trendy fix the Dimension Final Boss

lol, in dark soul, in the second run you get alots of 1 hit kills like in demons souls, the second run is the hardder to beat solo.

this is an final boss, its suppust to be hard. in all game the final boss is hard, you cant beat it in your first try

thats y i got 1000G achievements points in that game

it requires u too have played the game at least three times
and no there are no one shots all of them can be survived if enough hp just depends on how u made ure char

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I understand where you are coming from with this, the end of the discussion should be "your are choosing hardcore mode".

It's a choice you make that prevents you from having multiple goes at the boss. You are also running it on the highest difficulty, when you could be doing it on a lower setting to learn the fight. Neither of these a valid option to you? Sounds like a personal problem. You're asking them to nerf the absolute end-boss of the game within 48 hours of it's release, but aren't even willing to try to LEARN the fight with the numerous other options available to you in which to do it.

What is the incentive for Trendy to accommodate this kind of a request for someone that clearly isn't interested in putting in the effort to actual figure out what they're doing wrong. I've seen this exact request/argument repeatedly on these forums each time new content is released. I just hope Trendy holds out this time and doesn't start nerfing immediately.

tbh i dont think u have played the boss ureself all i see is u posting dont nerf dont nerf well if u had played it u would know the boss is Bs come back when u have even come as far as the boss because i think ul probably die at the Boss gauntlet

As much as I understand where you are coming from with this, the end of the discussion should be "your are choosing hardcore mode".

It's a choice you make that prevents you from having multiple goes at the boss. You are also running it on the highest difficulty, when you could be doing it on a lower setting to learn the fight. Neither of these a valid option to you? Sounds like a personal problem. You're asking them to nerf the absolute end-boss of the game within 48 hours of it's release, but aren't even willing to try to LEARN the fight with the numerous other options available to you in which to do it.

What is the incentive for Trendy to accommodate this kind of a request for someone that clearly isn't interested in putting in the effort to actual figure out what they're doing wrong. I've seen this exact request/argument repeatedly on these forums each time new content is released. I just hope Trendy holds out this time and doesn't start nerfing immediately.

You missed his point. Let me distill it down to one sentence: it's fine if the boss is difficult, it's not fine if you need to spend upwards of a half hour to get one attempt at him. One of those is real difficulty (the boss mechanics making it hard for you to complete), one of those is artificial difficulty (you must slog through a half hour of un-losable content to get a crack at the boss, every attempt). He's fine with the former but like myself and others think Trendy should change the latter.

yeah its either nerf the boss leave it like this or make the boss more accesible not fight 70 minutes too get owned within 1 or less

Trendy really shouldn't be nerfing content released within a week.

This happens all the time, a day after release they get bombarded with complaints on it being too difficult, then they nerf it and people AFK it.

I sincerely hope they leave it as is, this is supposed to be the hardest part of the game, why does it need to made easier within 7 days of release? Clearly it can be beaten, you just need to re-work your strategy. Good luck!

You missed his point. Let me distill it down to one sentence: it's fine if the boss is difficult, it's not fine if you need to spend upwards of a half hour to get one attempt at him. One of those is real difficulty (the boss mechanics making it hard for you to complete), one of those is artificial difficulty (you must slog through a half hour of un-losable content to get a crack at the boss, every attempt). He's fine with the former but like myself and others think Trendy should change the latter.

Well, you got half of it at least.

But no, I don't feel like they need to do anything outside of what was already stated they'd be doing. You want to learn the boss fight, you've got non-hardcore mode, you've got lower difficulty settings, you have OPTIONS. They only option you are currently exploring (from what I can tell) is to demand Trendy make is easier on the hardest of hard settings. I do not agree with that.

[QUOTE]tbh i dont think u have played the boss ureself all i see is u posting dont nerf dont nerf well if u had played it u would know the boss is Bs come back when u have even come as far as the boss because i think ul probably die at the Boss gauntlet[/QUOTE]

That is kinda my ....ing point, isn't it now. I HAVEN'T EVEN HAD THE TIME TO PLAY THE DAMN THING, and there are a bunch of you here trying to get it nerfed to easymode. I'd at least like the opportunity to make a couple attempts myself SO I CAN SEE if you are all just whining (not because I feel specifically that you are, but have you read these forums? Everyone is a whiny little .... on them).

Once I've had my teeth kicked in a few times by the boss, I may very well be coming back here and agreeing with this thread. I do not, however, feel like telling Trendy to give it some time is in any way/shape/form wrong at this point.

I'll reiterate. It's been 48 hours. There are options available that give you the opportunity to learn the fight in a less-than "die once, redo from scratch" way. I'm being as nice as I can while trying to say "Man the @$#% up!".

The response to "The boss is tough" so far has been "Practice the boss." No ****. But when you put over a half hour of trivial content before getting the chance to practice the boss, that's bad game design. The best solution is instead of one gigantic map with an hour and a half time limit is to break it into two or more maps. Leave the boss hard, but split it so the pre-boss stuff is one map and the final boss is another. After clearing the pre-boss map, let us just start on the boss so we can practice it and eventually complete it in its current state.

I've heard some comparisons to Dark Souls bosses. Having played that game myself, I can say that the bosses are frustratingly difficult however it's fun because it's only a few minutes to get to back to a boss that you die at.

If it took a half hour trek to get back to a boss I would have quit the game within the first few hours.

Alright, I'm going to go try it out right now. Maybe in a little bit I'll be back agreeing to this thread, who knows.

Ok, so I think to beat this boss on NMHC you're going to need a bit of practice, but I think it possibly can be done. It's just frustrating having to do the whole map just to get to the boss. I managed to beat him on normal NM but I did use all my lives up. However, I did get some practice and kind of learned how he works. You have to constantly be moving, be ready to jump a lot and one thing that surprised me was you need to get up close to his crystals (and when you do this you don't really get damaged). This is some advice I can provide. I don't think Trendy should nerf him at all, but maybe if people get up to the boss fights and they lose, let them restart from there. Maybe not directly at the Old One, but at the boss gauntlet instead.

I love how some gamers complain , can you guys give it a rest with the nerfing and crying?

Lets see trendys options here...

OPTION 1
Make a really hard boss that people have to be really tactical and focussed on beating
THE RESULT?
people crying its too hard because they cant beat it sorry FARM it

OPTION 2
Make a really easy last boss that people can AFK and FARM
THE RESULT?
people saying how they wasted their money on a useless DLC that was completed in 2 hours of release followed by a bombardment of refund requests....

What do you hope to achieve by complaining?... if you cant do it... keep trying... they will fix the bugs... but my god.... what is the point in a game if you dont have to think about the challenge?!?!

I don't mind the final boss at all, It's just his hand slam attack is so annoying. If anyone knows how to dodge, please let me know. I've tried on easy just to try to find a way to dodge, but I just kept flying back...

Something that makes this a problem in non-HC on any difficulty is if you respawn as he's doing the movement of the platform you get stuck in first person mode hovering inside the platform or above it, its happened to me and my friend on multiple occasions and we had no choice to restart because we were not only in what seemed like an infinite respawn loop (floating in the air mid respawn we had full HP and such) and we couldn't do anything till we restarted the whole thing again.

I think you are confusing hard with bad?

Nope, he's not.

I think people would be far less annoyed and angry if you wouldn't have to do the whole crystal dimension garbage every single time before attempting to beat this boss. But you do have to.

its a bad choice that i need too do 1 hour of waves too get a shot at boss i dont mind the hard i mind the time i need too
invest and if u lose u get nothing and by nothing mean nothing no ultis noir sups drop during the waves or loot at all

if seen only 2 items drop per map and then being myth and useless

djpartje, that's partly the fault of how the whole thing is handled. Since you have to start anew after two waves and I've never seen anything done on the first wave it looks like there's a "full reset" each time. or the drops simply are that bad on that map.

But yes the crystal dimension is immensly unrewarding and punishing. If there were at least a few item drops and you would get anything out of it, but you don't.

That being said I think if they had simply SPLIT it into singular 5 parts it wouldn't have been as much of a problem or as frustrating. The maps are already there, just add another 2-3 waves for each of them and give the people to option to start at which of the 5 they want once they beat the previous ones.
That way we wouldn't have to start from scratch each godamn time and at least it would feel like we were making progress.

I don't mind the final boss at all, It's just his hand slam attack is so annoying. If anyone knows how to dodge, please let me know. I've tried on easy just to try to find a way to dodge, but I just kept flying back...

Not sure what I was doing differently then you, but I was not sent flying a single time in any of my attempts. Also tried it on easy once to see how the fight worked and frankly it's a joke on that difficulty settings, so not sure where the problem is but definitely sounds to me like standing in the wrong place.... Sorry I can't be more helpful atm, I'll screw around tonight and see if I can't figure out how his mechanics work a little better.

djpartje, that's partly the fault of how the whole thing is handled. Since you have to start anew after two waves and I've never seen anything done on the first wave it looks like there's a "full reset" each time. or the drops simply are that bad on that map.

But yes the crystal dimension is immensly unrewarding and punishing. If there were at least a few item drops and you would get anything out of it, but you don't.

That being said I think if they had simply SPLIT it into singular 5 parts it wouldn't have been as much of a problem or as frustrating. The maps are already there, just add another 2-3 waves for each of them and give the people to option to start at which of the 5 they want once they beat the previous ones.
That way we wouldn't have to start from scratch each godamn time and at least it would feel like we were making progress.

Having now run this place a few times, I'll agree that the lead up is a bit of a drag It does take quite some time to get through it, and I can understand peoples frustration with having to rerun the lead up to fight the boss again. That said, if you un-check hardcore, or you wait until you've had some additional time to reach 90 and get some new gear (specifically a new weapon, as they are much, much more powerful) I think you'll find that it really isn't that big of an issue.

Considering, from what I can tell, that the only real reason to run this place is to run it nmhc to get the skins, I'm very happy that Trendy made it a challenge and a time sink (and that it requires some player skill, not just huge numbers on your gear). I think this makes these rewards even more special, as it proves that you've actually achieved something in the game legitimately.

I would support a reduction in the waves leading up to the final fight (faster mob movement, fewer mobs, 1 less wave per round), but I do not support splitting of the content to accommodate players that want those rewards to be easier to obtain. That's just my (now informed) opinion.

Considering, from what I can tell, that the only real reason to run this place is to run it nmhc to get the skins, I'm very happy that Trendy made it a challenge and a time sink (and that it requires some player skill, not just huge numbers on your gear). I think this makes these rewards even more special, as it proves that you've actually achieved something in the game legitimately.

Well, it seems as if you do need it to get the 40 extra item box spaces.

Another thing is unlocking the skins for the huntress and adept is going to be a huge pain. They would just be dead weight. So, if you want those skins you either need to be able to do the Crystal Dimension on NMHC with less than 4 active players or you need to have friends that are so good at the boss on NMHC that they can carry dead weight (huntress or apprentice), neither of which seems likely.

I don't like the fact that you have to replay the whole map every time you want to try the boss but I don't think they'll change that. I wish they would at least consider giving you all 4 of the super legendary skins when you beat it once.

if u lose u get nothing and by nothing mean nothing no ultis noir sups drop during the waves or loot at all
if seen only 2 items drop per map and then being myth and useless

Good point here.

Would be cool if the drops were like survival :)

Another thing is unlocking the skins for the huntress and adept is going to be a huge pain. They would just be dead weight.

Not true in case of adept .. he have good dps .. and with classic weapon will be so good .. for his hp you could use the overcharge ability for instant heal :)

and for huntress .. yes it's will be real pain .. for me .. im not bother unlocking super or even normal outfit since i don't use her at any time xD

Not true in case of adept .. he have good dps .. and with classic weapon will be so good .. for his hp you could use the overcharge ability for instant heal :)

I mean, I know it's viable for most of the game content, but can he really compete with the monk in terms of raw dps.

Maybe I'm not remembering the numbers correctly, but I was in game with an adept who had roughly the same hero stats as me and a better seahorse, and her pet damage was less than 1/4 of mine (without hero boost). I mean her weapon damage was decent, but in NM that's usually such a small amount of your DPS.

Also, when you make your dps apprentice how do you upgrade the weapon? Do you go physical or elemental? And also is there some ideal number for what the charge sped should be at?

Having now run this place a few times, I'll agree that the lead up is a bit of a drag It does take quite some time to get through it, and I can understand peoples frustration with having to rerun the lead up to fight the boss again. That said, if you un-check hardcore, or you wait until you've had some additional time to reach 90 and get some new gear (specifically a new weapon, as they are much, much more powerful) I think you'll find that it really isn't that big of an issue.

I would support a reduction in the waves leading up to the final fight (faster mob movement, fewer mobs, 1 less wave per round), but I do not support splitting of the content to accommodate players that want those rewards to be easier to obtain. That's just my (now informed) opinion.

1. Yes higher numbers will have a huge impact, it's also been like that. But that's one of the biggest flaws of this game. It goes directly against the "skill" aspect you're talking about during your posts. You can't often compensate for lack of high numbers in many situations.

2. You also get the 40 item slots and the achievment. Personally the only reason I'm playing the game at this point is to get the last few achievments done I didn't finish yet. As for the costumes, apparently you have to run it with every single class you wont them with. And as some guy pointed out App and Huntress at this point are dead weight. They offer nothing a monk does, are completly outclassed and outmatched by him in every single aspect.
And personally I refuse to resort to playing an monk, he's simply not fun to me. But apparently the huntress isn't intended to be a viable dps anymore.

As for splitting of the content, it wouldn't really make it "easier" since you still would've to beat it first. It would only make it less tedious and repetitive. Personally I don't think that's bad at all.

I mean, I know it's viable for most of the game content, but can he really compete with the monk in terms of raw dps.

Maybe I'm not remembering the numbers correctly, but I was in game with an adept who had roughly the same hero stats as me and a better seahorse, and her pet damage was less than 1/4 of mine (without hero boost). I mean her weapon damage was decent, but in NM that's usually such a small amount of your DPS.

Also, when you make your dps apprentice how do you upgrade the weapon? Do you go physical or elemental? And also is there some ideal number for what the charge sped should be at?

I doubt the apprentice could keep up with a monk, neither in dps nor in survivability or utility. Simply because the monks scalation with pet damage and so on is far superior. Trendy doesn't seem to have any plan to fix this though.