Whats up with the zero public insane & Nightmare games?

So came back to DD 1 month ago picked up where i left, and im as far as running nightmare, hc, mm surivial runs now. But its a bit boring to run them alone as i allways been a co-op person, been contstantly checking the public games for people who run them aswell.
But iv noticed over the past week/week's there's just hard maps running zero insane/nightmare runs going on..

Is the player base that really that low, or people just prefer to do them alone, to avoid leechers afker's and so on..? Since iv noticed a few of theese my self while opening to public.

Well now to the point im currently looking for a few players to run some maps with, preferably nightmare
stuff. So if you got the gear for it and want to do some co-op just throw a message here with your char and steam id.

//Math

or people just prefer to do them alone, to avoid leechers afker's and so on..?

Mostly this. Also, the more people in a game the higher the mob-count on every wave. People just find it easier and quicker to solo rather than put up with the extra hassle of leechers/afkers.

The new dungeon defenders isn't really a multiplayer game anymore. Extremly low drop rates of decent items, higher mob count per wave and in generally a higher difficulty discourage playing together with other people.

any decent drops will be ninja looted by all randomers cause they are random. no ban from the game or something like that, so it doesnt benefit everone by playing together with others. and then there are trollers that go around selling other ppls defences. which sucks

You might want to check your filter settings, trendy changed the way they work and existing filters don't seem to transfer over very well.
For example: I used to have insane + nightmare only on my filters, but after the update I could only see insane games until I changed the filter.

Can you filter so that you can only view insane and nightmare at the same time?
It seems you can either watch the insane list or the nightmare list, but not both. (Unless you dont filter anything, in which case all the games dont show up in the list)

The new dungeon defenders isn't really a multiplayer game anymore. Extremly low drop rates of decent items, higher mob count per wave and in generally a higher difficulty discourage playing together with other people.

I agree, and it is weird, really weird, with the size of some maps...

@OP

Between the nasty attitudes found in both hosts and attendants, the game has virtually gone into private mode.

What's the point in letting four people join my game making it extremely difficult and then stealing all the loot?

It may also be that many nightmare games are posted with 90 lvl requirement and your hero while looking for game may not meet the minimum level requirement.

Can you filter so that you can only view insane and nightmare at the same time?
It seems you can either watch the insane list or the nightmare list, but not both. (Unless you dont filter anything, in which case all the games dont show up in the list)

With the new filter you can only filter 1 difficulty level.

But iv noticed over the past week/week's there's just hard maps running zero insane/nightmare runs going on..

Your joking right?

Since they moved filtering server-side I've seen a huge increase in the number of public nightmare games. I used to see 5-10 games, now it's about 10-30 (usually don't fit on screen and you have to scroll).

This is the most backwards *** stupid thing I've read in a while.

Drop rates too low? More players gives you both more loot slots on a level and more mobs to drop the loot.
Higher Mob counts? An extra player more than makes up for a few hundred extra mobs.
High difficulty? More players means less micro-managing on a player by player basis, which makes the game easier.

Just stop talking nonsense.

You know, now that I think about it.. I don't see any insane or nightmare when I am on. Usually I host and then I get AFKers.

I CBA to take part into this conversation, but my SteamID is moasseman, and I would like to run some survivals with people who know how to upgrade/repair :C

This is the most backwards *** stupid thing I've read in a while.

Drop rates too low? More players gives you both more loot slots on a level and more mobs to drop the loot.
Higher Mob counts? An extra player more than makes up for a few hundred extra mobs.
High difficulty? More players means less micro-managing on a player by player basis, which makes the game easier.

Just stop talking nonsense.

The one talking nonsense is you. You reach the item cap fairly soon anyway so the extra items will just despawn. Most of the items who drop are trash so the number of usable items isn't really going up and you will have other people to compete over the few items who MIGHT actually be decent.
As for higher numbers on the later waves aside from monk the impact most classes have are minimal so you don't benefit from having other people around. Except for monks sitting atop the defenses boosting them with tower boost.

Having other people around has hardly any good points while having a lot of bad points. There's no reason to play with other people anymore and especially no reason to play with randoms.

As for higher numbers on the later waves aside from monk the impact most classes have are minimal so you don't benefit from having other people around. Except for monks sitting atop the defenses boosting them with tower boost.

I highly disagree with that statement.

The only two classes that arent useful are huntress (no damage) and app (no HP, pet damage isnt great either). Both of these classes I find are the best with genies though, so...
Barb = Ogre killer, tank, but dosent have high pet damage (can make up for it with weapons though).
Squire/Countess = Tank's with hero boost. BR especially can have some rediculous multipliers (300 is 3x damage, compared to 1700 required for the monk)
Series EV = Apps damage with much more HP. Decoy can be lifesaving, and the proton blast can produce some wtf DPS.
Summoner = Flash heal, uninterruptable repairing, multi tasking, can watch everything. Basicly a great support for a team.

A reason people think monks are so great, is that solo the huge damage they can output is needed so they can move on to the next ogre. With a team, you only have to deal with 1/4 of the ogres, so you dont have to kill them quite so fast. Having 4 monks is just stupidly not helpful also...

Seemed like my filter settings was bugged had both insane and nightmare confirmed tried refreshing the filter settings and it worked. And from what iv read its really sad indeed people have that kind of experience and attitude in such a fun game like this one.

The one talking nonsense is you. You reach the item cap fairly soon anyway so the extra items will just despawn. Most of the items who drop are trash so the number of usable items isn't really going up and you will have other people to compete over the few items who MIGHT actually be decent.

Having other people around has hardly any good points while having a lot of bad points. There's no reason to play with other people anymore and especially no reason to play with randoms.

I find that for many games, have two players is a lot easier than solo, but as the number of players goes over that then the number of extra mobs and mob health outweighs the benefit of the extra players.

However, It's not worth joining pubs, since every single one seems to be filled with mana/item beggars or undergeared/clueless people wanting to be carried.
As an example, these are the kind of game titles that show in my nm filter(all currently in Tavern, so not in progress)
(L71 Squire) Need Builder and DPS (Magus Quarters campaign)
(L70 Summoner) NM Glitter Builder Needed
(L71 Huntress) NMProsonlyorkick (Alchemical Lab)
(L44 EV) Please give me mana =(.. (Ramparts)

hehe.... I remember back when solo, you'd get more that 6k mobs a wave in survival. In the teens.

I agree but disagree. My main problem with multiplayer games is that I have my own building style. I know where towers go, and I don't want random people messing that up by building whatever and wherever they want. And then them stealing my loots. :p

It is fun to play with friends tho. Friends that know what they're doing and don't sell your towers to build their crappier towers.

also op, make sure you just have NM or insane checked. Otherwise it'll show all results and may cut off some NM and insane games. alternatively, you may just be too low. The NM games may have the min level req as 78 and that's why you can't see them.

I find that for many games, have two players is a lot easier than solo, but as the number of players goes over that then the number of extra mobs and mob health outweighs the benefit of the extra players.

However, It's not worth joining pubs, since every single one seems to be filled with mana/item beggars or undergeared/clueless people wanting to be carried.
As an example, these are the kind of game titles that show in my nm filter(all currently in Tavern, so not in progress)
(L71 Squire) Need Builder and DPS (Magus Quarters campaign)
(L70 Summoner) NM Glitter Builder Needed
(L71 Huntress) NMProsonlyorkick (Alchemical Lab)
(L44 EV) Please give me mana =(.. (Ramparts)

Yeah, when filtering for NM I too get an small list of games, all in tavern, and weird names.