* Buffed Apprentice Towers Damage Ramp by 15%

Well, this was ninja'd into 7.38e without anybody noticing.

Ramp buffs/nerfs tend to have pretty huge results - this should put FB a fair way above Harps for raw single-target DPS, though whether the aoe will be better than pierce is another matter.

Gonna need some testing to see if MM and DST are worth using in any way, though.

You're not the only person that's ever suggested buffing apprentice towers.

Mac's been going on about the App needing a buff for the last couple weeks, and it usually gets suggested at least once a month.

Besides, they did ninja it in. Nobody noticed until it had already happened. That's the core part of it being a ninja buff.

I think dingle's point was that it's a great change and it silently appeared unbeknownst to many. :-)

That's why hitmo is the white ninja

notes have been up a whole 12 minutes before your post, I am sure we would have noticed as well

This migh be great. Might see missiles used a little bit more in layouts. Fireballs seem a little bit powerful atm, glad to see a buff for this class at least. Been needing it for a little while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

That's it. I'm gonna make a huge post in a new thread with what they need to do to towers - and not just buffing damage across the board. This is so ****ing lazy. Not saying App towers couldn't use this buff, but I am saying this isn't the right answer.

My FB towers now do 80k damage at 0.08 rate. Harpoons with same stats do 115k with 0.11. Both are on buffs 3 starred.

harpoons do 627272k per minute, FB do 600000k per minute.

600000k per minute? You do realize that's 10mil per second?

Anyway, I tested with some lower end gear, no accessories or weapons, both rate and attack stats at 120, and harpoons did less DPS than 2 missiles and fireball towers.

Just because nobody posted a thread about it doesn't mean it was ninjaed. They had it posted on the upcoming notes before release.

More of ninja'd as in added in a short while before patch AND it was included at the top of the patch notes, which people would usually ignore after viewing the upcoming patch notes several times.

Apprentice towers are still much less useful that Squires and the DPS difference is minimal I'll still one shot most mobs.

<.< ... >.> ninja'd!! But, it had to be otherwise everyone would want to change the amount of buff, or have some other complaint because they've had too much time to think about it, this way we get to be happy!! :D

Thank you Trendy!! My adept is happy again!!

Ninjas are such.

Still, this may be nice, as recently auras and minion walls were taking over. Though I'd also like to see "Deathly Striker damage ramp rised, high-end DS will now do 10x more damage)" ;)

I built some towers in NM, buff beamed and triple starred, inactive builder, and calculated damage/rate. Compared to my harpoon:
Fireballs 13% worse (was around 25% before)
MM about 25% worse, so 2 MMs are like 1.5 harpoons w/o piercing.
Seems well-balanced based on DU usage.
Since it's a buff to the damage ramp, your results may vary based on stats.

No idea how to calculate lightning tower. How long is the pause between shots?

No idea how to calculate lightning tower. How long is the pause between shots?

I think its 3 times a second. It still dosent do enough though

lightning towers pulse way more than 3 times a second on a target. its at least 6.

whatever though. im still facepalming over the fact that you all are fighting over whether or not this was a "ninja buff." does it really matter? its in; its awesome; be done with it.

doubt ill be using MM towers any time soon though. or FB towers. EV+monk+summoner+traptress is where its at.

Be interested to know why people think it was ninja'd?
it was never in the patch notes.. that's why.. They added it to the patch notes when the patch went current it's either that or I missed it in upcoming patch notes :p

who cares how it was added to patch notes
why are people making a big deal about it haha

who cares how it was added to patch notes
why are people making a big deal about it haha
NO BIG DEAL?! you know how long players have been asking for mage towers to get bufffed?

it was never in the patch notes.. that's why.. They added it to the patch notes when the patch went current it's either that or I missed it in upcoming patch notes :p

That's not ninja'ing. Ninja would not have it in the patch notes at all.

my 2c. having patch notes for roughly I think it was 30-40 hours? cant remember exactly, then posting it at launch of said patch, is most definitely a ninja.

Just sayin'