when i see a video of the summoner and the pets are attacking...

you can do a dps summoner that use a chicken or mega chicken and a sea horse ?? xd

summoner dps is heavily nerfed.

basically if summoners have dps pets that also help their minion stats, they can be useful as guards of sorts, or to help dps a boss a bit, but for the most part its supplemental and very minimal dmg compared to a real dps character.

i have a pretty good seahorse (minion stats), so i use it since it also helps kill DEWs that try to blitz me. it's far far far weaker than if i used that same seahorse on any other char tho.

summoner dps is heavily nerfed.

basically if summoners have dps pets that also help their minion stats, they can be useful as guards of sorts, or to help dps a boss a bit, but for the most part its supplemental and very minimal dmg compared to a real dps character.

i have a pretty good seahorse (minion stats), so i use it since it also helps kill DEWs that try to blitz me. it's far far far weaker than if i used that same seahorse on any other char tho.

Sums it up pretty well. Basically, the majority of classes can beat summoner dps with 50% of their hero damage and monks only need 25% to win as a rough estimate. The gap also gets wider at higher hero damage stats.

I have gone on about this at length in the past, but basically 1 pet on the summoner does about 1/2 the damage of 1 pet on the huntress after the patch that improved the scaling. With the huntress being second only to the EV (and Summoner) at the bottom of the list of Hero damage scaling and the lack of any weapon or offensive skills on the summoner and it makes for a pretty poor DPS class.

Funilly enough people justified this by saying the summoners job is to order minions around then most people realised that as soon as you start moving minions off of buff beams to fight enemies they die very quickly. Really the summoner doesn't have much to contribute to the combat phase. They have some advantages in repairing and upgrading safely but they also repair and upgrade slower.

I tried DPS SUmmoner for quite a while. It's ok to repair / flash hela defenses on large maps, like City in Cliffs (obligatory) and Sky City (on pair with Monk), but can't really do any kind of damage. Even killing stuck mobs at the end of the wave can be a pain.

As to repair / upgrade, my Adept can do just the same, but at least 2 times faster. WIth Summoner you need to enter Overlord mode or upgrade will be likley interrupted by any hit. Entering and leaving Overlord is just much slower than spamming the hell with Genie.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I was initially dubious at the usefulness of a DPS summoner, but I tested this on solo Aqua NMHC Mixed with success.

DPS is clearly way behind compared to a boosting monk:
- My summoner get ~2.3M DPS with two Sea Horse
- My monk get ~17M of while using weapon, a single Sea Horse and hero boosting

But a summoner has some advantages compared to a monk:
1) It can get to place (roof) a monk cannot get to. On Aqua, you can safely kill ogre copter from the roof being above them (no missile), and also help killing djins from roof.
2) It can float (usually) safely above mobs (going from one roof to another). Very useful to kill sharken stuck in gas trap and collect mana.

I found Flash Heal + Overlord makes it easy to heal any area while staying safely on "my" roof. Notes though that a monk's tower healing (when tower boosting) achieves a similar effect if the monk moves regularly all over the map.

Overlord mode can also quicken 3 stars upgrade since you don't need to wait for the upgrade to complete to switch back to collecting mana.

So, while IMHO a DPS summoner can not be a game changer to the level of a good boosting monk can, it can certainly pull its weight on some maps where floating can be put to good use.

• 2 weeks later...
I just started Summoner as my main char and i don't really see him viable as DPS class (and i have only little experience with the game). The fact that you yourself cannot do anything but stand.
Much better use would be using guardian pets to improve DPS of either minions of apprentice towers. You will get some huge results by doing so.

Goin back to the topic tho, so best DPS pets for Summoner are 2 Seahorses?

I just started Summoner as my main char and i don't really see him viable as DPS class (and i have only little experience with the game). The fact that you yourself cannot do anything but stand.
Much better use would be using guardian pets to improve DPS of either minions of apprentice towers. You will get some huge results by doing so.

Goin back to the topic tho, so best DPS pets for Summoner are 2 Seahorses?

Actually a Seahorse and Propeller Cat would be best now. A good Cat can more than double hero damage output making one seahorse better than 2 and giving you an AoE boost to other Heros DPS.

I have recently made a DPS Summoner, but I don't call it a DPS Summoner. The class I made is a Cleric Summoner or Support Summoner. I made a set of high-end trans 4x559 that had a primary focus in Flash Heal, and a secondary focus in Casting Speed. Until everything is upgraded fully, I use 2 Djinnlets for Mana-Gathering.... NOT DPS. People sometimes think that I use the Djinnlets for DPS. Yes, my Djinnlets easily whipe the floor with normal mobs, but they do not easily kill ogres or other such things. If I was really going for all out DPS, I would use a seahorse and cat, but then why not just be a monk?

The point to my class is my 3000 points of Flash Heal. I think I went way over the soft cap on it, but my flash heal can be quite the life saver in big laggy maps. My casting speed is 1700 while my HP is 1500. All other stats don't really matter. My armor has resists because a dead Support Summoner isn't a very helpful one. I can upgrade very quickly and flash heal every 8 seconds to heal myself, nearby heroes, or nearby defenses. When I'm done upgrading everything. Slap on 2 Rocks for 4K flash heal and 2.7K casting speed; sit tight in overlord healing everything constantly. I only use the rocks for extended survivals where my measly 58K HP won't last more than 2 hits even with my 85% resists. I'm better used in overlord mode only. For campaign and smaller missions, I don't use the rocks because it greatly lowers my mana intake, and that is the catalyst of my ever-prevalent usefulness of Constant Perpetual Flash Healing.

• 2 months later...
Personally, my DPS summoner uses a genie and seahorse, works great, I can kill small mobs with ease and if an ogre is near I fill up my mana pool pretty much with one shot from my seahorse, and that's at level 94 with 1900 max mana. I can upgrade entire areas super easy then once all upgrades are done I just switch to my monk and boost. I don't know why more people don't just do that kinda thing with a hero build summoner.

Support Summoners, with armour (which I'm currently "borrowing" off my other DPS chars) and damage pets, can be really helpful in a Summoner only situation (armour gathering anybody?). Flash Heal scales quite well, and being able to do 1 every 10 seconds (or 2/3/4 every 10 seconds depending on how many summoners you've got) helps a lot when you can't actually take the ogres out of areas any more

• 4 weeks later...
Somebody suggested Monkey + Genie combo. I must admit it's the very best one and my DPS summoner is now most often used char thanks to that. This combination gives you infinite and very reliable mana source that scales well. No need to ever "collect" mana as Monkey is very reliable if only there are any alive enemies around.
In fact, I get mana faster than I can use it and upgrade all the defenses within like 5 waves on any map, including Sky City (170 DU).

The purpose of all this is, of course, to farm armor, but also AFK (or semi-AFK) many games where you don't really want to play actively and just heal stuff from time to time.

atm im using horse plus genie lol

i can still afk fine i just let defenses do all the work and just flash heal