Harpoons leading Helicopters very poorly

So, I'm playing survival and noticing that my harpoons are shooting empty space quite to the side of a helicopter carrying an ogre. They were aiming at it fine until it changed directions, then they seemed to continue to aim at the path it would've followed, rather than its new path, as it wandered to the side, aligned itself some of my defenses, and dropped its ogre (after which the harpoons snapped back to it). They were mis-aimed for a good 2 or 3 seconds.

copters have flares that distract towers as a counter measure.

I have never seen the flares but that could be the answer.

I didn't see any visual effect to go with it, could be I missed 'em though. That might be it! Thanks.

yeah look closly ive also noticed after the flare they seem to drop the ogre 90% of the time. This is confirmed on NMHCMM throne room wave 20+ but maybe my archers just killed it doubt it though

I also noticed this bug playing on Mistymire NMHC, harpoons were way off target hitting the goblincopters. it would be nice if there is some sort of visual feedback that there are flares, if that is the actual reason they are missing.

The flares have visual feedback. You can see ... flares... coming out of the copter- It's not really even like an ability it uses, it does it at regular intervals.