7/25/12 DunDef Digest

"Our development team blacksmiths are forging away at the console patch. Here’s the quick patch list so far:

- Insane+ difficulty mode: Details below
- New Level Cap: 90!
- PS3 freezing issues (including the DLC freezing issues) resolved
- Aquanos XP earning fixed
- Shards III pets & weapons added

In Insane+, you’ll encounter enemies with 5x Enemy HP (including Bosses) and 4x Enemy Damage. You’ll earn 3x the amount of XP. Dropped loot can generate up to twice as powerful in almost all stat types. Loot can have level 90 requirements, too. To access the new difficulty mode, choose "Next Difficulty" with Insane selected, and it changes to Insane+. As a reminder, this is provided for free in the patch.

We’re aiming to release the patch and Shards IV DLC to Microsoft and Sony by the end of the month. To those curious if the Crystalline Dimension will be coming to consoles, the answer is a resounding yes. Both the Crystalline Dimension and the new Boss Rush mode will be available for you to play. We’ll have more details soon."

Updated the Digest:

Unfortunately, consoles will not be receiving the Shards IV/Crystalline Dimension weapons as we're running up against the memory limitations of the consoles. Instead, players will get good randomized rewards instead. I apologize for the error in the Digest.

The memory restriction he speaks of, in this case at least, has nothing to do with the hardware. There is a 4MB size limit on patches (title updates) for Xbox 360 games. And each game can only have one title update active at a time, ever. A new one being released will replace the old one, rather than append it. There's also a limit to how many total games' patches the console can hold at once, as they're stored on a separate partition with limited size. This was set when the system launched, and sadly Microsoft has not done much to update many of the antiquated procedures with regards to title updates and DLC. They have granted larger patch allowances to games like COD and the like, in less than a dozen cases total, but that involves the millions of dollars that Activision has paid to Microsoft (and brings in to the Xbox Live service.) Trendy has no ability to make the same thing happen for their game.

As for why the title update matters for things like new weapons: compatibility. When trying to play DLC stages themselves, of course all present players must own the DLC content. But when it comes to reward weapons and pets, those can be used outside the scope of the stages they were earned in. If you own the DLC, but are playing with a friend who doesn't own it, the only way they will be able to see your spiffy new weapons and pets is if the data (skins and artwork) for those items is accessible to the base game. The only way to achieve that, on either consoles or PCs, is via patches. But there's only so much data you can cram into 4MB, sadly. Unlike on Steam, where the patches can be as big as needed.

There is a work-around of sorts, with regards to compatibility for online games on 360. Certain titles have released free "compatibility packs" which contain the art, skins, stages, or whatever else from the paid DLC. Same exact data as the paid DLC, but without direct access to it when playing alone. It's there so you can play online with friends, and not splinter the community. Basically it's a larger compatibility patch, in the form of "DLC." Games like Street Fighter IV, Fable, and such have used it. You may ask why Trendy hasn't done this for DD. The issue: hosting a compatibility file on Xbox Live, even though it's free to download for players, still costs insane amounts of money for the publisher to host on Xbox Live. And when we say insane costs, yes, we're talking insane. Similar issue with putting out patches for 360 games (beyond the initial free one you get with a title.)

So I saw to LVL 90 is 940 Million

They Failed:
Magus Quarters - XP less than 60k for Builder
4/6 122 - 5/6 326 - 6/6 425
Ogre 1.5 million

They Failed:
Summit
I missed but 2 million Ogre.

They Failed:
Alch Labs
3/7 29 (Builder XP - 10, 387) - 4/7 65 (Builder XP - 31,389) - 5/7 198 (Builder XP - 57,124) 6/7 296 (Builder XP 92,536) 7/7 426 (Builder XP - 96,396 pre-boss) 7/7 Boss (6.5 million HP) (XP - We don't know because they didn't beat him). He never got 2 bonuses or all 3 (for XP).

Anyone can add to this but this is all I really saw. I left after Alch Labs because they weren't answering any question that I was asking. I'm not sure what Insane XP is now for Alch Labs but it doesn't seem like it would be much less than that. Mind you he was a builder and was hit every round.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their setups sucked so bad, add to the fact that they spend more time refering tp pc and make ****ty excuses i regret watching that stream. Its quite clear now that trendy doesnt ****ing care about the console players whatsoever.

Also know your ****ing game since when is there ogres on alch lab? Unless its mix mode and im not even sure. Only good part was the fact that now i know 90 is 900 mil mana

Their setups sucked so bad, add to the fact that they spend more time refering tp pc and make ****ty excuses i regret watching that stream. Its quite clear now that trendy doesnt ****ing care about the console players whatsoever.

Also know your ****ing game since when is there ogres on alch lab? Unless its mix mode and im not even sure. Only good part was the fact that now i know 90 is 900 mil mana
It's 760 roughly....

They were playing on fauXbox. It was actually PC with Xboxfiles on the PC then they had Xbox controllers hooked up to their PC. So, they said it was exactly like Xbox.

They were playing on fauXbox. It was actually PC with Xboxfiles on the PC then they had Xbox controllers hooked up to their PC. So, they said it was exactly like Xbox.

everytime something new is announced we get excited and everytime we end up getting disappointed.. oh well..

Just because I'm terrible at Insane+ doesn't mean Trendy doesn't care about console players. :^(

Just because I'm terrible at Insane+ doesn't mean Trendy doesn't care about console players. :^(

idk, seems like it was a half hearted try at a "preview" that didn't really show us anything.

"Foo, you are my favorite forum poster. That is all." - Classic22

idk, seems like it was a half hearted try at a "preview" that didn't really show us anything.

I tried. :^( Sorry to disappoint.

why they fail
reason
there towers weren't ready
we all know we got better towers even me that im 70squire
they will do it again with better tower to show it can be done
and the ogers can be kill so fast with a morrago weapon with 40 or more upgrades

I tried. :^( Sorry to disappoint.

just stating opinion, was really anything different than what we already have/play. no real "wow" factor...

1: The girl made the level 90 chars but made some ****ty excuse to why they sucked, you could have prepared them for like a week. But no
2: I was hoping to watch a console preview stop comoaring it to something that we dont have and never will (nightmare)
3: Stop sucking and try to play properly, if i wanted to see people fail i would host a public game and let some modders build.
4: Maybe you wouldnt suck if your team actually put any thoughts into their patch to fix console towers a bit more.
5: Giving people 10mins ban because thety make remarks about the exp, we dont want a new aquanos.
6: Most voted map was morraggo but yea you fail at alch labs gg wouldnt wanna see a builder squire try dpsing djinns

Rhanks for the preview but it took me more effort to get twitch.tv on my phone than you spent total failing on all maps, next time invite a community member and let them teach you.
Sorry for the typos android keyboard thingy sucks

1: The girl made the level 90 chars but made some ****ty excuse to why they sucked, you could have prepared them for like a week. But no
2: I was hoping to watch a console preview stop comoaring it to something that we dont have and never will (nightmare)
3: Stop sucking and try to play properly, if i wanted to see people fail i would host a public game and let some modders build.
4: Maybe you wouldnt suck if your team actually put any thoughts into their patch to fix console towers a bit more.
5: Giving people 10mins ban because thety make remarks about the exp, we dont want a new aquanos.
6: Most voted map was morraggo but yea you fail at alch labs gg wouldnt wanna see a builder squire try dpsing djinns

Rhanks for the preview but it took me more effort to get twitch.tv on my phone than you spent total failing on all maps, next time invite a community member and let them teach you.
That was very rude, we wanted a new difficulty, they delivered a new difficulty. Not to mention this was done by the community manager and the community assistant, they don't have a very big say when it comes to the development in the game.

yea they weren't prepared at all...I was surprised Laura had such low DPS. That's all they really needed for alchemical was half decent dps from the huntress.

Still it was fun to watch and see them try. Plus we got a to see boss rush and the crystallline deminsion or whatever it's called. fun times all around even if they failed pretty hard on all the maps.

thanks TE.

Please compose yourself. There's no need to bash.

Y U NO WORK RIGHT XP?

Foo had to sit on the naught step!!! ;)

I also hope that they wrote down the massive list of improvements that we mentioned and have been mentioning for the last few months.

It's fine hit I thought you guys did great! Some players just don't have respect for people trying to do nice things for them it's a shame really. I think you and Larua did great but I admit not the best preview but it was good now I bet of there was no preview half these guys would rage even more than they are now.

Why did they bring out insane+? Most likely because they knew that the community cant grind insane moraggo for 3.3 mil exp until they hit 90.
Watching the stream was like watching game show footage, some guys gets a hands on for a game you been drooling over for months, problem is you get more annoyed over how bad he is at the actual game.

Also sorry for not having my tongue up their ***, when they do it right i show them love. Im still playing this and have been playing it since 30 mins after it arrived on the dashboard last year, bought every dlc within minutes. I have every right to be annoyed.
No doubt insane+ will be fun but i do hope that some major things get ironed out before the new things arrive.

So who was all there other than Hitmon. and Laura?
I spent 30 minutes on my Wii and 3DS trying to watch and gave up. :(

Why did they bring out insane+? Most likely because they knew that the community cant grind insane moraggo for 3.3 mil exp until they hit 90.
Watching the stream was like watching game show footage, some guys gets a hands on for a game you been drooling over for months, problem is you get more annoyed over how bad he is at the actual game.

Also sorry for not having my tongue up their ***, when they do it right i show them love. Im still playing this and have been playing it since 30 mins after it arrived on the dashboard last year, bought every dlc within minutes. I have every right to be annoyed.
No doubt insane+ will be fun but i do hope that some major things get ironed out before the new things arrive.
Dude, you just bashed two Trendy employees twice in one day