• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, you know that there will more than likely be a small number of people that will join the match and move all the towers just to 'troll'. If anything though, maybe give the owner of the tower a small notification that someone once to move your tower. You can confirm/deny with a hit of a button. So long that the notification isn't obnoxiously filling the screen that is.

Yeah, you know that there will more than likely be a small number of people that will join the match and move all the towers just to 'troll'. If anything though, maybe give the owner of the tower a small notification that someone once to move your tower. You can confirm/deny with a hit of a button. So long that the notification isn't obnoxiously filling the screen that is.

To be fair, if people want to troll they can just as easily sell towers. Moving them may go unnoticed a bit longer though.

You just can't build a game that completely abolishes griefing. A notification (much like selling towers) would go a long way in helping the players deal with them though. A yes or no box would become annoying quite fast when you have to move two or three towers during the battle phase.

[quote]Some of these concerns will be addressed in today's Jester Sneak Peek livestream. (5 p.m. to 7 p.m. EDT.) [/quote]

On an unrelated note, I do approve of "trendy friday fun", but trendy sunday/saturday fun just sounds off. How about you turn it into the "trendy sunday showdown"? Or maybe some "trendy saturday sillyness"?

To be fair, if people want to troll they can just as easily sell towers. Moving them may go unnoticed a bit longer though.

You just can't build a game that completely abolishes griefing. A notification (much like selling towers) would go a long way in helping the players deal with them though. A yes or no box would become annoying quite fast when you have to move two or three towers during the battle phase.

On an unrelated note, I do approve of "trendy friday fun", but trendy sunday/saturday fun just sounds off. How about you turn it into the "trendy sunday showdown"? Or maybe some "trendy saturday sillyness"?

We'll keep that in mind!

Can always have a box as host where you can allow specific people to build/ manipulate defenses. And make a initial join standard of not able to change something.

Should not be a problem, and wouldn't allow greaving.

does any1 know already when it will be out for [PS 3] ?

Like the other new hero classes i would imagine this will not be ported to consoles due to the various restrictions of the platforms and markets.

does any1 know already when it will be out for [PS 3] ?

After shards 4, it's likely consoles will never get any new content - no new classes, maps or costumes.

There's a whole bunch of reasons, but the core ones are these two:

1) Microsoft limit the size of indie games on their market. With the four Eternia Shards DLC, Dungeon Defenders hits this limit.
2) Microsoft's contract means that Trendy likely can't release any content for the PS3 version of the game that isn't on the Xbox 360 version - which Trendy can't update due to reason 1.

if you want to blame anyone, blame the way Microsoft handle indie games on their market.

For the past week or so, I have had the same concerns as the author did. After seeing some of the Jester livestream, I am even more disappointed.

First of all, the ability to move towers should be something that every hero should have, not just the Jester. The decision to make an entire class for the sole purpose of moving towers is terrible game design. Very disappointed that Trendy did that.

Although, it doesn't really matter since the Trendy devs apparently didn't make it so that the towers keep their upgrades when moved. What's the point then? I would be much better off selling and rebuilding my tower. At least then I could move it anywhere on the map that I want, and I don't get the significant (25%) reduction to tower stats for using a different character than who built the tower.

The three towers she has are useless because they're random. I always thought it would be useless since every map needs a specific setup to complete. We can't mess around with random towers. But we learned two new facts about the towers that make them even more useless than I originally imagined:

1. The possibility that they can spawn additional enemies, garbage loot, or other useless things.
2. If set up during the combat phase, they need to take damage before they will open. An enemy already needs to be attacking your tower before it is even set up? Wow...

Her second ability was the only thing I thought MIGHT redeem her, but, again, that hope was crushed by the livestream. Apparently we need to play a slot game in order to get the effects. As the dev demonstrated in the livestream, it isn't easy to win this slot game, which means that most of the time you will just be wasting mana when you try to use that ability.

I am disappointed.

disappointed

That's a lot of words used to just sound like a dissapointed parent, and a brilliant game designer.

Big part of jester is the fun factor. Are you 100% sure moving towers removes the upgrades? Giving every hero that ability? But what hotkey would they use? Would that even be possible without putting in hours upon hours? Making mobs attack the presents to open them (only if not built in the build phase) is just fine.

Keep in mind this hero is all about the fun factor. I'm quite sure I'm going to enjoy this free hero. A lot. Stay away from balance discussion untill you actually know numbers. Can't call her the most underpowered class without sounding... hasty. Don't be hasty.

I think as a courtesy rule, you shouldn't join a game with a jester and will ask first when switching to jester with your intentions. Otherwise, I kick jesters on sight in a random game without any regrets.

Excuse me for my English, it might not all be completely correct...

Why not make the Jester the best dps-class? What I understood from the stream was that the jester has a better dps (and pet) scaling then the App, but the monk is still better. So why would someone choose the jester over the monk for pure-dps? A monk still has better dps, not the mention hero and tower boost.

The jester kinda falls short on every department right now. It's not the best dps-class and her towers are completely random. No one is going to place the presents near the crystals because of the chance a ogre might come out of it, not even counting the fact that something good could still be useless. Tower moving is great, but also too situational. The chances of a sharken moving a defense is pretty low with a good build.

Her wheel of fortune isn't what I expected it to be (I thought you would have no control over it), but it looks promising. It doesn't look all that hard to get an instant upgrade (instant 3-stars?). This also means it's chances of gold mobs is really low - who would deliberately pick 3 goblins?

So why not make the jester a pure/the highest dps-class, while those presents and abilities are for fun (which they are)? This way she will be way more valuable for parties because she has highest dps. People will still use a monk for his hero and tower boost and high dps, and a barbarian for his turtle/heal/hawk-stance. The jester looks like a lot of fun, but if I'm playing solo there's basically nothing that stop me from choosing the superior monk for his dps.

Cheers \o/

Although I would have liked to see the last to tower slots used, I think the jester will be fun.

But really, no matter how they designed the character people would be upset. They make it a serious tower character and people will be upset about the game being imbalanced for it (and that it's "pay to win"). They make it a purely optional fun character and people complain that it doesn't affect the game enough.

I think as a courtesy rule, you shouldn't join a game with a jester and will ask first when switching to jester with your intentions. Otherwise, I kick jesters on sight in a random game without any regrets.

Tbh this is going to happen a lot.
As i thought the jester don't bring much to the game besides randomness,so i would expect a lot of public online kicking towards ppl who want to use that char.
randomness and using your du when you need it for your build = kicked.

I know i would kick if i hosted and someone joined with the jester.
And i never normally kick anyone if i fancy playing online for a bit.
(very rare i do host though as i like to solo more.So wont effect me much tbh.)

On the bright side the map looks good though.

The one question I didn't see answered in the stream (didn't see the whole thing tho):

If Jester can equip all weapons, I assume all weapon types will drop when one is in play. Won't that severely decrease the armors that will drop?

Kaaaaaaaa. Jester has to replace me dps app now since she is stronger. xP App becoming more, and more usless. All I have to do is master her WoF which shouldn't take that long and spam the damage all enemies. Lots of other games has a fast slot reel then she does.

But wait! It might not work. xP

Edit: I guess that is to make sure people who find slot reels easy to learn to prevent them from spamming it and making a map that much easier.

Tbh this is going to happen a lot.
As i thought the jester don't bring much to the game besides randomness,so i would expect a lot of public online kicking towards ppl who want to use that char.
randomness and using your du when you need it for your build = kicked.

I know i would kick if i hosted and someone joined with the jester.
And i never normally kick anyone if i fancy playing online for a bit.
(very rare i do host though as i like to solo more.So wont effect me much tbh.)

On the bright side the map looks good though.

Keep in mind that there will be dps jesters out there (like i plan to be). jesters, according to the stream, scale very well in damage. Then, take into mind that you could have that same jester master the wheel of fortune. Not only do you have a great dps hero on your side, but one that can make things easier as well. Be sure to look at their stats and figure out their play style before kicking.

Definitely going to be fun. I'll definitely have a DPS Jester. Might do a builder Jester, might not. but that damage scaling and tower moving. Going to be very handy.

What are we talking here. Comparable to: ?

From what I can remember, its still below the monk, but still is better than most, if not all, other classes

Really?
Jesus, people are kick happy.