Complete Game Failure

So as of 7.38c I've been getting game crashes. That's not entirely new, as every once in a while it happens. These crashes are very strange in that the game process completely ends and returns to my desktop. No "dundef.exe has crashed" message with a black screen or any of that. It simply just closes. I have no clue what's causing it and it's driving me nuts. It's happened 3 times this morning on Sky city. I'll get to the boss wave and suddenly the game closes during mid-combat. There's no rhyme or reason (it seems) to the crash either. It's not on a certain part of the map or during a particular moment. It just happens and then I have to start all over again. I could imagine this would be infuriating if I was doing CD runs.

So far I've verified the integrity of the steam local files, complete uninstalled and re-installed (including manually deleting the dundef directory) and it hasn't seemed to help. I will try a few more things and post my findings.

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this or if it's unique to my situation. It would be nice to know either way. One thing I have noticed is that my Logitech G35's have always given me problems with this game. When 7.38 first went live the game would just freeze up constantly and the only way to play a game was to disconnect my G35's and play without sound. This doesn't happen anymore, but I'm going to try playing with them and see what happens.

Anyways, I hope some of this data is useful. It's just a game so I'll live if it continually does this, but it would be nice if it didn't. Thanks.

after a reinstall earlier today i was getting the dundef.exe error every time on wave 7 or 8 of sky city only but now i just had it close twice without any prompt or reason and it will not create dump files for me to send in

Update: just played Karathiki and the game disappeared after 2 waves. So for me, it's not just Sky City.