Just a quick DPS Monk question

Hey there !

Just started a new DPS char, and chose the monk, because of its versatility and of his boost.

Anyway, I grabbed him a decent first weapon (not the best one ofc, just a beginning one), that is :

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594725980469404030/C817C28DE73615FAD79107CDC9539FBC81E7AE4D/

The problem is, I don't know if I should level the ranged or the melee damage of this wep ... At first, I wanted a ranged wep, but the projectiles seem a bit tiny to me, or maybe it's just me ...

Anyway, What do you think ?

Thanks !

Well im a dps monk and if ur the ninja outfit attack speed is key and i mean hitting rate whoch shud be high so cout the three swipes as 1 move if u can do 2 or more swipes b4 dmg numbers come out thn mele if not just go range

If you hit up halloween spooktacular a few times as a monk, you should get a decent Nosferatu - its my favorite so far. Also should mention I cant do volcanic eruption so I dont have one of the stone throw spears either. But the Nosferatu has a neat spread pattern, the middle 3 projectiles are grouped together, so you can still do some damage at long range, and lots more when you get in their face.

Thanks for the replies !

Anyone has an idea for the particular type of weap I grabbed for the monk ? I really hesitate for this one ...

I looked for the APS for this weapon, it seems quite high ... Should go for melee then ? :/

If you have high resists a high health and and you are good at dodging melee damage can get very strong.

Due to the monk's inherent squishyness ranged is safer and can still pack a punch.

one simple solution is to export your data to open grab a steam workshop mod that gives you tons of mana and upgrade it to see what feels best to you.
I only use open for that purpose at the moment so I can get a feel for my max potential of my gear.

Well you are obviously lvl 78 if you are going to use a trans weapon. Dont pick up a weapon off the floor, farm for them. I would have to say the best weapon in the game is a Monk Wrench, it has high melee speed, and the damage scaling for ranged is massive. I have a 250^ one and it has 40,000 ranged damage. BTW if you didnt know-you get this weapon off of sky city.

Well you are obviously lvl 78 if you are going to use a trans weapon. Dont pick up a weapon off the floor, farm for them. I would have to say the best weapon in the game is a Monk Wrench, it has high melee speed, and the damage scaling for ranged is massive. I have a 250^ one and it has 40,000 ranged damage. BTW if you didnt know-you get this weapon off of sky city.

And if you can't beat Sky City campaign on Nightmare, do it on Insane and you can still have a chance of getting a really nice wrench. Same goes for Volcanic Eruption by the way. Do it on Insane if you can't yet beat it on NM.