Anyone else feel this is absurdly annoying? It eats up a vast majority of my time - he's quite literally trolltastic in the way he'll start flying into a harpoon's line of fire, then do a 180 and fly the other direction! The earliest I've killed him was with 3 minutes left (after starting his segment at 15 minutes) and I've noticed a few things -

1) The first time I knock him down, I can usually only get in 5-6 million damage before he takes off. The second time? I can crank out 20-25 mil and he's just below half before getting away. This isn't a bug, it's happened three times - why does he take off after taking so little damage on the first knock-out?

2) Please stop letting him hover anywhere that isn't in front of a ballista. Alternately, add 3 more ballistas - there's only 3, and the only one I can consistently tag him with is the top, assuming he doesn't pull a 180.

That's it really. He just drives me nuts - it's fairly disproportionate how much time he eats up, especially if I've got 3 bosses right after him. I haven't even reached the Kraken on NM yet - not looking forward to taking down 2 of them with god-knows-how-much-health.

tl;dr - Boss Rush Dragon is bullcrap, please fix his flight pattern or tone down how smart he is with stopping just short of ballistas, 'cause it eats up more than half of the entire challenge's time. Have to knock him down 3-4 times while soloing before he bites the dust.

Totally with you.

We can't see his position on the map, and I ragequitted (very rare from me tho) because I run while looking at him, I reach the harpoon, shoot, the harpoon should hit him and... OLE, 180, trollface and back on the other side. I did that 15 times, and then disconnected.

From me, I think the best change to make is to let him become hittable from the center of the map
because like this, it takes too much time.

its fireballs destroy the towers in no time too, and since chasing him is a pain, it destroys everything.

From me, I think the best change to make is to let him become hittable from the center of the map
because like this, it takes too much time.

That's actually a great suggestion. And, you /can/ kind of.. see him, about 20% of the time from the map? But only when he's closer. I do admit trying to see a black silhouette against the void is kind of.. ****ing annoying.

I do admit trying to see a black silhouette against the void is kind of.. ****ing annoying.

It's impossible sometimes when you've got half of the map running behind you, the explosions, the pet shooting at enemies... the dragon that wasn't really easy to see just disappears in the darkness.

I saw him appear on the far south of the map, out of it, but only 1/10 of the time, the rest, well he's invisible.

as I said, rendering him vulnerable at all times would be a lot easier for ranged DPS chars like monk/app/huntress/EV...

The dragon can be killed in 3 seconds, the only challenge is the ballesta hit and i find it really nice how it is.

The dragon can be killed in 3 seconds.

^When it starts the flame fire other than that .. the dragon will keep trolling around :dragon:

the only challenge is the ballesta hit. i find it really nice how it is.

I agree with the first sentance and i disagree the 2nd sentance :D

The dragon can be killed in 3 seconds.

Yeah, GL getting him down with a harpoon within the first three seconds of him spawning, go troll somewhere else.

Totally agree. They said somewhere (I think it was Jermey that said it?) that they would be making him easier with the next patch (referring to 7.38d), but he's no easier. It still takes way too long to get him with a harpoon. IMO, they should either move him close enough so projectiles can hit him, then have him fall after a certain amount of damage is done so melee players can get some hits in, or make it so he only shoots the fireballs when he's infront of the harpoon, that way he doesn't flip around, then start shooting fireballs while you just sit there watching z,z.

As for a fast way to kill him, I've noticed that he doesn't fly off while breathing fire. Try waiting till you see him preparing to breathe fire, then rush in and wail on him. I was able to take him down after only hitting him with a harpoon once yesterday, cause he instantly breathed fire. Haven't tested to see if he flys off anyways, because I'm always in such a hurry cause I know the Kraken and Genie bosses take forever, but I'll test it to see if it's a good strategy today.

Yeah, GL getting him down with a harpoon within the first three seconds of him spawning, go troll somewhere else.

Im not trolling, YES hiting the dragon with ballesta is the most hard part, but you can kill the dragon in one of his lands with a monk+app, if you know how to make him use the fire breath.

When I played almost all my arrows were going above his body, the only thing I could hit was his head. Its hard trying to find him in space. Does not show at all on map. Flees after doing only 7mill damage, solo he has 35 mill? He eats a chunk of time. I tried duoing it was impossible for us to even land an arrow on him due to all atrows going above him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I did boss rush twice recently and was the one in charge of hitting the dragon with ballistas.

Honestly it's not that hard you just have to understand its pattern : you have little chance of hitting him while he shoots fire balls so be very careful to its flight speed when he is around a ballista. If he is flying slowly when near your arrow line you have a try with high chance of success.

Then of course never hit before he is fire breathing (we did it in 2 landing doing so).

Honestly the kraken knockbacking off-map is much more of a fun-killer to me :\

When I played almost all my arrows were going above his body, the only thing I could hit was his head. Its hard trying to find him in space. Does not show at all on map. Flees after doing only 7mill damage, solo he has 35 mill? He eats a chunk of time. I tried duoing it was impossible for us to even land an arrow on him due to all atrows going above him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

We changed him a bit in the latest patch so the arrow would no longer go through his body and not get a hit. Are you still having that issue on 7.38d?

Yeah, I can't say I've ever had much trouble hitting him with the BALLISTAs, which are completely different from harpoons. Nor have I ever had any trouble downing him in one or two landings.

Like other people already said, you're simply doing it wrong. Not knowing how to kill a boss doesn't mean it should be nerfed. Learn to abuse firebreath, hit him while he's flying, time your ballistas right, etc.

Also, I don't know what the range requirement is, but you CAN hit the dragon with harpoons/other projectile towers while he is flying around.. Whoever said he was 'invincible while flying around' simply hasn't met the range requirement. I've killed the dragon while dead in HC mode just due to outer-edge towers. (Not that you'll get the boss rush that way)

We changed him a bit in the latest patch so the arrow would no longer go through his body and not get a hit. Are you still having that issue on 7.38d?

i still find it gose through his tail some times and he is super anoying to kill on solo trying to perfectly time a harpoon 10 miles away not forgetting the complete blindnes from all the mobs getting in ur way they also push u out of reach of the fire button some times and then u gota wait another 40secs for him to get near another harpoon....

Demon Lord Goblin Mech are easy.

Dragon - Wait till this he does flamethrower to one shot him to death

Spider- Easy to kill

Genie - keep you back in to the middle so you don't get knock off.

Karken - stay in the middle.

The dragon needs to be changed completely. We should be able to see where he is at ALL times on the map. He should NOT flip around just before the harpoon. His fireball hovering should not last more than 10-15 seconds. He should not stop do to his fireball hovering so often, seems like i spend the whole fight with him floating between harpoons spamming fireballs at me.

It's still 100% luck to hit him with the ballista for controller users. We can't change the camera angle to 1st person, so there's no way to see him. And he's not on the mini-map for more than a second at a time. So yeah... :(

I have to say, I really love Boss Rush in general. Loads of fun. Just a bit annoying that I can't see the dragon. :P

The dragon needs to be changed completely. We should be able to see where he is at ALL times on the map. He should NOT flip around just before the harpoon. His fireball hovering should not last more than 10-15 seconds. He should not stop do to his fireball hovering so often, seems like i spend the whole fight with him floating between harpoons spamming fireballs at me.

He'd be way too easy if that all were to happen. They should just make it easier to hit him with the Ballistas, that would be fine.

However, I would like them to make it so the Kraken can't knock you off the platform, nothing infuriates me more then spending 15 mins on a run, only to get knocked off the edge >_>. I know they won't, cause it's part of the challenge, but I can dream ;o;.

Karken - stay in the middle.

I always fight them in the middle. He has enough knockback to kick me from the map from a distance far higher than the map's radius. I even once got out of the map after having been slowed by touching 3 walls in a row ^^'

yah their knockback needs to be toned down. I was doing a game where the best dps guy in the game who was winning it for us mostly got knocked off the side cause of them and then we lost :( I only died cause my dps monk only has 1400 hero health, so 2 of them kicked my butt! They knocked me out of the auras and then shot me to death!

To all the people saying : It's easy to hit the dragon with a ballista, just wait for him to dodge the first one and land the 2nd one.

Totally wrong, since mister Dragon changes direction as soon as you shoot, so he doesn't even pass in front of the harpoon, and he just fireballs you from a distance.

Talking about range too, it's impossible to hit the dragon with weapons (staves, EV weapons...) since the dragon is out of the map, and projectiles disappear on the map's edge without even grazing him.

Tried it with towers too, with 2000 range they can't even graze him.

Ive found to hit it with the harps, if you stand beside one, fire it when his head goes behind the big shields on either side of the harp. Occasionally he does his doubleback trick, but otherwise its an almost guarenteed hit

Bad game design...i use controller, and i need to use first person view to track the dragon..really tired...( PS. i use 2 slice in center to attract mobs)

And when i beat dragon, i faced spider queen, just 2 min , time out, really buggggggggy~~~

Bad game design...i use controller, and i need to use first person view to track the dragon..really tired...( PS. i use 2 slice in center to attract mobs)

And when i beat dragon, i faced spider queen, just 2 min , time out, really buggggggggy~~~

Just because you cannot do it, doesn't mean it's a bad design. Why is anybody assuming a map called 'boss rush' should be easy is beyond me

Just because you cannot do it, doesn't mean it's a bad design. Why is anybody assuming a map called 'boss rush' should be easy is beyond me

I haven't seem anyone here say it should be easy. However, if we can't see the boss on the map or the mini map all we can do is guess the position. In which case guessing =/= skill.