Copters Should Be affect by Gas Trap In Next Patch

Hello,

Since Copter Fly over stuff and as Djinn do, they should be effect but Gas Trap. I'm not sure if'll cause issue but it'll make dealing with them less frustarting.

It does even have to be all the time. They can be only effect after they drop an orge.

Thanks

If anything the fins of the copters should blow the gas from the traps away for a little bit as they pass over!

Naw, copters don't need the same zomg fall-back tactic everyone had for djinn/sharken. A more unique counter needs to be considered if anything. Just because they 'fly and take the same damage' doesnt mean they should behave exactly the same. Otherwise there's no point in adding a new enemy at all.

Slice and Dice, trendy! Bring it back with a vengeance. The air currents from the blades alone would keep copters far away and could possibly even deflect missles and it'd be like a personal bubble of safety wherever one was. Let the radius of the bubble increase with tower range and when you place a slice and dice you can see an aura-like range to determine how much rocket/chopper protection you get. Ta-daaa..

Other towers to consider for missile blowback: DST (Also should be able to target these very accurately.. It's a deadly striker tower! Its implied in the name that it should be your pinpoint accuracy tower)

Other concepts: Make missiles targettable by 'fast' towers. I.e. Lightning towers would be able to protect a choke from missiles (While eating into their DPS during waves of missiles so it's still in your best interest to kill the copters). Electric auras would make it too easy... Enrage auras affecting missiles would be epic...

Just trying to figure out something because after the Copter drop orge behind wall (I don't really mind it) My turrent are trying to kill the orge and the Copter is just chilling at the top dropping missle on Minion/towers.

Note: I do use Aura just something a copter gets through

no. copter as of now is fine. im happy with the way it works. it doesnt make any sense what so ever that a machine stops cause of gas

no. copter as of now is fine. im happy with the way it works. it doesnt make any sense what so ever that a machine stops cause of gas

Other than thousands of lives saved everyday by fans BLOWING GAS away? Since you know.. It's.. GAS... And BLOWS... Hell, it's a military tactic to use the blades of a helicopter to blow away gas/smoke from smoke bombs..

Sorry, but on what level does it not make sense? Machines are 'stopping cause of gas' as you put it every single day. Helicopters included. Sure, the trap itself would continue to create more gas, but realistically, helicopter blades would keep it blown down far enough it would never be a threat.

Not that I even care to debate this. Hehhh.. You took the one sarcastic part of my post seriously.. XD I wasn't actually suggesting they make them blow the gas away. Even though it'd be more realistic and I would praise trendy forever for it :P The trap would still be there. It's just more incentive for players to kill the copter instead of trying to let their towers do it.

Other than thousands of lives saved everyday by fans BLOWING GAS away? Since you know.. It's.. GAS... And BLOWS... Hell, it's a military tactic to use the blades of a helicopter to blow away gas/smoke from smoke bombs..

Sorry, but on what level does it not make sense? Machines are 'stopping cause of gas' as you put it every single day. Helicopters included. Sure, the trap itself would continue to create more gas, but realistically, helicopter blades would keep it blown down far enough it would never be a threat.

Not that I even care to debate this. Hehhh.. You took the one sarcastic part of my post seriously.. XD I wasn't actually suggesting they make them blow the gas away. Even though it'd be more realistic and I would praise trendy forever for it :P The trap would still be there. It's just more incentive for players to kill the copter instead of trying to let their towers do it.

nor was i. just pointing out that it doesnt make sense that they would stop at the gas trap. since a machine doesnt have trouble with gas

[QUOTE]My turrent are trying to kill the orge and the Copter is just chilling at the top dropping missle on Minion/towers. [/QUOTE]Reflect beams :) They are your friend in situations like this!

nor was i. just pointing out that it doesnt make sense that they would stop at the gas trap. since a machine doesnt have trouble with gas

Ohhh. My bad, I thought you were saying it didnt make sense that a machine could blow the gas away.

Yeah, we totally agree then. lol.. Gas traps make no sense vs. helicopters. I'm sure the pilots inside have air masks on even if any gas manages to somehow get inside.

Reflect beams :) They are your friend in situations like this!

I've been placing reflect beam recently but for some reason their missle with do like a U-turn on the ground after bouncing off it and come back around the reflect, instead of blowing up. I wish I could record it but its odd how it happens.

I've been placing reflect beam recently but for some reason their missle with do like a U-turn on the ground after bouncing off it and come back around the reflect, instead of blowing up. I wish I could record it but its odd how it happens.

* Reflect beams now turn enemy rockets into friendly homing rockets that will either track the copter that shot it, ignoring it's flares or a nearby spot on the ground with 'many' enemies on it. (I.e. making sure the aoe is useful), picking whichever seems like it would be more useful for you at the time.

April fools.

I'd say a good counter for the copters would be lightning towers. Getting hit with lightning would mess up the electronic systems (hopefully there ARE some in there?) and would cause an immediate release of the ogre and stun the copter so it can't fire flares, making it targetable by other defenses.

Alternate: Death Strike Towers. Ultra long range, snipe the copters before they get close enough to use their flares.

Both of these would be viable and sensible.

Have spider minions be able to slow or even possibly down copters by webbing there rotor. Make a hit have a high chance of slowing like 90% or better. Something like 25% chance to down them. This would not be perfect because not everyone has summoner.
This would help encourage the use of spider minions more often. Let's face facts if we had coptors we would get webbed down 100% of the time so could work.

Fyi, they're not machines, there's little goblins piloting them. They'd easily be affected by the gas. However, the propellers very likely blow it away, hence no impact on the gobbos.

Fyi, they're not machines, there's little goblins piloting them. They'd easily be affected by the gas. However, the propellers very likely blow it away, hence no impact on the gobbos.

Which is exactly what I said. >.> And why it would make more sense for copters to cripple gas traps than gas traps to cripple copters.