let's talk about the economy pt 2- the bubble

I wanted to express a concern about the in-game economy and where it's heading. We have already seen one bubble pop, and I think another is about to occur.

As I mentioned in my last post about the economy the mana system is all messed up. mana trades are starting to disappear as people are figuring out mana is essentially worthless. For the first few days of mana tokens everything was OK until inflation got to the point where the demand for mana almost vanished.
I fear the same thing is about to happen with cubes and again, mana is to blame. With the influx of new players selling cubes on the forums for mana, the supply of cubes has skyrocketed. cubes for a while were the only solid form of currency. but now that people have 5+ cubes their value has diminished. people are offering cubes for everything now, However, there is no supply of items to satisfy the demand for them (and to absorb the increased supply of cubes). Before you know it, a decent trans dps set will coat 4+ cubes.

I have a feeling the system is moving towards pure trading (item for item) and stagnation will occur. but, there is such a low supply of good items that people aren't really trading.

I have seen so many posts for increased drop quality but trendy keeps ignoring the call. unless something is done to increase loot on all maps people aren't going to be able to progress, and worse, people who are in or near end game items are going to stop playing because upgrades are too hard to find now. this will lead to less good gear for lower people, less trading, and just a wall for people trying to get into good gear.

tl;dr in the next week or two cubes are going to be as worthless for trades as mana is now. hope I'm wrong

tl;dr in the next week or two cubes are going to be as worthless for trades as mana is now. hope I'm wrong

I hope you're right. I'll be glad if everyone stops going along with the crowd and finally sees that cubes are pretty much worthless.

I agree, i dont find the joy anymore, im not a fan of survival and tbh i dislike it because there is no real challenge. The only solution for this is new difficulty which must be super hard.

I hope you're right. I'll be glad if everyone stops going along with the crowd and finally sees that cubes are pretty much worthless.

Only reason why I don't bid on cubes anymore. Nice to have but only valued at 80tokens max being a nice offer.

they aren't worthless right now, but I think they will be soon. and as more and more people stop doing survival (who the hell wants to do a 1.5-2 hr run for no upgrades) the games trade system is going to slow down. again this is just my prediction

they aren't worthless right now, but I think they will be soon. and as more and more people stop doing survival (who the hell wants to do a 1.5-2 hr run for no upgrades) the games trade system is going to slow down. again this is just my prediction

Not only that, 1.5 hours to 2 hours and no good drops to show for as well.

Not only that, 1.5 hours to 2 hours and no good drops to show for as well.

thats if you start on a wave close to 20 too... they can easily last as long as 3-4 hours if you've got **** to do in between lol.

all to get a few trans armors and ult weapons... woo ****in' hoo

Cant be soon enough.

Prices have been fubar for the longest time now. and then this whole cube thing, who on their right mind would go along with that? Lets say it takes 2 hours for 1 bil. Maybe not for for you because you sell items. But someone did farm for it. Now these prices of 103+ billion meens more as 200 hours of farming for one single item. Trades and Shops should be capped in prices the community got the option to build the economy and they messed up.

Even if you look in the shops, The most crappy of Myths cost 50+ mil. I dont know about you but when i was breaking into nightmare
i did not have 200 mil laying around just to buy an entry level armor. Ofcourse there are still SOME normal shops but the large mayority
has completely lost it.

These cubes. Well let me tell you this they certainly are NOT worth 60 billion. IT would be way to feasable to
Buy a new copy of dungeon defenders and just leech your alt account to your main account and get 60 billion that way.
What kind of game economy runs based on that? at most cubes should be worth a few billion 3-5 just like the rest of the endgame items should be.

Cant be soon enough.

Prices have been fubar for the longest time now. and then this whole cube thing, who on their right mind would go along with that? Lets say it takes 2 hours for 1 bil. Maybe not for for you because you sell items. But someone did farm for it. Now these prices of 103+ billion meens more as 200 hours of farming for one single item. Trades and Shops should be capped in prices the community got the option to build the economy and they messed up.

Even if you look in the shops, The most crappy of Myths cost 50+ mil. I dont know about you but when i was breaking into nightmare
i did not have 200 mil laying around just to buy an entry level armor. Ofcourse there are still SOME normal shops but the large mayority
has completely lost it.

These cubes. Well let me tell you this they certainly are NOT worth 60 billion. IT would be way to feasable to
Buy a new copy of dungeon defenders and just leech your alt account to your main account and get 60 billion that way.
What kind of game economy runs based on that? at most cubes should be worth a few billion 3-5 just like the rest of the endgame items should be.

Man idk what kind of shop they running selling MYTH for 50bil. I sell that stuff cheaply.. less then a mil each idc how good they are

Man idk what kind of shop they running selling MYTH for 50bil. I sell that stuff cheaply.. less then a mil each idc how good they are

Read again: Mil not Bil.

But if the crappiest myth would get me 50 Mil, i would be a happy DD GAJILLIONAIRE.

That would be a hundred tokens per magus run :D

End game is dead now.

Once or twice recently i have had my mouse hovering over the delete button and i agree with bullseye in that we need a new difficulty and then also with garrison in that loot need a major revamp because atm there is just nothing good.

Possibly a nightmare +? We need something trendy as i love this game and want to play more but i am bored frankly and need something new and exciting to keep me going and im afriad the jester just isnt enough.
Loot is terrible and that doesny help the game as people are hitting walls in progression and not gettin the buzz off getting good loot which is partly what i play the game for.

So come on trendy, dont let the game die and start listening to the community and make some changes before its too late!

End game is dead now.

Once or twice recently i have had my mouse hovering over the delete button and i agree with bullseye in that we need a new difficulty and then also with garrison in that loot need a major revamp because atm there is just nothing good.

Possibly a nightmare +? We need something trendy as i love this game and want to play more but i am bored frankly and need something new and exciting to keep me going and im afriad the jester just isnt enough.
Loot is terrible and that doesny help the game as people are hitting walls in progression and not gettin the buzz off getting good loot which is partly what i play the game for.

So come on trendy, dont let the game die and start listening to the community and make some changes before its too late!

+1 to this nmhcmm is possible with trans.... so whats the point in supreme and ultimate .... there needs to be some dificulty were even the smallest mob will hold some form of chalange were the absolute min armor to pass a level would be needing a set of supreme or ultimate just to stand a chance

I agree with this post so much. When I switched to PC the idea of trading was so exciting to me, but then I began browsing: 300mill mana for a piece of equipment worth 500k? No thank you, I'm sorry but I live in reality lol. The inflation is out of control and I want everything to scale back down to where it makes sense. I know in my shop I sell items for a profit, because profit is the point lol, but if something is valued at 2 million, I sell it for anywhere from 2.2 to 2.5 million

:-( I've been giving away my junk myths for free or 1 mana to people I play with that need better gear. Guess I could be rich... but meh

:-) If game economy crashes I still can eat and the tavern will still buy my junk at the same price the tavern always has.

End game is dead now.

This, and what Louis said too. they took a step in the right direction with rewards from boss rush and planatir. But, this game needs an over haul to the whole system and not just end game. I used to really enjoy the grind for better gear when getting better gear was possible. I started with hall of court nm hc, then mixed there. once I had decent gear from there I moved on to summit/spires then the shards maps. but now I'm at a wall, all my characters are in trans with 3k-3.4k stats. it is impossible for me to find supreme armor but at the same time I really have no use for it. so, why should I even play any more?

This, and what Louis said too. they took a step in the right direction with rewards from boss rush and planatir. But, this game needs an over haul to the whole system and not just end game. I used to really enjoy the grind for better gear when getting better gear was possible. I started with hall of court nm hc, then mixed there. once I had decent gear from there I moved on to summit/spires then the shards maps. but now I'm at a wall, all my characters are in trans with 3k-3.4k stats. it is impossible for me to find supreme armor but at the same time I really have no use for it. so, why should I even play any more?

I agree I agree I agree. However, when you say why should I play anymore that kind of bothers me. I think some of the most fun I've had recently in this game is jumping down to lower levels and difficulties and teaching others and helping them along in their journey. I totally agree that end game needs some serious TLC but once money and gear is no object, then enjoying the community is always a fun time :-)

yeah since I don't do survival any more that is all I do. and when I do survival I give everything I find to new players and friends since 95% of the trans armor I find is no use to me. I just meant since it is almost impossible for me to fond upgrades, why should I grind survival.

thats if you start on a wave close to 20 too... they can easily last as long as 3-4 hours if you've got **** to do in between lol.

all to get a few trans armors and ult weapons... woo ****in' hoo

I worked out last week that farming Sky City/Aquanos/Talay Survival (haven't added Palantir yet since the HP on Ogres gets frankly absurd) I average 1 Supreme Weapon per hour, 1 Ultimate Weapon per 2 hours, and 1 Supreme Armour per 8 hours. If I cheese AFKable waves with 4 splitscreen summoners, the odds of getting supreme armour does NOT seem to increase, I simply get fewer drops in total - this may just be me but it's something that's irritated me for a while.

I won't go into the fact that more than half of the Trans/Sup/Ult weapons I get are those horrible musket/blunderbuss things and have terrible stats anyway. I will however observe that not one of the Supreme Armour pieces I've found since Sky City patch has had a remotely useful stat distribution. I appreciate everything in this game is random, but especially on higher waves of the higher maps I would expect to find fewer Shining Gunblades.

Oh well, there's always Palantir Campaign which spews out Ultimate Genies like confetti.

Well this explains why my shop is so successful. When I go to sleep at night I sell all my decent myths and trans from the day for somewhere between 10-30 mil and come back to an empty shop in the morning. Guess I'm too cheap in my pricing.

Well this explains why my shop is so successful. When I go to sleep at night I sell all my decent myths and trans from the day for somewhere between 10-30 mil and come back to an empty shop in the morning. Guess I'm too cheap in my pricing.

hahaha same here

Do you ever come back ever to find friend requests from random people after leaving your afk shop on overnight?

The problem, as I am sure manay people are aware, is a combination of good equipment being extremely rare, farming that equipment putting large ammounts of mana into the economy and then the system of trades between players not removing any of it.

Cubes became popular as a store of mana simply because the ammount of mana floating around in player trading is unbeleivable and constantly increasing.

The problem is only going to get worse untill good equipment becomes more common and trendy find a good way to make players get rid of their mana.

I peronally think a good solution would be to allow, at extremely high cost, equipment to be imporved beyond the limit imposed by upgrades so that bad equipment can be made better though heavy investment.