are level 90s not common?

I see a few level 90s every now and then but why arent there more 90s? i see most people in the 70s and 80s and that being their highest character. this is my 5th day playing the game and im already 87 on my squire and hoping to hit 90 today.

Most of the big players tend to play in private matches. I have 4, going on 7 real soon, level 90's. We jsut know people and group with them then jump in random games.

Most of the big players tend to play in private matches. I have 4, going on 7 real soon, level 90's. We jsut know people and group with them then jump in random games.

Completely agree, after the sales more and more games of "MY LEVEL OR LOWER" on Medium are showing up. But big players tend to play private matches with steam friend, whom they trust. Because that's a big issue, trust.

My self I havea lvl 87 Squire and other 5 lvl 78 chars.

Yup. Mostly private matches for me too. Seems like every game nowadays is "help me need builder" or something similar. If I ever play pub it's so I don't have to think and just want to hack-n-slash. It makes pub play really undesirable when everyone just wants you to carry them. What's worse are the ones who expect you to and get mad when you won't.

I personally stopped playing public rooms when I got 5 level 83's pre-90 patch. I can't deal with other peoples lag, hacks, complaints, rules, ect.

Yup. Mostly private matches for me too. Seems like every game nowadays is "help me need builder" or something similar. If I ever play pub it's so I don't have to think and just want to hack-n-slash. It makes pub play really undesirable when everyone just wants you to carry them. What's worse are the ones who expect you to and get mad when you won't.

well yes most of them are "help me need builder" and wants you to cary him like a baby (sorry for that) in CD or survival maps while he be afk or staying on the crystal

Well, thats what the game's gonna get when people can't make any real progress on their own because the difficulty of nightmare has shot through the roof and loot sucks at low end maps / early waves and people can't get to the later waves. While it is kinda for people to beg like that, I can't fault all of them if they truly can't make any kind of progress.

Well, thats what the game's gonna get when people can't make any real progress on their own because the difficulty of nightmare has shot through the roof and loot sucks at low end maps

Then ask for help, not someone to build for you. I've had way too many bad experiences jumping into rooms with *want builder* etc.

One way someone is going to get better, is showing them the things we already know and explaining why. When I do help people (happens atleast once a week), I make sure they build, b/c they dont learn anything from watching my wtf stats (to them) mince everything. I might supply the gas/snares/drains if they havent got a monk/huntress, but I make sure I show them how I choose positions so that hopefully they can do it in future (and tell them that they will need access to these in NM)

On Topic:
Another reason you won't see many 90's is the massive XP required after 83, which is not really worth bothering with if you arent going to be using Ultimate gear.

I'm 3/12 so far with no grinding, but summoner is mainly b/c of MRTS.

Well, thats what the game's gonna get when people can't make any real progress on their own because the difficulty of nightmare has shot through the roof and loot sucks at low end maps / early waves and people can't get to the later waves. While it is kinda for people to beg like that, I can't fault all of them if they truly can't make any kind of progress.
+1 i agree, people cant progress on thier own at all they have to buy stuff from others or get carried all time

I agree with the difficulty in progressing. However, i have spent days upon days grinding it out and testing builds myself. How can I not expect others to do the same? I'm not saying I don't host and carry people (I do), I'm just saying that getting kicked from someones game because you won't build from them just proves the spoiled "give me everything without the work" mentality that many young people seem to have these days.

There aren't many level 90's because there aren't very many people who are willing to work at it. I can't tell you the number of times I've gone to help players and 99/100 times they haven't done what I asked... Sold defenses, refused to upgrade / repair towers.

I have been pushed over the edge to the point where I don't bother helping people. Because when I spend my time helping people get to the max level and getting them geared then they decide to block me and act as if we never met each other it becomes quit exhausting and I have better things to do.

There aren't many level 90's because there aren't very many people who are willing to work at it. I can't tell you the number of times I've gone to help players and 99/100 times they haven't done what I asked... Sold defenses, refused to upgrade / repair towers.

I have been pushed over the edge to the point where I don't bother helping people. Because when I spend my time helping people get to the max level and getting them geared then they decide to block me and act as if we never met each other it becomes quit exhausting and I have better things to do.

That pretty much sums my feelings, you reach a point where public games are not the best thing to do. I was bored last night and made a room to level people on cliffs, only one rule, no afk, the few who really wanted to play the game and remained active up to the end where commenting how up to that point they had never seen anyone doing cliffs, and how they had never seen a host doing stuff.

Thought that with the all sales, pack 4 being released and all the game was going to pick up again, it did, to some extent, but you just don't see it on the ingame server list, those who spend a decent amount of time with the game eventually go private.

I have 4 level 90 (3 builders and 1 dps).

I usally cross the path of other level 90 players when playing map like boss rush / volcano. IMHO, the classic campaign maps are just too easy for a lvl 90 to have fun (well sometime you want easy, but usually you want to have a challenge).

Weird stuff, is that nowadays you can see level 83 "dps" with neg res and 30% res at best :/. Sometime they don't even understand when we explain that their res are too low. Can't figure how that can be even when I started the game 9 months ago, I knew what resistance was about well before I even tried insane difficulty. It's just what were the important one and how to get to 90% in nm that was not obvious...

Sometime they don't even understand when we explain that their res are too low. Can't figure how that can be even when I started the game 9 months ago, I knew what resistance was about well before I even tried insane difficulty. It's just what were the important one and how to get to 90% in nm that was not obvious...

Power levelling has much to answer for...

Power levelling has much to answer for...

Just like guns and dynamite have a lot to answer for?

Hey, you should check open; EVERYONE is 90 because of that stupid instant-90 map. -_-

I'd prefer to stay on ranked. if i went to open it sounds like everyone is in the best gear and downing maps easily. i prefer to work for my gear, its just funner that way and i wont get bored of the game as quick.

Another aspect to the lack of high level people in public matches is paranoia. After a recent bad experience I'm now utterly paranoid about hacked loot. The fact that the Item Check thread routinely has people call hacks on perfectly possible items doesn't exactly inspire confidence, but my new policy is that if I didn't see it drop or appear in the tavern keeper it's just not worth the risk. This is a pity, since I'd actually quite like to both sell and buy from player shops, and I used to play with a group of acquaintances, but the impossibility to be sure of the provenance of an item means I value the hundreds of hours invested in my account more than I value the social aspects of the game.

All this means I play pretty much only with my sister or mother, though thankfully they're both addicted.

Unfortunately, despite my best efforts my husband remains immune to the bug.

Another aspect to the lack of high level people in public matches is paranoia. After a recent bad experience I'm now utterly paranoid about hacked loot. The fact that the Item Check thread routinely has people call hacks on perfectly possible items doesn't exactly inspire confidence, but my new policy is that if I didn't see it drop or appear in the tavern keeper it's just not worth the risk. This is a pity, since I'd actually quite like to both sell and buy from player shops, and I used to play with a group of acquaintances, but the impossibility to be sure of the provenance of an item means I value the hundreds of hours invested in my account more than I value the social aspects of the game.

All this means I play pretty much only with my sister or mother, though thankfully they're both addicted.

But you do know it's only 1 or 2 players that is in the item check thread deciding whether it is hacked or not. Plus sometimes you can tell it's hacked.

But you do know it's only 1 or 2 players that is in the item check thread deciding whether it is hacked or not. Plus sometimes you can tell it's hacked.

Of course it's easy to tell if an item has half a million damage and seventy billion extra projectiles. I'm not worried about being taken in by obviously illegitimate items, I'm worried about things that look plausible but were in fact meddled with. The sentiment that crops up again and again in the Item Check thread is 'too good to be true,' which is understandable, but it essentially means that the very best genuine drops fresh from whatever arcane process spawns items are automatically suspect, and you pour billions into upgrading them and then actually using them at your own risk.

I've sold quite a few fantastic items in the past, but each time I found one I was genuinely gratified because they were obviously excellent - finding something actually great is the analogue of 'winning' in this and every other stat based loot game. If I found a comparable item today I would trash it immediately because until there is a reliable and definitive way to discern what is real and what is not I am not willing to take the risk that someone would decide it was 'too good to be true.' My own recent experience has left a rather unpleasant taste in the mouth, but I would suggest it's perverse that - in a loot game, of all things - the best loot is automatically suspect.

Of course it's easy to tell if an item has half a million damage and seventy billion extra projectiles. I'm not worried about being taken in by obviously illegitimate items, I'm worried about things that look plausible but were in fact meddled with. The sentiment that crops up again and again in the Item Check thread is 'too good to be true,' which is understandable, but it essentially means that the very best genuine drops fresh from whatever arcane process spawns items are automatically suspect, and you pour billions into upgrading them and then actually using them at your own risk.

I've sold quite a few fantastic items in the past, but each time I found one I was genuinely gratified because they were obviously excellent - finding something actually great is the analogue of 'winning' in this and every other stat based loot game. If I found a comparable item today I would trash it immediately because until there is a reliable and definitive way to discern what is real and what is not I am not willing to take the risk that someone would decide it was 'too good to be true.' My own recent experience has left a rather unpleasant taste in the mouth, but I would suggest it's perverse that - in a loot game, of all things - the best loot is automatically suspect.

Trendy representatives, not the mods but actual Trendy employees, have repeatedly stated that they will ban obvious hacks only, so the best loot is not automatically suspect.

Nevertheless you are right and the paranoia is unbearable and is making public games a burden not worth the hassle.

My wife, brother, and sister all absolutely LOVE this game. Playing it with them makes it TONS more fun.