Nightmare Hardcore Crystaline Realm rant thread

Final Boss, f...m...l.... playing three characters at once at the moment
(using them for boosts and what not, spawn count doesn't seem to go up in this map, yay!) :D

The Boss hits... hard.

This time around I'm going to try and bring a squire along and have him on block from the get go, see if he can withstand the blow, lol.

Seriously though, good job Trendy, I will beat this map before going to bed or I will never sleep.

(I'm sure someone would be amused at me literally using different limbs to turn boosts on and off and propping controllers to hold down buttons on top of each other)

I meant to put Tips and Rant Thread as to discuss how to beat it, but alas frustration got the best of me apparently (as there's just a rant thread below)

I've got absolutely nothing on the boss that'll work, I can get him down to mid second round at the moment before he finally sneaks in a backhand and takes me outta the game.

Only thing I've done thats helped (besides using controllers and using the boosts)
There's not enough time for me to put up towers without getting killed and even with 3k health they die on a single swipe.

I'm racking my brain trying new strategies to get it done without getting hit, but it seems like you just have to be on your a game and not get hit once.

funny. i thought game developers learned YEARS AGO that insta-gibbing players was stupid and should not be done.

nothing like turning progression meaningless...

[c3;557071']funny. i thought game developers learned YEARS AGO that insta-gibbing players was stupid and should not be done.

Ah come on the crystaline dimension is great fun!

First you have to build up a defense for a level like usual, then after two waves you have to do it all over again and then all over again. And if you're at that point, since the new goblin air units tend to get ignored till the last moment and drop the ogres right next to a crystal you finally get to the last plane.
Where you get about 30 seconds to set up a defense. And once these 30 seconds are done 5 bosses come at you at the same time, one of them being the dragon who annihilates the defenses from afar. Also there's a constant stream of ogres and other stuff coming right at the legendary knight alongside that annoying crystal copy of yours.
Oh and that's just the beginning. I hope you're having great fun. Because if by any chance something manages to kill the knight and that is fairly easy then you have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN!

[c3;557071']funny. i thought game developers learned YEARS AGO that insta-gibbing players was stupid and should not be done.

The boss is old school. It's a nice change of pace in all honesty. His attacks are all telegraphed to you clearly so it's up to you to be skill enough to recognise them and react accordingly.

Plus, the rewards. It makes it all worth it. <3

Ah come on the crystaline dimension is great fun!

First you have to build up a defense for a level like usual, then after two waves you have to do it all over again and then all over again. And if you're at that point, since the new goblin air units tend to get ignored till the last moment and drop the ogres right next to a crystal you finally get to the last plane.
Where you get about 30 seconds to set up a defense. And once these 30 seconds are done 5 bosses come at you at the same time, one of them being the dragon who annihilates the defenses from afar. Also there's a constant stream of ogres and other stuff coming right at the legendary knight alongside that annoying crystal copy of yours.
Oh and that's just the beginning. I hope you're having great fun. Because if by any chance something manages to kill the knight and that is fairly easy then you have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN!

Sooooo much whine.

Im sorry you dont like it. I personally find the new content to be extremely enjoyable. Maybe youd be happier no longer playing the game? you really dont seem to like it

Sooooo much whine.

Im sorry you dont like it. I personally find the new content to be extremely enjoyable. Maybe youd be happier no longer playing the game? you really dont seem to like it

In your group, are you that no lifer with nearly a thousand hours played? I'll guess so.

And yes I'll be happy to stop playing this pile of **** the game turned into because of people like you. The game used to be actual fun, but that was changing for quite some time and now finally stopped being fun at all. I'll guess I'll pass on the last 8 achievments, simply not worth this bull****.
You on the other hand seem to belong to the group of people who enjoy breaking down cement wall with their head because it would be such a great accomplishment. So the crystaline dimension, bugged ogres walking up walls and Sharken charging over cliffs might be exactly what you enjoy.

But then you most likely enjoy tearing out your nails with a rusty plier.

In your group, are you that no lifer with nearly a thousand hours played? I'll guess so.

And yes I'll be happy to stop playing this pile of **** the game turned into because of people like you. The game used to be actual fun, but that was changing for quite some time and now finally stopped being fun at all. I'll guess I'll pass on the last 8 achievments, simply not worth this bull****.
You on the other hand seem to belong to the group of people who enjoy breaking down cement wall with their head because it would be such a great accomplishment. So the crystaline dimension, bugged ogres walking up walls and Sharken charging over cliffs might be exactly what you enjoy.

But then you most likely enjoy tearing out your nails with a rusty plier.

So much anger. Really man, just stop visiting the forums and stop playing, itll be better for your health. The crystal dimension is scaled to be much much harder then the rest of the game, and i quite enjoy it, sorry.

So much anger. Really man, just stop visiting the forums and stop playing, itll be better for your health. The crystal dimension is scaled to be much much harder then the rest of the game, and i quite enjoy it, sorry.

As said before, with nearly 1000 hours active play time invested in this game. That's over 40 days btw. It's not very surprising that you with most likely completly upgraded high end supreme gear would "enjoy" this.
Apparently you didn't beat it yet and that says something, especially since I'm fairly sure you're not actually playing this alone or are you?

Try doing it alone without that kind of gear. You wont enjoy it as much. That said the only real problem is the very last wave. And that there's absolutely no time to set up any kind of defense whatsoever before they send all those bosses at once and a constant streams of ogres right at the knight who can pretty much one shot him.

On another note...how are people dealing with the third section? Trying to work out strategies for it solo, have the first two down but wyverns keep massacring my crystals in section three while all my stuff is occupied by ogre swarms. Should I even bother with putting defenses around the mage, or focus on the crystals?

"My way or the highway" mentality is really prevalent in this community, huh? Shame to admit I've been guilty of that myself but I guess loot-prostitute games tend to do that to you.

No offense intended, but you are complaining about the difficulty of playing three characters simultaneously on the final board on the highest difficulty setting... Try playing it with one character at a time on hard without hardcore toggled?

seconded.