement; likewise I've seen guides on the forums of people completing Aqua NMCHMM survival with 1.5k stats.

I feel like I am talking to brick walls. This does nothing to alleviate the problem with drops. You are still going to have to farm just as much to hope rng favors you. Only thing this does is allow you to bypass other harder maps(making the game have zero progresison) if you are lucky and get drops. You will still have to farm and farm and farm to get good gear.

Also I don't know why we think its ok that trendy has basically said F off to everyone's biggest problem with the game after selling dlc after dlc. Why can they not work to fix a problem that has been in the game for the last 6+ months instead of putting a bad band-aid over the problem.

What you are missing is that this map was not put out to continue the monotonous farming, but to rejuvenate the life and fun of the game. It was built for the jester and for throwing out presents and get random towers and to have fun for all people. It was put out as a gift for free so that all the people that don't like to buy the DLC can have fun with it as well. YOU CAN NOT beat any NM HC MM maps without the EV and Summoner but what about the people that don't have those classes that want to get gear and all they can out of this great game? Now they can a map you don't need all the other PAID DLC to beat and be able to get Higher then Myth Gear. This map was a gift and one to be enjoyed by all. Yet all you people prove why most company's don't put out free content anymore because you don't appreciate it. Well i do and i think this map is perfect in every way.Now lets hope the ungrateful members of the community dosnt ruin what this map is and how its supposed to be.

Thank you Trendy, For the hard work and the great game, And especially for the free map that looks amazing and is by far one of the best maps to date. Thanks for the free Class its awesome and cant wait to see what your next project will be.

Ungrateful? I have bought every single dlc this game has put out and immensely enjoyed playing it. I would of bought the dlc if it wasn't free either to support a company that I truly like. That does not mean I can not be mad when they do something I do not agree with. Or that I should not voice my opinion.

I feel like I am talking to brick walls. This does nothing to alleviate the problem with drops. You are still going to have to farm just as much to hope rng favors you. Only thing this does is allow you to bypass other harder maps if you are lucky and get drops. You will still have to farm and farm and farm to get good gear.

Also I don't know why we think its ok that trendy has basically said F off to everyone's biggest problem with the game after selling dlc after dlc. Why can they not work to fix a problem that has been in the game for the last 6+ months instead of putting a bad band-aid over the problem.

Because they have bigger things to worry about? They do have to make money, and dundef cant to this forever. It's either spend hours upon hours balancing then re-balancing once the first balancing is found to be flawed or work on their next big project that they seem so exited about.

Anywho, this is the internet, neither side will win here. I'm gonna go play Dungeon Defenders. :)

No, what you are missing is that all this did was shorten the amount of time anyone would ever play this game for substantially, meaning you get less fun out of the game. I mean, by the way you write that last line it even seems like you are acknowledging the game is over now and might as well quit.

Ungrateful? I have bought every single dlc this game has put out and immensely enjoyed playing it. I would of bought the dlc if it wasn't free either to support a company that I truly like. That does not mean I can not be mad when they do something I do not agree with. Or that I should not voice my opinion.

Another quick question. Do you feel that you are the voice of the entire community? And if not, then why is your opinion more important then that of those that disagree with you?

If people dont want to pay for dlc then they cant get the best stuff... simple as that but now that they have made this map everyone can get all the stuff they need from 1 map. so now what is the point of playing any other map?? instead of making farming really easy on 1 map they should have fixed the ol maps so that you can rogress and each new level offers beter gear until you reach taylay/sky city nmhcmm surv for the best loot... thats the way it should work but no they would rather ruin progression in hopes that the new players in a fit of excitement of getting good gear will but the existing dlc to suck the last bit of money out of this game before they "work on other projects" ... tat just means they are going to make a new game and repeat the process until that game too is sucked clean of profits... instead of leaving DD why not work to improve it. but unfortunately the people behind these games are all about money and it isnt profitable to help the players anymore

Another quick question. Do you feel that you are the voice of the entire community? And if not, then why is your opinion more important then that of those that disagree with you?

His opinion is not more important, but the opinions of many people in this thread are based on false information and therefore are wrong and he is simply pointing out the mistakes you all are making in your logic.

But when you get mad at a company "You Like" For building a map or game a way you didn't like how do you claim to truly like them. They built this game and this map with their intentions in mind. What makes you more qualified to tell them they did it wrong just because your idea of fun is grind grind grind. Back to the ungrateful comment you complain that a free map with a free class because its too easy to get good gear. Well what about the people who haven't been playing from the beginning the ones who cant experience all the fun are you say screw them everything should be harder because you had to work harder for your gear? You sir are being ungrateful to not just trendy by crying about the free map but also to all the new community members for trying to ruin their fun and experience with this game.

But when you get mad at a company "You Like" For building a map or game a way you didn't like how do you claim to truly like them. They built this game and this map with their intentions in mind. What makes you more qualified to tell them they did it wrong just because your idea of fun is grind grind grind. Back to the ungrateful comment if you complain that a free map with a free class because its too easy to get good gear. Well what about the people who haven't been playing from the beginning the ones who cant experience all the fun are you say screw them everything should be harder because you had to work harder for your gear? You sir are being ungrateful to not just trendy by crying about the free map but also to all the new community members for trying to ruin their fun and experience with this game.

This does nothing to alleviate the "grind grind grind" which I have stated many times but everyone seems to gloss over. You are still missing the point.

This does nothing to alleviate the "grind grind grind" which I have stated many times but everyone seems to gloss over. You are still missing the point.

That was one small point in my large statement and it dose because a new person just playing dose not need nearly as good gear or as many characters leveled up to complete this map therefor reducing the grind and time they need to put in by a lot to get to level of trans and higher. Think before you type.