Anyone else annoyed that non-ranked players wont get any new content? Realm transfer?

I started playing this game not too long ago, i've got my first lvl 70 and i worked hard for it, when me and my friends started out we didn't read much about the "open" and "ranked" now we have all atleast 1 70 each and now the halloween update was put into the game and more and more people began using "modded" weapons this just makes the game soo booring.

i've read some threads about transfering, however this would result in "cheaters" getting on the ranked servers, what if you could transfer without bringing any items with you, or any money, this would still be very apreciated by manny people like me and my friends.

What do you think about this suggestion?

Poor Community Management

The only reasons they should have for limiting the DLC release for unranked are selfish ones. I had the intention of playing Halloween DLC on HALLOWEEN not November 5th e_e. It wont affect their precious ranked servers at all. This is just poor community management. Maybe my internet connection is so slow that i cant properly play online. Maybe it took me 5 hours to download that DLC just to find out it's limited. Oh sorry Trendy, didn't realize I'm worth that little to you. All you've succeeded in doing is @#!*% a heck of a lot of people off. Welcome to the game world gentlemen. Learn from this mistake and don't make it again.

The reasons indie games like Terraria and Minecraft have done so well is that they have amazing communities. The second Trendy starts getting greedy and separating their players by who they reward with what and when their communities growth with start seizing and die. When that happens, the flames of the internet will spread and burn Trendy to the ground. I never knew of trendy before this game, while their first impression was good the more they start doing this their reputation will die. No one will like trendy anymore

Be generous Trendy, that gets you major points in the communities eyes. and i wanted my dang Mummy!

I don't see why Ranked/Unranked are being treated differently, we all paid for the game we should all receive the benefits regardless of what side we play on. This 'stunt' has taken a little of the shine off for me, as I wonder why TrendyEnt would want all the casual players from open to move to ranked. Ranked players do NOT pay more than Open players, all DLC should be equal for everyone.

Does anyone know if you can transfer from RANKED to UNRANKED? So far I can only see my unranked savefiles in DungeonDefenders/Binaries/Win32. I want to play with people on unranked, but I already have a level 60 squire, level 70 huntress and at least 15 million mana worth of stuff (I know it isn't a lot, but it is for a noob like me).

I didnt know there was so much of a difference in the way chars are handle in ranked vs unranked. There are some good points make so far. Why doesnt unranked get the same content release dates as ranked; serves are different and the save files are kept apart from each other. The local game content is the same for both.

As for me I play unranked because I spent alot of time playing locally with my daughter who is 6 (we have about 50 hours in so far) and not the best skill wise. Now if I play online with her Im not sure if you can play with 2 players locally in the same game in ranked mode. She saw the halloween DLC and wanted to play so we downloaded it and couldnt find anything for it when playing locally. I thought my download was corrupted or something because we couldnt find any halloween stuff. I hope they dont do the same thing for the upcoming character classes releases, or for any other content for that matter.

BTW its totally kick *** that I can finally take advantage of my dual 22'' monitor setup. I play with 3360 x1050 resolution and she has her own screen dedicated to herself. Found it alot better than splitting our 50" LCD with the 360 version. Too bad the 360 controller is kinda big for her hands.

The holloween DLC being ranked only is just pointlessly isolating local players.

Sorry, but if i paid the same amount, i should at least get the dlc. Especially the costumes. Cmon.

It's an incentive to play ranked, its them saying IF YOU PLAY BY OUR RULES YOU'LL GET COOL STUFF. they made this obvious before you picked open, so get over it -.-

No they did not. The only thing they made obvious was that we would have access to mods, and that we wouldn't need a connection to Trendy Net to play.

This also meant that we could play locally with the same characters or transfer them to mobile if we had that version.

Suddenly we find out that we don't get access to DLC until later and that they more or less look down on us? No. This is not what we were told. Basically those of us not worried about mods messing up our game or being competitive are getting screwed for our choice.

I thought the devs said the Halloween content was being sent over to Open mode as of 5th of november ?

The holloween DLC being ranked only is just pointlessly isolating local players.

Sorry, but if i paid the same amount, i should at least get the dlc. Especially the costumes. Cmon.

Then why not play Ranked mode (Unless you already been banned from that)

Because some people have had characters for months on mobile, because Trendynet was incredibly bug-ridden at release and some people started local/unranked so they could actually play the game, or because some people want to play when they don't have internet access. I'm sure there are other reasons for playing unranked but those are my primary ones. Just because people aren't on Trendynet, doesn't mean they're doing bannable things asshat.

For people who haven't been reading the thread or other parts of the forums, it's been said by the developers that the Halloween content will be available to open players. It was just released on ranked first, that's all.

Because playing offline has its perks, trendynet was horrible on release, and to make this clear, its better to not rely on another internet service outside of steam. Adding yet another point for potentional failure.

Hey guys i play on open as well and i also read like 80% of the forums be happy we don't get the stuff till the 5th. TONS of issues with all the new content and people have had to restart and reset their stuff over and over again. Just like PC is the guinea pigs for PS3 and 360 Ranked is our guinea pigs. All the stuff is tweaked and fixed by the time it gets to us. Oh and its still being tweaked and we only gotta wait 3 more days for it. I know we gotta wait longer for it but what do we get in return. Stable servers, when it comes out only open will have cross platform, we can mod whatever we want soon. Come on now don't say you hate the company without comparing pluses to the negatives. Pluses greatly out weigh the negatives.