DunDef Digest 7/10/12 Discussion Thread

7/10/12

It’s good to be back. And it looks like I’m just in time for the festivities, because...

Shards Part IV is out now on PC!

Last night, Shards Part IV descended from the development heavens. For those with the Complete Pack, there was joyous dancing and gleeful prancing. If you were waiting on the standalone DLC, worry no more! Swing by the Steam store to pick up your copy.

Meanwhile, our console fans are getting anxious. We’re working hard on a submittable version of Shards Part IV and the patch. Once we’ve shipped them off to Microsoft and Sony, we’ll let you know. Even then, we won’t have a concrete release date for a little while. Hang in there.

During our sneak peek of Shards Part IV, people said we were spoiling too much of the content. If you watched the stream but haven’t picked up the DLC, believe me when I say you ain’t seen nothing yet.

Unless you watch this next video from the Beta Team, which totally spoils that one thing and those other things.

Of course, there is one more secret for you to discover, which brings us to our final entry in the Tavernkeep Chronicles.

Tavernkeep Chronicles Part III (For Real)

It’s him.

He looked different this time. Younger. Rounder. But I could feel it in my gut -- it was him.

He came into the shop asking for a job. He could have me arrested, but here he is, wide-eyed and jovial, wanting to work alongside me. What game is this man playing?

I don’t like it. I need to leave. Now.

Before I go, I need to grab a few things from the dungeon. I need to disappear without a trail.

Previous pages: 145. | 144.

Steam Workshop Available Now

We’re pleased to announce that Steam Workshop for Dungeon Defenders is available now. Download and experience custom maps and mods from the community on both the PC and the Mac! You’ll find plenty of community maps at launch for you to discover.

We hope you’ll take the time to make and rate new content. Who knows, we may even show off the best creations right here for the world to see!

Head to the Steam Workshop Discussion to find tutorials and resources to make the first step on the path to creation.

Dungeon Defenders Sale

Surprise! Dungeon Defenders and most of our DLC (excluding the Eternia Shards) are on sale right now on Steam! Save up to 67 percent on sweet, glorious content!

Don’t hesitate. This sale won’t last long!

Jester Update

If you’re expecting news of the Jester’s towers, you'll have to wait one more week. But we can share this tidbit -- the new character class will come with a new map. We’ll have more details on the map soon, but just remember this: Checkmate.

Community Calendar

PC:
7/12 -- [Trendy Sponsored] The Toxic Empire Saga Events
7/12 -- Eternia Shards 12 Hour Live Stream
7/13 –- Trendy Friday Fun

360:
7/14 – [Trendy Sponsored] Meanwhile at The Legion of Doom Events

PS3:
7/13 to 7/15 – [Trendy Sponsored] Etheria’s Super Events

Creations of the Week

Have something neat you'd like to share? Send it cool to contest[at]trendyent.com with the subject "DunDef Screenshot"! Be sure to include your forum username or Steam username in the email. Our favorites will appear in future Digests!

Courtesy of jkpopfever

Until next time,
Hitmonchan

Discuss this Digest here!

Hey hit welcome back from your monk initiation programme ;)

next digest needs the doughnut challenge... followed with update on console patch... BEST DIGEST EVER THEN :P

I assure you us consolers are happy to wait for shard 4... but that patch is our life! :)

This map looks really pretty *_* and I was watching a livestream by darkpython earlier.. The new weapons look awesome!!! Especially that engine/blowfish/flower thing!

Can't wait to try this on PS3!

'A shadow forms over the heroes, old and new alike...'

*sits with baited breath*

'That's all for this digest!'

I literally said more explictiatives then was necessary at that moment :V

Is there any chance that you could make the Insane difficulty more challenging and, most importantly, more rewarding? (Honestly, the difficulty hike between Hard and Insane, as small as it is, is not as much rewarding over Hard, and does little to justify its existence.)

Aww, I'm disappointed that there are no more tavernkeeper chronicles. Are we getting setup for the next expansion of dungeon defenders?

Aww, I'm disappointed that there are no more tavernkeeper chronicles. Are we getting setup for the next expansion of dungeon defenders?

We were setting up something more immediate.

7/10/12

Meanwhile, our console fans are getting anxious. Were working hard on a submittable version of Shards Part IV and the patch. Once weve shipped them off to Microsoft and Sony, well let you know. Even then, we wont have a concrete release date for a little while. Hang in there.

Discuss this Digest here!

Does this mean it probably wont be ready by the end of this month?

Welcome back Hit!

Awesome looking stuff here. Reinstalled OS so now I get to re-download DD!

Does this mean it probably wont be ready by the end of this month?

I would agree with that assessment.

Welcome back Bruci, you've been missed :) :)

-Jer

I didn't receive a welcome back from you or Tsuda! :(