no shards 4 wepons?

i have been looking over the forums and read that console will not recive new wepons in shards4

is this for both ps3 and xbox?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true, I've been holding back these words for too long. **** this game and everything about it. **** Its developer and **** it's community. If this is false, **** you TC.

Updated the Digest:

Unfortunately, consoles will not be receiving the Shards IV/Crystalline Dimension weapons as we're running up against the memory limitations of the consoles. Instead, players will get good randomized rewards instead. I apologize for the error in the Digest.
Pretty much.

I'm looking forward to the randomized Weapons/Armor.

How about stop complaining about the game, and deal with it. TE has done more than enough for consoles with Event's and Patches. The console will never be a PC, and will never be able to handle what the PC can do.

Now, I'm going to guess here, and say that randomized Weapons/Armor will have better upgrades/stats on them. Don't judge before it's even released yet.

It has nothing to do with what console can handle. Thry just can't afford to pay what it would take to get it done

Cost less to do it right the first time than it does to fix problems :( Trendy I hope you've learned that now :(

I'm looking forward to the randomized Weapons/Armor.

How about stop complaining about the game, and deal with it. TE has done more than enough for consoles with Event's and Patches. The console will never be a PC, and will never be able to handle what the PC can do.

Now, I'm going to guess here, and say that randomized Weapons/Armor will have better upgrades/stats on them. Don't judge before it's even released yet.

please stop sticking up for trendy because they really havent done more than enough for us they barely done anything for us when they patched the game they made the game terrible with the freezing and how broken it is

dam :l

but, i will like have a chicken luncher whit good stats as reward :D
the rewards must be better than moraggo so people will "buy" this "map"

i have been looking over the forums and read that console will not recive new wepons in shards4

is this for both ps3 and xbox?

Links plzzzz

It has nothing to do with what console can handle. They just can't afford to pay what it would take to get it done

If this is indeed the case, that 360 will not receive new weapons, it is certainly not that they can't afford to pay (although it is not cheap/ not indie developer friendly). Based on the frame-rate issues that I've seen with the Shimmerblade Scimitar {360- Hard Morrago w/ Monk} & the Genie King's Shard Staff {360- Insane Djinn War}, I'd lean more towards it having to do with device limitations.. This was a big roadblock for Trendy when they were developing for iOS & Android (og iOS v1.0 player here).

Cost less to do it right the first time than it does to fix problems :( Trendy I hope you've learned that now :(

While, usually I would say you're right... Here's the exception. If they release the patch the same time as Shards 4, it won't cost them any more as they can bundle it together. So, in this case it doesn't necessarily cost more to improve things/ resolve issues.

please stop sticking up for trendy because they really havent done more than enough for us they barely done anything for us when they patched the game they made the game terrible with the freezing and how broken it is

Idk if you're on the PS3, but, in my numerous hours (days) worth of playing on the 360, I've only encountered maybe 2 or 3 freezes. I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune but, I will continue to support a product & it's developer so long as the product continues to be satisfactory. And so, I am still here after almost 2 years. So please, don't tell people what to do because of your personal experiences, they're not relevant to one's own feelings.

Well you cannot anticipate each and every thing that can go wrong, in the words of the great poet Forrest Gump: "**** happens".

People are free to stick up for whatever and whomever they want, you're not the only one suffering from game problemas, but not all of us choose to focus on the bad stuff. A little respect here.

While, usually I would say you're right... Here's the exception. If they release the patch the same time as Shards 4, it won't cost them any more as they can bundle it together. So, in this case it doesn't necessarily cost more to improve things/ resolve issues.

But because they are using so much of their limited/allotted amount of memory fixing things, we're now not getting the complete DLC. It's going to take at least one more patch after this one to fix issues as Hit has stated there are some things they are not going to fix. So it would cost more since it they didn't catch these issues b4 releasing to get the game to work right. But instead the game will probably just get left incomplete and broken. And I'll probably still keep playing it cause I just can't quit you dungeon defenders :(

[QUOTE=Atreyu;591306]Well you cannot anticipate each and every thing that can go wrong, in the words of the great poet Forrest Gump: "**** happens".

True but you can't tell me that if they had stuck four people in a room and had them play dungeon defenders for a day that 50% of the problems we are still facing would not have been cought.

Dungeon defenders for me is a sort of mmorpg. Farming, xping, trading, and playing with/ meeting new people. It has it's faults like most other mmo's, all you can do is play and enjoy what they offer until something new and more interesting comes. If they could give us shards 4 weps they would, if they could give us more dlcs more often they would, if they could fix console problems,duping,freezing,corrupt datas they would. I'm upset personally that shards 4 weps won't be available. But I must say that I've gotten my money's worth. Thank you trendy for such an awsome game.

True but you can't tell me that if they had stuck four people in a room and had them play dungeon defenders for a day that 50% of the problems we are still facing would not have been cought.
Yes and no, once you've been hanging around a few MMOs you notice things: Most of the time when you fix something, something else breaks and right there and then there's no way to foresee that, since most of things only happen after the update goes live. So yeah, you can catch a few things but it's almost impossible to deliver a 100% working patch.

Yes this is true look in the digest it says we don't get weapons any more and ask hit

Link your sources, nowhere in the 7/25/2012 digest does it say anything about there not being new weapons in Shards 4... Otherwise this is just hearsay, like the OP

But because they are using so much of their limited/allotted amount of memory fixing things, we're now not getting the complete DLC. It's going to take at least one more patch after this one to fix issues as Hit has stated there are some things they are not going to fix. So it would cost more since it they didn't catch these issues b4 releasing to get the game to work right. But instead the game will probably just get left incomplete and broken. And I'll probably still keep playing it cause I just can't quit you dungeon defenders :(

As far as expenses go that are dedicated to releasing dlc/patches to M$ & Sony, they will be the same if they send them off for verification at the same time. And where are you getting this information regarding Shards 4 being incomplete? Links plzzzz

Link your sources, nowhere in the 7/25/2012 digest does it say anything about there not being new weapons in Shards 4... Otherwise this is just hearsay, like the OP

As far as expenses go that are dedicated to releasing dlc/patches to M$ & Sony, they will be the same if they send them off for verification at the same time. And where are you getting this information regarding Shards 4 being incomplete? Links plzzzz
You just gotta know where to look

You just gotta know where to look

Thankkkkk you... Just started going through that thread.

Well, here's to looking forward to Randomized weapons. Definitely looking forward to lvl 90 & it's corresponding gear (Has 8 lvl78 characters)

Idk if you're on the PS3, but, in my numerous hours (days) worth of playing on the 360, I've only encountered maybe 2 or 3 freezes. I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune but, I will continue to support a product & it's developer so long as the product continues to be satisfactory. And so, I am still here after almost 2 years. So please, don't tell people what to do because of your personal experiences, they're not relevant to one's own feelings.

its funny how you tell me not to tell people what to do but while your telling me that your telling me what to do at the same time

I have to quote more people. so yeah. Patches are so freaking useless bec TE cannot go with what they did to PC. Yeah. Everyone is entitled to one's opinion. I say respect is what we need to stop the arguments. TE could just hold on for the patches (they should have included it when we buy shards 2 or 3, they should made it like a bundle) I don't know bec I experienced a lot of freaking freezing & lags. All of us experienced it (I suppose) we cannot do anything about it. Yeah the game is very very glitchy let's just bear with it, bec we are still playing the game.

Please don't mistake me for a Trendy hater. I love Trendy, they made a game that has become my obsession. I love them so much that I don't want to see them fail, and I have $60.00 set aside already for DD2, because I'm counting on that as a blooming gaming company they've learned from pretty blatant mistakes.
If you fix one problem another arises FACT.
But, you can't say the main problems we are facing would not have been caught with the most basic of testing.

You can't play any level of pure strategy or survival all the way through (save dlc)

You can't shoot certain weapons (even in your tavern) without causing massive lag. Rendering the weapons unusable.

You can't play Morraggo with more than 2 people (ps3) with very random exceptions.

Exp. broken on Aquanos

These are things that would've been caught with a mere one play through on a console. BIG MISTAKE

Once again I love Trendy. I am counting on that this is a learning experience for them console side as I see they have a very bright future if they do.