Patch Discussion 7.39

Patch Notes: http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?58073

Keep it here and keep it civil, please.

If you have suggestions that are not related to the upcoming patch, make a thread about it here.

If you have problems after downloading the patch make sure to first try verifying your cache.

1: Open your steam library
2: Right click Dungeon Defenders (http://i.imgur.com/UyPCa.jpg)
3: Click properties (http://i.imgur.com/JvLz2.jpg)
4: Click local files (http://i.imgur.com/TO5wC.png)
5: Click verify integrity of game cache (http://i.imgur.com/IZDGD.png)

[QUOTE]* Added "Palantir" Bonus campaign mission to Ranked and Open Mode, includes 4 new Accessory items.[/QUOTE]

Thank You !!!!!!!!!!!, runs off to play.

I wonder if Palantir drops the ogre hat that we wanted.

I dont know, 13/14 so far, on Easy and it gives INSANE a run for its money...., Ogre, Ogre, Ogre, Ogre, Ogre, Ogre.

I dont know, 13/14 so far, on Easy and it gives INSANE a run for its money...., Ogre, Ogre, Ogre, Ogre, Ogre, Ogre.

NM ogres have 30M HP by the end... (and with choppers, its near 50 of them)

Oh look another worthless patch, taking lessons from GameForge4D development department eh? No Copter Ogre nerf = game unplayable.

*holds breath for mac speed tests* I hope!

** Edit **

Seahorse still not fixed sadly :(

Playing Aqua NMHC Survival.

Just watched an Ogre Copter fly right over the top of 3 x Harpoons (buffed), Gas Trap, Proximity Trap, Mage Minion, 2 x Orc Minions. Never seen that happen until now. My defences didn't even put a scratch on it. I had to run down and take the copter and the ogre out myself otherwise I would have been a gonner!!!!

Palantir NM HC MM
The ogres are hacking, all their hp are ranging from 600k - 80m+ from wave 8 - 11 (currently at wave 11 when this is posted).

Oh look another worthless patch, taking lessons from GameForge4D development department eh? No Copter Ogre nerf = game unplayable.

this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

dont be surprised, i tried to start a thread to get their attention about this issue. they decided it wasnt related to the patch and moved it.

All new Trendy maps have very bad balance between difficulty and rewards. You have to be lvl74 with good Mythical gears to beat Palantir on Easy, and you will get Stocky and Worn rewards for it. Original Palantir from Workshop has much better balance so Trendy didn't make the map better, but just ruined the balance.

All new Trendy maps have very bad balance between difficulty and rewards. You have to be lvl74 with good Mythical gears to beat Palantir on Easy, and you will get Stocky and Worn rewards for it. Original Palantir from Workshop has much better balance so Trendy didn't make the map better, but just ruined the balance.

I was going to say, I didnt notice it being *THAT* difficult, even on easy. All Trendy did was say "Hey guys, wouldnt it be funny if we took Nightmare difficulty and called it Easy on this map" ?

^Lol, this sounds bizarre :D Original Palantir was too easy on NM, though.

I didn't expect the boss just to burn my hero to death before I noticed what's going on :( Otherwise, it's ok, just has very difficult start on NM and then it's easy.

"(it's only fiar)"

so to make it fair, does minions spider webs Fully affect enemy ogres just as it affects anyhting on our end? because if it doesnt then you guys didn't make it fair to begin with. now i'm only guessing minion webs don't fully effect ogres, if they do then cool. that includes, slow effect.

Oh for christ's sake. Why is DD getting updates every 3-4 hours? I'm kinda tired of my internet slowing down suddenly thanks to Steam being a resource hog, and it's getting really, really goddamned annoying to see that within the span of a day I've gotten 6-8 updates from DD.

Very nice so far, but if you're going to hotfix, could you please add all of the hotfixes to the notes? I think Boss Rush crashing is fairly major. As is the Crystalline Dimension wave start fix. Any others that happened?

I'd just like the notes to be complete, please. :)

Why was the Survival leaderboard reset? That's kind of incredibly annoying..

Probably because it had such questionable scores as someone with over 100 million points listed under HMHC (NOT NM) Magus Quarters and they only got to wave 12.

* Reduced Goblin Copter floating height by 33%, enabling melee characters to more easily hit them

* Further reduced Goblin Copter flight speed by 20%

* Made Copter Ogres lose 70% of HP if they are dropped from a destroyed Copter

completely utterly worthless unless the following is added:
*Made Copters no longer carry ogres

or with lightning tower / etherael trap / deadly strike tower make copters drop their cargo...

Well, with reduced flares on the copters, my harpoons are now killing the copters in Magus Quarters right over the lava pits. That's a win in my book compared to before when they ignored them completely.

Yup nerf minions when they are already under powered and only really usable for support roles, like taking out spiders or smaller flying mob locations. Yup, great idea Trendy Failures. Still no actual patch that does anything good to the game, great work ruining the game further then ever possible, I expect another over the top fail patch in a few days.