I've Got Monsters... but no achievement

Since this is just being activated this patch, I figure this is where it should go, a lot of the steam achievements haven't showed up yet, but they're valid in game....

Just this one... have all the pets... dropped em, rinse repeat, even went and re-did the pets just incase it was too long ago or something... still no dice?

Any ideas/word/etc? Anyone have the achievement in game work successfully?

From what I can tell you don't have the following:

Prez Donkey
Companion Cube
Djinn
PetRock
Dragon
Hawk
Griffon
Imp
Genie
Robot
Giraffe
Destructoid
Hamster
Guardian Squire
Guardian Huntress
Huntress Animus
Squire Animus

Ice, if I'm not mistaken you don't need the animi and guardians.

For the new achievement you need everything. The description is a bit off and we're updating it.

For the new achievement you need everything.

Fairly sure Skott said you need everything except
- guardians
- animi
- chicken and mega chicken

i got every single pet .. still no achievement .. should i put them in one folder -.-

Edit: nvm it's on patch notes now

"Fix for getting the "I've got Monsters in My Pocket" Achievement, and you no longer have to remove and re-add all the Pets into your Item Box to get it."

Will this count pets we previously had but discarded or do we have to reacquire everything again?

Companion Cube? Does this mean you can unlock the cube without having the two Steam "pre-order" packs? I know you don't get the Portal MK2 gun, as I just recently unlocked Hardcore Mythical Defender and was denied it myself. Wish I had known that getting the base game from either Amazon or an Indie bundle would permanently disqualify you from getting those TF2/Portal DLC packs. I've bought every single piece of DLC for this game on Steam, and I would gladly buy another copy of the base game (from the Steam store) in order to activate those TF2/Portal DLCs properly. I can't. And this is absurd. -_-

ShinUkyo, the Companion Cube is earned by beating all the original Challenges on Nightmare Hardcore mode. No Steam Pre-Order required for that or any Achievement :)

-Jer

ShinUkyo, the Companion Cube is earned by beating all the original Challenges on Nightmare Hardcore mode. No Steam Pre-Order required for that or any Achievement :)

This is good to hear. So when I unlock the Transcendent Challenge achievement, I will be rewarded the Weighted Companion Cube? (despite my not having the "Advanced Technology Pack" activated on my Steam account?) I was worried that it would be the same issue as with the MK2 Portal gun; my understanding was that they're both thematically tied to Portal.

I'm still upset about how poorly the distribution of the TF2/Portal DLC packs are handled by Valve (something I'm aware you have no control over yourselves.) I adore Dungeon Defenders, and it's easily my favorite title of this gaming generation. I've purchased every piece of DLC for the Steam version, for full price, and I've convinced many a friend to do the same. I have supported the game to the fullest financial extent that a (non-wealthy) customer can hope to.

But sadly, as there was a miscommunication on how the TF2/Portal bonus items are given out, I am permanently disqualified from being able to earn them. I purchased my base game on sale from Amazon, as I figured shaving a few bucks off the price would be nice. I had no idea that, once I activated my game on Steam as an outside-retailer purchase, I would have no capability of activating those TF2 and Portal DLC packs.

In the case of any past games that have come bundled with retailer-specific special content: you can buy another brand-new copy of the game from the appropriate retailer, be given the codes needed to activate the DLC, and then activate it. This, even despite having originally purchased your game through the wrong distribution source. Such is not the case with DD.

The only prerequisite for the TF2/Portal DLC bonuses, as of right now, is that someone is willing to purchase the game directly from the Steam store. A new customer, buying the game today, can still do this. If you were unlucky and didn't know about the restriction, and bought the game elsewhere, you're disqualified. Permanently. Despite your willingness to pay full price just like the new customer would. This does not make sense. I would gladly purchase another copy of DD from the Steam store, for full price if needed, to activate those two Steam "pre-order" DLC packs. I cannot, however, and this seems a bit absurd.

It would be different, also, if these were just cosmetic things. Technically the TF2 pets are, as they are re-configurations of already-existing pet abilities. The Portal Gun, on the other hand, has a functional use in the game that is 100% unique. The one awarded for Hardcore Mythical Defender is actually viable, too, thanks to the added stats. Having worked hard to unlock the achievement, particularly, it's a bit hurtful to be denied the reward.

Can anyone confirm that steam achievement can be unlocked or it still bugged!

I already got the trophy though! I tried dropping and picking them again .. still nothing :\

I already got the trophy though!

Do you think you can make like a list of the required pets.