Info: Ultimate Equipment

Just some quick information from DDDK:

Max Hero Stat upgrade: 600
Max possible upgrades: 404 (but because of how it's programmed, this is incredibly rare. 404, max upgrades not found?)
Minimum possible upgrades: 175 (but there's still a glitch that potentially sets it to 12, if it rolls exactly 255)
Set bonus: 40%

Minimum quality levels (with Supreme comparison):
Weapons: 43000 (Supreme: 39000)
Armor: 35000 (Supreme: 30000)
Pets: 95000 (Supreme: 84000)

The quality rating system doesn't appear to have changed - as such, only pets with a base damage stat could ever be Ultimate, right now. That means no ultimate guardians.

Ultimate items don't appear to get any bonuses to any stats except set bonus, stat limits and upgrades.

There's no special factor that prevents Ultimate gear from dropping on any stage, except the same factor which prevents Transcendent or Supreme items dropping. Any stage that drops Transcendent or better gear can drop Ultimate gear, as long as the loot multiplier is high enough. Bashing some figures into a calculator suggests the loot multiplier needs to be high enough to drop gear with at least 215 or so in hero stats for armor/weapons, but that assumes that all 8 stats are in that range (and weapons need a good base damage on top). If a stage can drop gear with at least 1 stat at that level, it can potentially drop Ultimate gear, however rare. Pets need ridiculous loot multipliers, though.

I got some additional info from Skott TE when he was doing runs last night. Apparently, the upgrades add more damage per upgrade on ultimate items, so a ultimate sword with 175 upgrades can be upgraded to a higher dps than a supreme with 300. Or something.

I got some additional info from Skott TE when he was doing runs last night. Apparently, the upgrades add more damage per upgrade on ultimate items, so a ultimate sword with 175 upgrades can be upgraded to a higher dps than a supreme with 300. Or something.

I can't actually find any proof that's true in DDDK - and upgrading an Ultimate sword in Open isn't any different from before, either.

what does "Minimum Quality Level" refer to?

The game uses a quality rating system to determine an equip's quality (Mythical, Transcendent, etc) and for equipment comparison (green/red thumbs). The quality's determined by the original stats of the equipment, and roughly says how "good" an item is. The function doesn't care about what players think is good, though, just total stats. Each stat type has it's own weighting (e.g. positive hero stats are multiplied by 9, negative hero stats are multiplied by 13.2)

So an Ultimate weapon has a minimum stat threshold of about 43000/39000 = 10.2% higher than Supreme.

As far as players are concerned, this is just a measure of how rare we can consider Ultimate gear, but it's related to the minimum stats of it as well.

It is a hidden value calculated based on the stats of the item. If its value exceeds the minimum for a given loot quality the item will be given that quality level.

It means the minimum for an item to be identified as an ultimate.

Roll Stats->Determine quality from stats
thats how the drop system works imo

Would've been better if this thread is deleted. This is basically giving hackers guide to modding/hacking items.

Would've been better if this thread is deleted. This is basically giving hackers guide to modding/hacking items.

Not really. The only spawn value noted is the max possible upgrades, and you need to know all the spawn values to hack in believeable items.

Telling people that Ultimate items can be upgraded to 600 in a stat, or having a set bonus of 40%, isn't really an issue. Telling people the minimum quality, without telling them how to work out the quality, isn't going to help a hacker create believeable items.

Plus, DDDK is available to anybody with the game on steam. Any hacker who actually knows what he's doing instead of just following a guide is going to be able to work out how items are spawned from that. In the meantime, the script kiddies™ will end up making items that are impossible, and that's going to be easily traceable.

In the meantime, the script kiddies™ will end up making items that are impossible, and that's going to be easily traceable.

ALT 0153 for a ™

Just fyi!

ALT 0153 for a ™

Just fyi!

My laptop doesn't have a numpad, so altcodes don't work.

That said, I can still use ctrl+c -> ctrl+v. Just too lazy to open up the character map for one symbol.

wow 600 cap plus 40 percent bonus that just overkill reaching 840 after set bonus

where a new difficulty to compensate for the ridiculous high stats that ultimate gives. supreme was already overkill now this just over the top lol

It looks like the difference between Ultimate and Supreme is minimal. My last survival runs confirms that.

Also, some additional info: Ultimates are painted dark blue on map overwiev.

however rare. Pets need ridiculous loot multipliers, though.

Say what?? Which pet gives a loot multiplier? Many thanks for a reply

Say what?? Which pet gives a loot multiplier? Many thanks for a reply

None. I was talking about the overall loot multiplier that all items are rolled from, i.e. things like NM, HC, MM and high wave numbers. The total value of this number needs to be close to the maximum for pets to have a real chance of becoming Ultimate.

Ive been playing on open with my mate, we got to wave 30 NM, MM, HC. We got 0 ultimate items and only 2 supreme items. Were we doing something wrong?

Ive been playing on open with my mate, we got to wave 30 NM, MM, HC. We got 0 ultimate items and only 2 supreme items. Were we doing something wrong?

Nope, they are just incredibly rare. Also, RNG may be doing its usual thing...

Sorry whats RNG? Ive just come back to DD after a while so im unsure of things

Random Number Generator, which generates item stats.

The game rolls 8 hero stats, but the results of each roll are entirely separate, so each roll has the same chances of any given value, regardless of what else is rolled.

My numbers may be off, but assuming a perfectly linear distribution, Ultimate gear's baseline average works out at around a 1/10000 chance of occurring with the highest possible multipliers for armor. That is, around a 33% chance of getting above the 215 baseline for each of 8 stats, so 0.33^8. Unfortunately, that's not factoring in the negative chances - plus, negative values are weighted heavier in the calculation, so their mere existence makes the rate even lower.

So, uh, Ultimate armor is pretty rare. Though over the course of a match you should see hundreds of equips drop with high enough multiplier to potentially be ultimate, the chances of one actually being ultimate are so low the average drop rate for ultimate armor might not even be once per survival.

Because the new maps can drop weapons with over 10000 base damage, it's much easier for those weapons to be Ultimate. The difference in Quality necessary for ultimate weapons is 8000, which is below 4000 base damage with 200+ upgrades. Weapons at 10k damage or over need a far lower hero stat total than armor.

Ive just been running wave 26-30 sky city (NM,HC,MM) on open. Have run it 4 times already and have received 0 supreme or ultimate items. Are u certain that this is down to me being unlucky 0.0?

It's closer to "you're lucky if you see one at all."

Ultimate armor can certainly drop in Sky City. Ultimate weapons can as well, and they're far more likely to.

But the chances are incredibly low, especially for armor.