Hello, I have been trying to start doing nightmare with my 79 squire tower build. I know my towers need to be stronger to handle nightmare so I have been trying to collect good trans gear. The problem is I dont have a ton of money, which is required to buy, and earning trans required I nightmare the shards, which my towers are not strong enough to do. So is there another way of powering up my towers that I am missing. I have looked at the builds suggested on the forums but I my towers on other characters arent good enough to even come close to supporting my squires. The problem is the Coptors it seems. I cant kill them fast enough and the ogres they drop go to town on my towers. Any suggestions would be nice. Thank you in advance.
Squire's tower stats are: 1504/1475/590/789

So you only have a tower squire? if you wanna get better gear, you gonna need a traptress, aura monk and an series ev. than you could do some magnus or alch lab survival to get beter gear :D
I would do some alch lab survial with this build:
http://ddplanner.com/?l=10111,alchlab-survival-nm-hc-mm
you can do some nice mana with it :D than just buy some good myth in shops and upgrade all your chars.
hope i could help you and sorry for my bad english :/

Your English is much better than a lot of others so no need to apologize. I appreciate the advice. Do I need to make high level traptress, monk, and EV or will level 74 with myth gear be good enough to back up my tower squire in your opinion?

Your English is much better than a lot of others so no need to apologize. I appreciate the advice. Do I need to make high level traptress, monk, and EV or will level 74 with myth gear be good enough to back up my tower squire in your opinion?

around 500 tower stats in each will allow you to easily get to wave 15+ in survivals.

Yeah you just need some 500 stats and with the mana from alch lab you can upgrade everything to 1k and you squire to 2k, than you can start misty ;P

In my opinion the throne room is easier than magus quarters or alch labs, so you might want to test that map too. The loot is also a bit better. Here is the build I use:
http://ddplanner.com/?l=8425,the-throne-room-survival-nm-hc-mm

I also tested it a while ago without ev or summoner and got to wave 21 (survival nm hc). This was before the goblin copters, but here is the build in case you are interested in trying it out:
http://ddplanner.com/?l=8858,the-throne-room-survival-no-ev-or-summoner-nm-hc-to-wave-21

My stats were:
Countess 650/1300/300/600
Monk 600/600/700/300
Apprentice waller 400/xxx/xxx/xxx

Hope this helps :)

I can do Magus up to wave 13. Then I tend to die from the goblin coptors. But the loot doesnt help me. I have a couple trans gear and the rest is myth already so I have been looking to upgrade to all trans. il try your new strategy though and see how it goes. Thank you as well. I really appreciate the help the defender community. It's been the best community of any game I have ever played :)

I would say TTR is harder than Magus, since the ogres aren't dropped into lava when the choppers go down. Instead you have double the ogres knocking at your defences.
Servants Quarters is easiest, since there are no Choppers and all the Ogres are mini ogres with less health.

I would say TTR is harder than Magus, since the ogres aren't dropped into lava when the choppers go down. Instead you have double the ogres knocking at your defences.

Yeah, in that sence Magus is ok, though I just don't like loosing loot to lava. Used to grind Ramparts, but I saw too many pieces of good loot dropping into pits that I switched to the throne room.

Throne room has the advantage that most of the mobs come from east and west down this one very long straight line. When using harpoons the towers usually hit lots of mobs with one shot. Ogres don't seem to be able to walk from north directly to the crystal, which also makes things easier. Basically there are only two congestion points (east/west) in the map compared to the three which magus quarters have. I also can set the harpoons facing each other so that the harpoon in front blocks the oggres path to the harpoon which it aggros. When there are minions also in the way, the ogres cant get to hitting distance of anything, as the ogres really don't have a path around the center.

Servants Quarters is easiest, since there are no Choppers and all the Ogres are mini ogres with less health.

I think Servants Quarters is easiest after Foundries and Forges. Ok, the ogres are tougher in foundries and forges, but the defence layout is easier to handle. Too bad the loot from servants quarters is not very good, unlike getting XP.

Just tested TTR with an extra controller. Got 5 trans items, of which 2 were pristine tower armor pieces that can go to maximum at tower attack :) Mana was also very good.

Ur stats on your squire are already higher than needed to get far in nightmare, also dont think that trans is Better, myth can be just as good (or better) and much cheaper.

To OP,

if you want, you can add me. Once you've got your other characters at 74, with some myths (don't even need to hit 1k stats all together) I'll help ya with misty NM campaign. I don't know if you have a summoner, but if you have one, you can easily get to wave 15 or farther on misty, which should earn you some better gear than the old campaign maps. I know that it's hard to step into shards maps and I really would like to help you with the boss and show you a pretty well working layout.

Thank you all! All the advice is great. @TheSource I will take you up on that offer since I know that even if i somehow managed to make it to the boss, which is a big if, I am confident I have no character capable of killing the boss. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

When do u make build?

:skeleton:
So you only have a tower squire? if you wanna get better gear, you gonna need a traptress, aura monk and an series ev. than you could do some magnus or alch lab survival to get beter gear :D
I would do some alch lab survial with this build:
http://ddplanner.com/?l=10111,alchlab-survival-nm-hc-mm
you can do some nice mana with it :D than just buy some good myth in shops and upgrade all your chars.
hope i could help you and sorry for my bad english :/

I was just wondering when u made the deal did it compensate with the new things in nightmare like :sharken: :copter: :djinn: :spider: and why are gas traps in their locations?

In alchlabs there are no :copter: and the rest is no problem, the drain aura takes the elemental resist away and the electric aura kills sharken and spiders

• 4 weeks later...
Hey all this is my first post XD, i have read alot of guides but i can't seem to pull off a NMHC run for anything.. i have a App/EV/Summoner/Monk with mythic just need help getting to a point or even someone walking me through a run or something till i get used to it. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Atroi/ thats my steam profile. im on most the day unless work calls so hit me up if you can help. Thanks in Advance Atori :)

Generally for NM, 1 or 2 types of builders will not cut it. You need a combination of Harpoon/Fireball towers, traps, auras, buffs, minions, and walls to really get as far as possible. Your squire already has good stats, now work on your other builders. Another thing to note is that any inactive builder will recieve a 30% damage penalty (you build with your squire, and during the waves use a monk, the harpoons will hit less). Also, it's a good idea to make a DPS character. I'd recommend a monk, because of the tower and hero boosts, which can easily double your defense and personal damage.

Another thing to note is that any inactive builder will recieve a 30% damage penalty (you build with your squire, and during the waves use a monk, the harpoons will hit less).

Not a penalty, in reality. Inactive builder's towers do 100% of their damage, it's just that leaving the builder out grants a bonus. Losing the bonus isn't really a penalty. Semantics, I know, but there is a difference between being penalized and not being rewarded.