Any other News beside Jester?

Hello,

I'm just wonder if Trendy has been working/planned anything about RNG or CD? I know working on the Jester must have been time draining, but for the past couple of weeks I've seen A LOT of Threads about the RNG (people playing NMHC and get just zero to none great rewards for their time and work) and CD boss bugs and other bugs. Yet, I've not seen an Official respond about these issues.

I really do love this game, mostly because when an issue come up, Trendy will answer within a snap and fix it (or try their best, *Djinn on Sky city* =3) Even if the answer is "We can not do anything about it or We look into ways to make it better but came into a lot of issues" as long as it doesn't seems the community is being ignored.

99.9% sure they don't see the broken RNG as a bug, when it clearly is. I've run Aquanos NM HC wave 1-30 about 12 times, Misty NM HC 1-30 about 18 times, and Sky City about 4 times. Not once did I ever get an upgrade for any of my characters, and a lot of my characters are still wearing junky myth. I get random is random but when it can happen at this consistent of a nonstop frequency it IS broken. The community has called the RNG to Trendy's attention in the past and they've always ignored the topic.

I've recently quit the game because to progress you need to trade with people for decent armor, and people want at least 2 cubes for even a crappy trans tower set. I'm done wasting my time personally. Was really hoping to get to a point where I could get my super legendary costumes but what's the point when end-game ends up taking 100+ hours for a slim chance of one minor upgrade unless you somehow muster up hundreds of tokens/a handful of cubes?

I might check Jester out a bit but beyond that I just give up. I loved this game until I hit NM HC survival on the lost eternia maps.

I just don't understand the time invested into the game doesn't really give you better rewards. Even when I played Pokemon Blue ,my days, if you try rushing to beat the game you'll get crashed, but put time into it, level up, look at every room, corner and you are rewarded greatly. (Maybe a better explain with other games =3)

DD it feels like all the time I put in doesn't come out. When I first play on Xbox I understood the basic and saw no matter what I did I couldn't get must farther (because of the RAM with Xbox and all) So I switch to PC and just fell more in love with the game. But I'm still wearing the same Myth/Tran/ 2 pieces of sup for months now. All I play is NMHC and it may as well be insane form the rewards you gain.

Even trying to beat CD on NMHC, after making a build, getting it down to a science and fighting the boss. You're not thinking about survival and beating the boss, I'm more worry about the reward. Every game I have played (back to PS) has where you spend time and do something difficult you reward WILL be great. Another Ex. yesterday was playing FF7 and working a good bit just to get a Gold Choco and beat Emblem Weapon (7777 =3) for better items to help with beat the game.

This game is great, but I really want an Official answer. I don't want this game to be like MapleStory (Played LONG ago and recently) where they don't fix anything but keep adding new stuff to try hiding it.

You are absolutely correct with the RNG, it has gotten so bad that its almost set too high or something. Ever since Sky City, Rewards have been horrible. I remember consistently getting on average 1 supreme armor piece per aquanos survival nmhcmm prior to Sky City. Now since then, I average 1 piece per 15-20 runs of aquanos survival. I don't need to have upgrades every survival I run, but when you don't even get a chance for an upgrade in 50-100 survival runs, it is really depressing.

Please Trendy, look into this... its going to kill your game if progression doesn't get fixed.

RNG = Random Number Generator

The randoms on this game with the drops is broken. There are so many If's working against you, and with how high the randoms are since ultimate, you get even worse drops than before. Prior to ultimate, supreme dropped more often, and even prior to supreme good trans was more common.

This is the problem.

Edit:
What I suggest for the fix is... Do randoms after selecting quality (by random), and base that random range between the acceptable number range for that quality.

So for example, ultimate may have a 1 in 10000 chance of spawning per enemy kill, and supreme might have 5 in 10000 (1:2000), trans greater than supreme, and of course each map/difficulty has these percentages set in them. Once the Quality is chosen by the random, now choose the random range (based on map/difficulties also) and then the item is chosen with its values. This would help prevent 70% of the drops on wave 30+ on nmhc/nmhcmm from being godly or worse.

Another one of the problems is that weapons should not be able to spawn with missing projectiles. I got an ultimate monk wrench with ridiculously amazing stats and 368^ (the likes of which I'll never see again). It's unusable because it has no extra projectiles and is too small to be made into a melee weapon.

even before sky city was out ive done countless runs and barely got one supreme per run off aqua nm hc mm

haven't got to play sky city yet and see how the loot is and rng

but it always been messed up

even before sky city was out ive done countless runs and barely got one supreme per run off aqua nm hc mm

haven't got to play sky city yet and see how the loot is and rng

but it always been messed up

I understand how you feel about that. For the past couple of days I've been forcing myself to play in hope I get upgrades. But it always end in just bittersweet frustration. Really, I understand game should be a bit frustration, but I don't think that frustration should be in finding upgrades/rewards if you playing on the Hardest mode in the game.

Edit: 353 views =3 Someone at Trendy has to be looking and listening.

I read somewhere on the forum, trendy said, they didn't do anything to the RNG, its fine there's nothing changed/wrong with it.
I think to get this across we will need video Proof of this. i would do it myself but im running on a bad comp, ( Insane Solo of crystaline demension makes my FPS drop below 15 FPS)
Maybe if some1 was to Live Stream/Record a run and show how broken the RNG is Trendy might see the light.

I just think Trendy may assume the RNG is okay, Insane and lower difficult. I know they can fix certain ranges of numbers depends on difficulty and map. New Map, New Mobs, Mobs get stronger and stronger, but we are still using toy gear at the mercy of wide ranges of randomness.

I read somewhere on the forum, trendy said, they didn't do anything to the RNG, its fine there's nothing changed/wrong with it.
I think to get this across we will need video Proof of this. i would do it myself but im running on a bad comp, ( Insane Solo of crystaline demension makes my FPS drop below 15 FPS)
Maybe if some1 was to Live Stream/Record a run and show how broken the RNG is Trendy might see the light.

They didnt really have to mess with the RNG to screw things up. Its already generating values higher than it was originally intended for, and that can easilly roll over if they havent properly compensated for it (as we see with block% and such), and its also possible that another bit of completely unrelated code is messing things up somehow.

And yeah, they have proven they dont care enough to properly test the RNG. The one 'test' we have is Ice doing one run each on two different patches, looking at the wave mana values, and declaring it 'within reasonable RNG'. One test is not going to give you real results on if your RNG is working propperly, especially if your only looking at the mana values and not the actual items (because the game obviously values items very differently than players).

I think roll over is a factor for sure on the quality issue.

I am getting over all better quality drops out of Magus than Mystmire.

Adding HC to NM ups quality then add MM for an other upgrade.

It seems if other factors are high like map quality of loot the game just gets confused. Magus drops at least 85% myths with reasonable mana values and even some decent stats + the RARE trans drop.

I get mainly Cursed, Torn and low grade Godly items from Mystmire.

The forest is not the hardest place in the game yet it IS considerably harder the Campaign levels.

Which is why they added a quality boost to the map in the first place.

I even got higher mana value on late level Deeper Well than Mystmire forest usually gives.

Yet other times the forest will drop an entire matching set of godly gear at the same time that can hit 2k+stats!

I also found my 1 piece of supreme armor in a chest on Mystmire so range is odd as HELL for certain!

I had a Godly set that was on par with my current TRANS set and sold it off because of all the cries around the place screaming about hacked items report a player and get them permanently banned.

That is a different matter to many yet the insane RNG factors directly into that in my book.

The game often drops items with uniformed matching stats often on weapons that are 2-3 times the size of your hero.
Matching numbers and super sized weapons are 2 of the warning signs of hacked gear.

Yet range dose it all the time often both on the same weapon.

Since I sold my Godly set to the tavern several months ago I have found out that Trendy only goes after those with mega stats that are painfully obviously hacked.

I have been at the merciless mercy of range since then trying to regain the power I had from assorted MM forest drops.

That place was dropping TRANS quality drops as godly items before trans came out!

Supreme with sub godly stats? Godly with low level trans stats? Brutal NM HC survivals with almost all sub godly drops?

I have NO technical experience and know diddly squat about coding but it is painfully obvious something is WRONG!

My point is not only dose the random is random BS not only cause annoyance it also causes great paranoia and yes even fear in players!

I see new players here on the forums with LOW level Myths worried that they might be hacked and having a full blown panic attack just because it has no negatives on it!

So many people freak cause they get a myth armor with 120 to each stat 10 to all 4 resists and 1 of one that must be hacked after all.

Hitmonchan recently asked what Trendy could do to help with the community paranoia over hacked gear.
Well step one PLEASE Take a concise detailed look at the RNG and fix it!
At the very least update your how to spot hacked gear section with better information.

Players should not have to live in fear because RNG was nice to them!

Today was the first day in 3 weeks that I received a supreme or better armor drop, it came from wave 23 aquanos nmhcmm. Came out of a chest, not a normal mob drop.

3 weeks averaging 1-2 survival runs per day, that is very poor drop rate percentage, and it turns out that 1 item is worse than most of the trans or myth drops. So in essence that 1 drop really didn't matter. It was just good to see a drop higher than trans.

Also this seems to be affecting pets and other items. The quality of pets have been majorly reduced as well. I honestly think they ninja patched the Random Code to make this game harder to progress. Doesn't make sense to me as to why, but since Sky City and the supposed "increase to drop rate/quality" there has been less quality items. I'm getting high valued low end items that are worse than they used to be. So "increase the item value, reduce the quality" feels like what has been done.

Like I said in a previous post, prior to Sky City and the "increased quality/rarity" I used to average about 1 supreme+ armor per survival which I felt was acceptable even though 95% of the supreme+ dropped was worthless.

Even answer about helping out other class who wish to be DPS in NM have no been answer yet either. I understand the new Sky pet has mad boosting, but overall some classes are not at that level they need to be at to in NM. It really only two options. I understand maybe why Trendy doesn't wanna say anything about this issue because people do worry about their current dps character, but I'm sure A LOT of people just want a tiny buff to other.

Actually it doesn't really have to be the class just the weapons scaling in NM. increase how much certain weapons do.

The broken RNG screwed me over by giving me an ultimate lemurian without extra projectiles..

Want to see a cool item that was dropped on wave 29 aquanos survival?

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/576711581980725410/B24F8AC9ADC6FCB28979A5EE906324ED7618F00A/

Shopped, you clearly just put an aquanos screenshot over your Deeper Well run.

-Sarcasm-