Sign in to follow this  
Ice

Patch Discussion 7.40

You can't move auras. I haven't tried traps yet. Is this supposed to be the correct functionality?

It's being fixed in the upcoming patch for you :)

Working as intended. The presents stay the same however if you upgrade them and they spawn as tower they come with those upgrades.

I don't understand... they come with which upgrades ?

And do these upgrades dissapear as well when you move them?

EDIT: I see this is being fixed...

got the Fortuna roll where you can't repair, how long is this supposed to last??? few waves now and I still can't repair, had to get back on my monk... *rollseyes*

I've heard that "The King's Game" is going to get harder, and I'm glad I've heard that. In case that was a joke or an incorrect rumor, I think that it should be a lot harder.

With 4 people, we literally built for 2 waves on NM HC, and then afked for the ENTIRETY of the remaining waves. Between wave 9 through 14, not a single defense was repaired at all and not a single defense came near destruction except a couple auras, and they were still standing pretty well anyway. Then we did it again, and didn't even use minions. AFKed for 5 waves straight. For the amazing rewards and groundbreaking experience rate of about 24,000,000 experience for a single run in NM HC, I think this level is way too easy.

That's not all. I have some suggestions for changes to the tiles. First off, some of the rewards for stepping on a tile are too good for how often you can find and step on them. It should be only 2 or 3 random tiles on the floor at a time. With 2 people doing routine tile runs, you can easily hit a tile every 2.5 to 3 seconds. Sure there are some negative effects like "Ouch" and "Up up and away!", but a lot of times you get free mana, free hp, blow up all the spiders/ogres/djinns/etc, upgrade all of your defenses to 3-star, or even get an extra 10 DU. That's some crazy good rewards that we can get every 3 seconds. Either make the tiles random on the floor (don't know where the next one is), or make more negative effects to go along with the OP good effects.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm addicted to climbing. I love to see how high I can get. Just when you're about put on your brag-face and scream Hallelujah at the top of the world... OOPS.. That block isn't solid, and you just fell to your death. To mend my every-growing frustration on this matter, please make more solid tiles so that we have something to do while our towers effortless rape the mobs without ever needing repair.

----

AS FOR THE JESTER!

He's pretty balanced. Even though the luck-oriented towers won't seem to play a big role in future builds, I think that a DPS/Support Jester is already a valid class. I like that the Wheel of Fortuna has a small skill element, and a pro at it can be a godsend to the party. I appreciate the large amount of speed and HP the jester has, and his DPS, though rather unimpressive, is appropriate. For that, I commend you on good balancing.

I think that when looking at a small present VS an extravagant present, I don't see enough size difference. I would like small presents to be smaller, and extravagant presents to be larger in size.

Finally... We've all giggled over it... What is with the running animation of the Jester? It looks weird, and funny, but overall just wrong. I'd like to see a running animation that looks a little more human and realistic.

Thank you for your reading and consideration,
THz

I must be the first person using the new patch, as I was reading this forum, saw that there still hadn't been an update, went to start DD, and there was the update, then refreshed the forum page and saw it had updated in the minute between. :/

Lol update came in late! 5 minutes before it got out i managed to do aquanos NM HC (last map i needed with HC), and used the jester trick to finish it off. AH TRENDY IN YOUR FACE! :D

Picked the right moment to do it :P

ffs... when I am finally home to start doing that kings map so I'm past the hump they put out the patch letting me meet the wall again...

sigh... why do I even bother hoping that they finally solve the progressionproblems...

Has anyone else noticed a massive drop in damage on some of the squire's towers with this patch? I am not sure of exact numbers, but my friends and I tested on all our squires, and the damage appears to be somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 the damage it was before the patch. This is on the harpoon and the bowling ball turrets, it appears. Testing on the training dummies, the bouncer blockade now does more DPS than the harpoon, and that just isn't right, is it? I looked in the patch notes, and didn't see anything about this huge of nerf... Bug, maybe?

Sometimes I'll walk over a tile and nothing will happen, but the sparks will show saying that I activated the tile.

The 7.40b patch was supposed to fix the problem of not being able to move auras with a large radius. We still can't move mine. These are auras with an effective range of 22-23 and change. I can't even select them when they are not upgraded at a 14 range. Any clues?

Has anyone else noticed a massive drop in damage on some of the squire's towers with this patch? I am not sure of exact numbers, but my friends and I tested on all our squires, and the damage appears to be somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 the damage it was before the patch. This is on the harpoon and the bowling ball turrets, it appears. Testing on the training dummies, the bouncer blockade now does more DPS than the harpoon, and that just isn't right, is it? I looked in the patch notes, and didn't see anything about this huge of nerf... Bug, maybe?

Confirmed nothing has changed. If anything you maybe seeing active tower builder bonus. If you're the character that built the tower you get a buff to your tower damage. Also the bouncer blockade has done more damage than harpoon for quite a while now. This is correct because the bouncer doesn't move and so the damage it can do is better. Plus it does usually die over time thanks to kobolds so it's not that over powered vs the harpoon that can pierce through an entire line of enemies.

The 7.40b patch was supposed to fix the problem of not being able to move auras with a large radius. We still can't move mine. These are auras with an effective range of 22-23 and change. I can't even select them when they are not upgraded at a 14 range. Any clues?

The moving of auras selection now happens in center instead of the outside so just make sure you're closer to the center and same level of the aura and you should be able to select it.

Question for devs:

What does a 15% reduction in difficulty actually MEAN? 15% of WHAT? Enemy health% Enemy damage? Enemy health and damage? Enemy health, damage, and number of enemies?

I'm just curious as to what actually got cut by 15%.

My game seems stuck on 7.3c, and I can't figure out how to patch it. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game to force it but
nothing. Does anyone know how to force the update? It's very lonely on trendy net...

**Figured it out. Ignore this.

^

steam->library->right click dungeon defenders-> properties->local content->verify integrity of the game cache

EDIT; it actually says that in the OP lol

Cipher

Thanks for the reply. Tried this already and nothing happened after verifying the integrity of the game cache, it just said "Yep, we know your files are screwy and need to be reacquired." I figured out you have to actually log out of steam and back in for the update to take place, so problem solved!

7.40c
* Fixed Case where Giraffes would not drop upon completion of NMHCMM King's Game.

Just finished NMHC King's Game. It now rewards ONLY a giraffe. Complete waste of time.

Question for devs:

What does a 15% reduction in difficulty actually MEAN? 15% of WHAT? Enemy health% Enemy damage? Enemy health and damage? Enemy health, damage, and number of enemies?

I'm just curious as to what actually got cut by 15%.

This again. I'd really like to hear how they cut "difficulty".

This again. I'd really like to hear how they cut "difficulty".

There is a small chance that it is the "placebo effect." But knowing trendy, it can be anything.

There is a small chance that it is the "placebo effect." But knowing trendy, it can be anything.

It would be nice to know, I doubt it's a placebo. It would help people understand how they play test this stuff to know what amounts to "difficulty".