Sky City solo survival wave 25+

Here is my current build: http://ddplanner.com/?l=9284,cloud-city-survival-nmhc

I'll try to get some screenshots the next time I run it.

I died on either wave 28 or 29, but I was also making lots of modifications throughout the course of the run and am confident I would have cleared wave 30 had I used this from the get go. What caused me to lose was a wyvern fireball taking out the northeast wall at south crystal, which is when I saw that I needed a reflect wall there for the later waves (those things hit for a lot).

stats:

HP/ATTK/RANGE/RATE

summoner: 1.9/2.8/1.5/1.4
squire: 1.0/3.0/1.0/2.3
adept: 0.85/3.3/1.5/2.15
ev: 2.8/1.9/1.0/0.6
trapper: 1.3/2.5/1.7/1.7
auras: 1.4/2.75/2.0/2.1

I would highly recommend having at least 2k wall health and closer to 3k would be ideal; the walls can take some punishment and need to be able survive the wave. If you don't have this high of wall health, I would suggest trying to tweak a few things so you can add more reflects. You also obviously want your trap and aura radius to be at the point of diminishing returns, which i believe is 1.4k for traps and 1.9k for auras.

Other than that, just run around with an active dps character. Some things may occasionally need repairs.
With a duo this should work extremely well with one guy at the north, on guy at the south and then occasionally checking at the middle.
old build: http://ddplanner.com/?l=9203,i-saw-a-city-in-the-clouds

I'm not sure you'd need the gas trap top left, I got to 26 and the wall never got pushed. Same for that enrage in the middle, it's already covered by the gas trap, unless it works on copters I doubt it's helping much. And only 2 fireball towers north, is kinda weird but I guess your app/squire builders are probably closer together than mine so the aoe makes up for the lesser dps. I'll have to try the minion wall on mid, it'd be nice to detach the buff beam from the wall so ogres can't quite reach the harps/fb.

I have yet to try mix since shards 4 hit, I wonder just how much gets switched up with the copters.

dont see why the north inferno is where its at. either place it in the mid or move it to the other side because that side rarely gets any action. like 3 ogres per wave and the other side gets atleast 20

dont see why the north inferno is where its at. either place it in the mid or move it to the other side because that side rarely gets any action. like 3 ogres per wave and the other side gets atleast 20

Like I said, it's still a work in progress. But I originally two electric auras but replaced one with that one with an inferno to free up some DU (and due to it getting less traffic like you said). And when I tried I didn't have my fireball towers angled very well on that crystal, but next time I'll probably try without the trap.

I'm not sure you'd need the gas trap top left, I got to 26 and the wall never got pushed. Same for that enrage in the middle, it's already covered by the gas trap, unless it works on copters I doubt it's helping much.

I think that gas trap helpful. Though I might try taking out the gas and inferno on the right and adding another fireball maybe. As far as the enrage goes, I'm still debating on keeping those, but I did next plan on getting rid of the middle one like you suggested and trying walled setup on the south crystal.

I'm not sure you'd need the gas trap top left, I got to 26 and the wall never got pushed.

That gas trap isn't for Sharken, it's for the Djinn who like to hang around the corner there and desummon bits of your build. (I've grown to truly hate that "desummoning" sound... :D )

That gas trap isn't for Sharken, it's for the Djinn who like to hang around the corner there and desummon bits of your build. (I've grown to truly hate that "desummoning" sound... :D )

That never happened to me either ... perhaps you put your towers too far into the alcove.

Bump, I'm giving the build a bit of an overhaul but I think I have something that works out really well

just say when the overhauls updated on DD planner, i'm gonna give your original one a go.

What's the recommended starting wave for this new build?

If you're soloing it might be best to start from the beginning and put some temporary walls up where the minions will go.

If you're in a duo (or more), then start at a later wave.

And for comparison's sake, I would say that this map with minions feels as difficult as Aquanos without minions.

An update to this, I initially tried it without an inferno. Once I hit wave 20 the walls got pushed every time. Once I put the inferno there everything was good.

Here is my current build: http://ddplanner.com/?l=9268,cloud-city-solo-survival-nmhc

I'll try to get some screenshots the next time I run it.

I died on either wave 28 or 29, but I was also making lots of modifications throughout the course of the run and am confident I would have cleared wave 30 had I used this from the get go. What caused me to lose was a wyvern fireball taking out the northeast wall at south crystal, which is when I saw that I needed a reflect wall there for the later waves (those things hit for a lot).

stats:

HP/ATTK/RANGE/RATE

summoner: 1.9/2.8/1.5/1.4
squire: 1.0/3.0/1.0/2.3
adept: 0.85/3.3/1.5/2.15
ev: 2.8/1.9/1.0/0.6
trapper: 1.3/2.5/1.7/1.7
auras: 1.4/2.75/2.0/2.1

Other than that, just run around with an active dps character. Some things may occasionally need repairs.
With a duo this should work extremely well with one guy at the north, on guy at the south and then occasionally checking at the middle.
old build: http://ddplanner.com/?l=9203,i-saw-a-city-in-the-clouds

i replaced the harps with fireball towers (because i don't have two sets for those two classes) and used the 2 DU i saved an upgraded the south and north fire traps to elec aura's. which made me happier.

i replaced the harps with fireball towers (because i don't have two sets for those two classes) and used the 2 DU i saved an upgraded the south and north fire traps to elec aura's. which made me happier.

How did it work for you otherwise though?

How did it work for you otherwise though?

oh i never got a chance to find out, it's so busy here i home i'll have to wait till i get to work where i won't be disturbed. i'll let you know.

Apprentice 1.5 3.1 1.2 2.0
Traps 1.4 1.9 1.8 1.8
Aura's 1.1 1.4 1.9 1.2
EV 1.6 1.6 1.6 1.1
Summoner 2.1 2.2 648 1.2

oh i never got a chance to find out, it's so busy here i home i'll have to wait till i get to work where i won't be disturbed. i'll let you know.

App 1.2 3.2 1.1 1.5
EV 1.6 1.6 1.6 1.1
Monk 1.2 1.5 1.9 1.0
Huntress 1.2 1.5 1.8. 1.0
Summoner 2.0 2.0 700 1.1

One thing I should have mentioned in the op, which I'll add now is that you probably want at least 2k health for your walls. The walls will occasionally take some hits and need enough hp to survive the waves, 1.5k might not be enough in waves 25 and beyond.

One thing I should have mentioned in the op, which I'll add now is that you probably want at least 2k health for your walls. The walls will occasionally take some hits and need enough hp to survive the waves, 1.5k might not be enough in waves 25 and beyond.

I'll still give it a go, and if it doesn't work out because walls are taking a beating, i might try minion walls without real walls for ability to heal self. Then i'll either move the fire towers so minions protect them, or just get rid of them. with strength drain my monk is able to drop the ogres before the next one pops. use the extra DU on more traps and aura's to drop the ninjas.

I finally had a chance to try your new build. i got to wave 21 and lost because i had minions to close to the northwest crystal. but i did learn alot about the build.

first i'll start off by saying i replaced all harpoons with fire towers and then replaced fire traps with electric aura's. then i moved the strength drain on the northeast crystal forward because theirs no reason not to. after getting to wave 11 on my dps genie/seahorse summoner i noticed many walls were taking a severe beating more than a wall should.

the south wall ont he right side was getting hit directly from the right, so i repositioned reflect beam to Just cover it's right flank and also alittle fromt eh front. it worked perfectly, from there on out the south side took no greater than 5% damage to the end.

then i sold the fire trap on the east crystal, and put 3DU worth of reflects in the front of the walls and minions to eliminate rocket exposure, and it worked. didnt need to repair anything there either.

and now frot he crux, north west crystal. my undoing, was that minions were to close to the crystal, so every ogre swing hit it whne they were int he right spot. but i expanded the reflect beam to 2DU towards the north wall because rockets were hitting it, then i took a 1 DU beam and put it as close as i could to the center of the south wall int hat section and faced it south because rockets were coming from there too. all of the above worked briliantly in bringing wall damage down to like 5%. until the ogres stoppped dying so fast, because they were certainly swinging on waves 20+.

but until wave 20 i was chiiling on my summoner, i had everything fully upped by wave 18. next time i would try moving the walls further from the crystal at the northwest end. but i didn't like that section after wave 20 because the mage healer was taking a nsty beating from the ogres. so while i was on my dps watching his *** northeast and south actually held their own pretty damn well.

this maps harder than aquonos, it's not as easy for a dps monk to get to the ogres with all the air lifts, and the fact that there are more of them with the new copter.

if i had at least twe other tower boosting/dps monks or toons for each section, it probly woulda held fine.

and now frot he crux, north west crystal. my undoing, was that minions were to close to the crystal, so every ogre swing hit it whne they were int he right spot. but i expanded the reflect beam to 2DU towards the north wall because rockets were hitting it, then i took a 1 DU beam and put it as close as i could to the center of the south wall int hat section and faced it south because rockets were coming from there too. all of the above worked briliantly in bringing wall damage down to like 5%. until the ogres stoppped dying so fast, because they were certainly swinging on waves 20+.

For the northwest crytsal, you definitely need to get the walls and buffs as far as way as possible. There should be small small gaps between the ev wall and the map wall. and the buff beam should just be barely getting the walls by the time you have them moved out far enough. It should take you multiple tries to get it just right. I'll take some screenshots the next time I do it.

I'll definitely look at what you said about the reflect wall at the south crystal. It was the last mod I made so I didn't get to see it in action really, I just sort of knew I needed one there.

You didn't have any problems from removing the inferno at the northeast? I might have to try that out on my next run and put a few more reflect walls or something

You didn't have any problems from removing the inferno at the northeast? I might have to try that out on my next run and put a few more reflect walls or something

no it worked fine. i was planning on running my monk around to every ogre and taking them out, but after trying to leave the northwest i kinda got the feeling that it might not be possible like i did on aquonos. if i can knock out all the ogres as they come, the east and south are probably perfect in their layout. but again the new mob brings in more ogres at a time than there ever has been, so i might not be able to do that anymore.

At north, do you have all the walls buffed? Cause I can't seem to get two 2du phys. beams and a 4du TBB to be enough to cover a whole side. So I can't get both walls buffed on each side.