What's your favorite Dungeon Defenders map?

Etherian Gameland FTW... oops, not out yet! :D

A little explanation why it's your favorite would be nice. Maybe even a pic :-)

-type R blood-

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first started playing, I really liked the aesthetic of Royal Gardens: the mini hedge maze sections and the columns, which are a lovely location for bowling ball turrets, are just the few things that stand out.

In terms of getting somewhere fast, Aquanos is wonderfully efficient. I really adore all of the details of the map. It's just an overall great map -- great design, great function.

I'm sorry, but I can't select just one :3

Area 1: Deeper Well - It's small and compact, yet even still the survival run can kick yer arse nine times till sunday, it's a great challenge and a good example of the rest of the game to come.

Area 2: Castle Armory - Countess Ogre Punting never gets old, and this map is also rather open yet twisted in it's paths, allowing apprentice towers to rain bombardment in relative safety :3

Area 3: Ramparts - Mix of reasons. Death From Above, early access to Nightmare, the last level before it switches to night, the sight of the port below... However, it also gave us Helloween Spooktacular, a taste of what was to come for holiday events >_>;

Bonus Core Maps: Frostdale - Admittedly it's one not brought up a lot, and it's a bit isometric in comparison to other core maps, thanks to the original design for it to be a PVP/CTF map, however Frostdale seems to... work in the setting as a sleepy little artic town. That and Etherian Holiday Extraviganza, my favorite holiday event, is set here :3

Shards Maps: Sky City - The entire astetics, the minor easter egg of EV's launching tube, those goddamn copters, and even the fact where I started cracking up at seeing just a random trash item floating in midair on one of the air vents. My first (successful) playthrough of this was on medium, and even then it was literally by the skin of one's teeth we survived to see the end credits. The airship is a unique boss even by DD's huge standards, and really helps to bookened the series.

Favorite Boss: Crystalline Dimension - I haven't reached that fated final encounter yet, however, I can allready say one thing: Trendy, ya know how to write a finale'. From the Fridge Logic of the Summoner unable to Phase Shift (a bit ****ish in play, though, but to be fair, he's allready home) to the fact it's 4 MAPS in one mission, at the very least, means this is definately a challenge I'll be waiting anxiously to get someone to 90 to face :D

My favorite map for gameplay in the shards expansions is definitely Sky City - it's small enough to be manageable for solo players, not needlessly confusing to navigate, and manages to be that without losing any real difficulty. Plus the actual play of the map is fast-paced and hectic. Though, the boss is somewhat of a hassle.

Crystalline Dimension suits the mood perfectly, all the way through - but even though the maps changing is interesting, having to set up the defenses over and over gets annoying, especially with the sizes of the areas. There's also some annoying issues like Djinn and Wyverns occasionally getting stuck on terrain, which isn't good on a timed map. But the aesthetic is perfect, music, atmosphere, intensity. All good.

The biggest change I'd like to see to the Crystalline Dimension is splitting it into 4 stages. Add 2-3 waves to each of the standard defense maps, but make it so we don't have to start all over from map 1 if we die once in HC, because it takes far too long to reach the final boss only to be screwed over by a single attack. Have the rescued legendary heroes open permanent portals to their stage in the tavern or something.

All in all, Shards 4 has been my favorite part of the Shards DLC. Misty's good, but Moraggo's too large and complex for solo play to be fun, and aqua's just a little too much of the large side as well. Talay, Karathiki and City in the Cliffs were obviously designed for large groups - but this maps solo play very un-fun for those, too - after unlocking the costumes on them, I haven't been back since, because I haven't wanted to play them again.

Of the older maps, I'd say I most enjoy playing the ones with less crystals, in terms of gameplay - perhaps because I mostly solo. But Hall of Court, Royal Gardens and Ramparts are definitely the best looking of the originals, in my opinion.

In the future, I want to see new small maps. We can't all play in large groups.

Have the rescued legendary heroes open permanent portals to their stage in the tavern or something.

Wow. Love this idea! :)

my favorite map is crystalline dimension because i love how balanced the map is and how i fall through the floor during boss fight with HC on i like that very much best design with colors as well because it feels so good with the flames and stuff

id rate the map a -9/10 -.-

Definitely moraggo, it's just a really bright map with cool music and quite a few options on where to build, versus sky city and aquanos where you have maybe 3 optional chokepoints in aq and 1 or 2 in sky (so far - working out something). Though it was pretty ridiculous finding out the copters can spawn where djinn do on that map.

Karathiki and crystalline dimensions come next. Kara I can't really play, but it's got such an awesome atmosphere. crystalline I can play, mostly, but has just as good of an atmosphere.

The biggest change I'd like to see to the Crystalline Dimension is splitting it into 4 stages. Add 2-3 waves to each of the standard defense maps, but make it so we don't have to start all over from map 1 if we die once in HC, because it takes far too long to reach the final boss only to be screwed over by a single attack. Have the rescued legendary heroes open permanent portals to their stage in the tavern or something.

Yes please. Yes please. Yes please. Yes please. Yes please. Yes please. Yes please.

I hate the Crystalline Dimension because of this. I'd love it if it were cut into stages as you suggested!