Sign in to follow this  
kyzuo0310

how to use ps3 Controller to play

No game officially supports PS3 controllers, you need to use third party software to make it work (as above, google motionjoy)

DD only officially supports XInput controllers (such as the xbox controller) but you can get others to work through emulators.

I find Motioninjoy
but Motioninjoy can't not find my ps3 Controller
i can't load driver,but in PC Game Controller Setting,i can find and test my ps3 Controller is work

i download 070000/071000/060005 ver to try
also can't find my ps3 Controller
use Motioninjoy must install what software before?
i also install .net 1~4

except Motioninjoy,what software can do that?

You are most likely missing some kind of supporting software (but you'll have to look at Motionjoy's FAQs or help resources or ask someone who uses it a lot) but I can't say for sure without seeing what you're doing. I remind you that officially, PS3 controllers are not supported for use on PC. Unofficially they work with custom drivers but your results may vary and you use it at your own risk.

I find Motioninjoy
but Motioninjoy can't not find my ps3 Controller
i can't load driver,but in PC Game Controller Setting,i can find and test my ps3 Controller is work

i download 070000/071000/060005 ver to try
also can't find my ps3 Controller
use Motioninjoy must install what software before?
i also install .net 1~4

except Motioninjoy,what software can do that?

I've had the same problem, forum pm me if you do find a solution bro I'd greatly appreciate it, in the mean time if you just need the bare minimum for splitscreen you can use this, I use it but it's far from perfect :\ (use page 10 download and follow his directions to get a drop mana and next wave buttons!)

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?55973-Better-XBOX-Controller-emulation

I've had the same problem, forum pm me if you do find a solution bro I'd greatly appreciate it, in the mean time if you just need the bare minimum for splitscreen you can use this, I use it but it's far from perfect :\ (use page 10 download and follow his directions to get a drop mana and next wave buttons!)

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?55973-Better-XBOX-Controller-emulation

i see link post,and dwonload page10 file,then
1) Download and upzip http://www.mediafire.com/?uox72nk9vd6co8o
2) Drop the DLL file into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dungeon defenders\Binaries\Win32" or "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dungeon defenders\Binaries\Win32"
3) Launch game

but step 4
4) On character selection, press F2, then "O" to enable a character. (then F3, F4 for other slots)

i press F2 NO reaction,press F3,F4 also no reaction
how about i lost step?or has download many file?

1~download page 10 file
2~and copy to"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dungeon defenders\Binaries\Win32"
3~then Launch game
4~On character selection, press F2

I just got a PS3 controller working with my laptop as I'm considering moving to PC (I've only loaded the demo from Steam at this point).

Initially my PS3 controller wasn't being recognized in game. To fix it, I ...
1. Went into the MIJ Gamepad Tool
2. Went to the Profiles tab
3. Selected mode "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator"
4. Tested that the PS3 controller still worked by clicking the Vibration Testing button

Once I did the above, I went back into DD through Steam, and was able to join in a second toon using my USB connected PS3 controller. The button tips on screen will be for Xbox, but as long as you know the equivalent buttons on the PS3 you should be all set. I know them by heart because I've been playing on PS3 since last October.

Hope this helps.