Sign in to follow this  
warpedreality

big thing that needs patched

heres the BIG one that needs added to the patch notes. i was in overlord watching my crystal take 2500 damage periodically on sky. trick is i was watching it not be attacked. whats causing this. and no. its not my defences. my build goes wave 30 with little work. but somehow randomly crystal gets smaked by......ummmm.....well thats the problem. i know i'm not the only one having this problem so could anyone else share?

This has happened recently to me on Aquanos, I dont think this is map specific. I'm not sure what mob hit it, because I was standing around the crystal when it got hit, and nothing was there to hit it.

I will keep watching to see if I can get better details next time. Just wanted to confirm this has happened with me before.

I once got my minions explode in a middle of building phase. On Moraggo, which excludes hazards. Today I think something similiar happened again, buffed and full-health archer died seconds after starting the wave. Unfortunatelly, I wasn't there to watch it at that moment, but even without buff other minions were able to hold for a good while, far from anything like insta-gib.

The problem is that's unlikely to track very rare issues that happen randomly and there is no one to watch them :P

I had a minion randomly die when combat just started, it was well behind defenses and no enemies were near it yet

I've seen crystals take damage in the middle of waves without any obvious sources of damage, but when having enclosed the crystals in reflect walls in just never happens - I think it's possible that something is slipping past defences and most folks either don't see it at the right time or it doesn't render (a variety of technical reasons could explain why could happen).

One of my biggest wishes for the game would be a specific statistic at the conclusion of every game explaining what the source of damage was that killed the crystal.

Crystal Death Caused By: :kobold:

Something like that. I would surprised if this information wasn't being tracked by the game already, so it's matter of letting the player see this information - which would be helpful in helping prevent "random" game over scenarios in future.

I've seen crystals take damage in the middle of waves without any obvious sources of damage, but when having enclosed the crystals in reflect walls in just never happens - I think it's possible that something is slipping past defences and most folks either don't see it at the right time or it doesn't render (a variety of technical reasons could explain why could happen).

One of my biggest wishes for the game would be a specific statistic at the conclusion of every game explaining what the source of damage was that killed the crystal.

Crystal Death Caused By: :kobold:

Something like that. I would surprised if this information wasn't being tracked by the game already, so it's matter of letting the player see this information - which would be helpful in helping prevent "random" game over scenarios in future.

thats a great idea. and i'll have to start the reflect thing. i normally have extra du anyway. will be using reflects instead of healing auras i guess.