Elemental Damage (DOES SCALE) vs. Phys Damage

Hello there!

I just did some tests and confirmed that Elemental Damage DOES SCALE with Hero Damage on Apps. Apps seems to be the unique class that can scale Elemental Damage with this stat.

With that said, I bring here some questions.
Any DPS App has ever tested upgrading Elemental Damage instead of Phys Damage?
That scale is better, equal or worse than the Phys Damage?
That scale does worth the disadvantages (resistant mobs) of an weapon focused on Elemental Damage?

Remembering that the amount of Elemental Damage per Upgrade is like 4x higher than the Phys Damage.
If the damage scale of Elemental is better than Phys, DPS Apps can even quadruplicate their damage.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I only found information saying that Elemental Damage don't scale with Hero Damage, which is wrong when talking about Apps.

...no, it still doesn't scale with hero damage. You're probably very confused about something.

You're probably thinking one of two things is elemental damage scaling:

1) Your charge time per attack is varying slightly, and you think that's an effect of your hero damage stat. Test with fully charged shots only.

2) You're using a weapon which converts all generic damage to another element - the stat that's being scaled is still the base damage, it's simply dealt as another element. This is very common in Huntress' flamethrower-type weapons, Van Wolf and Sicarius. Chances are one or two App weapons do this as well. The damage is still tied to the "Ranged Damage" stat; the elemental damage bonus doesn't scale at all.

Ed: Script suggests it's possible for a weapon to scale elemental damage. It is not the norm, and nobody until now has reported it happening. You may want to confirm which weapon you claim is doing this.

1) Your charge time per attack is varying slightly, and you think that's an effect of your hero damage stat. Test with fully charged shots only.

2) You're using a weapon which converts all generic damage to another element - the stat that's being scaled is still the base damage, it's simply dealt as another element. This is very common in Huntress' flamethrower-type weapons, Van Wolf and Sicarius. Chances are one or two App weapons do this as well. The damage is still tied to the "Ranged Damage" stat; the elemental damage bonus doesn't scale at all.

Screenshot of one full charged shot using Oculus of the Genie King with 186 Hero Damage:

Screenshot of one full charged shot using Oculus of the Genie King with 366 Hero Damage:

Weapon's stats:

I didn't changed any equipment, only added 180 points to the Hero Damage stat.
As you can see, both damages scaled with Hero Damage.

I remember reading a thread a while ago, and it seems that some apprentice weapons actually have elemental damage scaling with hero damage. The one that found out that could do 17 millions damage in tavern if I remember correctly!

I remember reading a thread a while ago, and it seems that some apprentice weapons actually have elemental damage scaling with hero damage. The one that found out that could do 17 millions damage in tavern if I remember correctly!

Yeah I saw that thread as well I thought someone was re opening a thread like it and well we were right. It will be interesting to see if anyone posts screenshots like that on this thread.

Interesting.
So only some weapons can do that.

Anyone can make that test with Bloodshot Staff or All-Seeing Staff?
Those staffs and the Oculus of the Genie King has the best projectiles patterns out there.

Since apparently scrolling down 6 threads threads in apprentice forum is too difficult I'll summarize the findings from the thread.

Yes, certain weapons scale with hero attack, but it appears to be only six total so far. Yes I know which, I'm keeping it secret though.

I will answer this though, the oculus of the genie king and the bloodshot staff are the same type, both scale with hero attack.

Edit: I'm being cryptic because I don't want our gods to nerf the one good thing apprentice has =(

Yes there are some models of weapons that have "heroic" elemental damage. Easiest way to tell is to grab a candidate weapon and blast away at a dummy. If the elemental damage is way above the listed stat (in addition to doing generic dmg, and assuming your hero attack is upgraded to some degree ) then you've probably found one.

• 3 months later...