DD dieing for higher lvl players?

Recently i have noticed alot off people on my freinds list who are high lvl players not Playing the game barely compared to a month a go. I have also found my self drifting back to other games and u could probably clas me as a higher lvl player by now.

And i think that dd is just boring for higher lvls now.

U have trans builders maybe a couple off sup ones but in the time i have played recently the loot has just been dismal so how are we supposed to progress any futher? Therefore it would seem to be the end off the line for us?

For instance i usually play 3-4 hours evry night and for the past week i have received one ultimate armour peice and two supreme ones(one off which was worthless). And before you say u must be doin somethin wrong or gettin very unlucky, i run sky city nmhcmm evrynight.

So i beleive the end game is dieing im afriad and i may be coming to the end off my time on the game just for the sheer amount off hackers around now and i find it very sad as this will probably always be the game that i will have put the most hours into...

Let me know what you think

Lulworthboy

More likely is that some higher level players have stopped playing, but been replaced by other higher level players, thus leaving the number at worst static. "Endgame" doesn't last forever, so this is hardly surprising.

Yes but these new higher lvl Player will be in the same situation i am with nothing to do to progress even when they should be able too but the loot is so bad they cant...

Well, I haven't been playing lately. Not DD's fault but I got a little burned out and then the Steam sale happened and now I'm playing Arkham City, and GTA4 and several others. I'm not gone for good, just for now.

Well, I haven't been playing lately. Not DD's fault but I got a little burned out and then the Steam sale happened and now I'm playing Arkham City, and GTA4 and several others. I'm not gone for good, just for now.

This. Its not that the game has gotten boring (for some it has) its just there was a recent steam sale.

Honestly, after you get all the achievements theres not much left for you to do unless yo enjoy dominating leaderboards on maps.

Steam workshop added a better way to install cstom maps for you to play, you can even use ranked characters. Some may be intresting, others just bad maps / anti-grind maps.

Steam sale got DD more players, but its regulars to playing something else.

I've beaten all there is in DD, maybe a couple challenges left. I've done ultimate defender. I might start playing other games now. DD is becoming a snoozefest.

I have reached the end of what I can do along time ago in dd, but night after night I still spend hours on it, even tho i can't really progress anymore. I now spend my time going from room to room seeing if the low lvls need help with anything. Helping people keeps me entertained.I have also encountered many people who have never seen a lvl 90. I now have almost 700 hrs in the game with no end in sight

Yes but these new higher lvl Player will be in the same situation i am with nothing to do to progress even when they should be able too but the loot is so bad they cant...

That's inherent to the nature of this type of game. Once you have the top end gear, there's nowhere left to go gear wise. As for not getting the top end drops, RNG is RNG no matter what map or mode you're playing on. Sometimes it will smile on you, other times it won't. Sure, Trendy could buff the chances of an item rolling ultimate and/or narrow the variance in stat rolls, but that would just accelerate people getting to where you are. Kinda self defeating, from that angle.

I think that as a general rule, once players are at the highest level of play, there's very little you can do that isn't "Let's give them what they have... but MORE", and just throwing more/stronger monsters turns the game from strategic action to a boring slog. Trendy has opened the door to allowing player content, which is a huge boon to the game's longevity, since fans can and will produce more maps than they ever could, and as a result the community gets more involved and produces a wealth of content for the game.

At this point, if Trendy wants to expand DD, it's in their best interest to accept that they can only build so high. Their efforts are best focused on balancing and optimizing the game, adding variety and challenges beyond "Protect the crystals" (adding elements like rising lava/water, moving cores, etc. are all good concepts that could even be expanded on), and possibly adjusting things so that it's easier to make the jump from 70 to higher levels.

If I could give feedback about DD then it would be like this:

Problem 1: Game is strategic to high extent, INCLUDING the way you farm things, won't reveal exact data on it but it all comes down to certain equimpent mixing, smarter players gets lots more badass eq than usual farming player. As example with team I always farmed with we were able to upgrade from mythical to transcendent sets on main characters with certain needed stats in just a week or two, same goes for supreme, ultimate we skipped.
How to fix: Implementing loot filter will fix it to some extent.

Problem 2: Too much hackers or modders or whatever they are called even in ranked mode, it ruined coop spirit of game and ended up in hyperinflation on items' prices.
How to fix: Implementing any kind of process-check, researching what cause modding and fighting against it like every other developers does.

Problem 3: Constantly playing players through shards parts had A LOT easier achievements and progression than ones who got nightmare just now or entire game by itself due to Summer Sales.
How to fix: Simply Nightmare should add mobs hp, mobs damage, towers and player damage multipliera like it does now, BUT Nightmare should look like it did while having Shards 1, means spiders only, THEN HARDCORE should add all new enemies at once and one life limit like it does.

Problem 3: Total lack of competitive balanced gamemodes, it always makes game live longer by far, especially if DD itself gave most players so much fun they ticked 1000h sometimes.
How to fix: Simply PvP of any kind (karathiki competitive, arena pvp, capture the flag) should get added style of gameplay where every player starts with fixed stats, level and equimpent. As a reward for winning there should be little changing equipment (like +from 50 moving speed your char gets 55) along with some titles or medals visible as affix to our nicks. Definetly as Tower Defense game a lot of competitive maps should be added, and some kind of synergy between pvp and pve, like only if you finished insane campaign you can progress to levels 50+ in pvp. On contrary pvp should give boosts to pve also, like if you win a match you get 10% buff of your stats for a fixed time, let's say 6h.

Maybe will come up with more...